A transistor tester is a device that can be used to test the capabilities of diverse types of transistors and diodes. In order to determine if a problem exists due to transistors or diodes on the printed circuit board or motherboard of a device, a transistor tester should be used. We will help you choose the best transistor tester for your needs in this article.
The transistor tester is a very important instrument for field technicians. Anyone who does technical work will definitely recommend it when considering its usefulness. It is an excellent alternative to a multimeter for testing or measuring almost all types of components. Hardware industries can benefit from the use of this device. If you repair TVs, laptops, or PCs, this tool is invaluable. Multimeters, capacitor testers, transistor testers, clamp meters, and other meters or testers are very useful for technicians.
The best transistor tester has an area with a few tiny holes where the transistor and diode’s legs are placed to measure their capacity. All we need to know is how to use it correctly. This article will assist you in learning how to use it well.
Our 5 Favorite Transistor Tester
Atlas DCA55 Semiconductor Tester
|Buy on Amazon|
Transistor Tester, DROK Mosfet Transistor Capacitor Tester, Mega328 NPN PNP Transistor Diode...
|Buy on Amazon|
Multi-function Tester, Longruner 1.8 inch Colorful Display Pocketable Multifunctional TFT Backlight...
|Buy on Amazon|
AITRIP LCR-TC1 Colorful Display Pocketable Multifunctional TFT Backlight Transistor Tester for Diode...
|Buy on Amazon|
PEAK Atlas Atlas IT (DCA Pro) ADVANCED SEMICONDUCTOR ANALYZER with Curve Tracing
|Buy on Amazon|
Best Transistor Tester Reviews:
1. BSIDE ESR02 PRO Digital Transistor Tester
This transistor tester is specifically designed to test SMD-type and plug-in components. Furthermore, it can be used to test many types of triodes, thyristors, and MOSFETs, allowing evaluation of device type, pin polarity, output HFE, valve voltage, and FET junction capacitance. Both sides have a POWER/TEST button that can be used with either hand.
This intelligent transistor checker automatically detects NPN and PNP transistors, N-channel and P-channel MOSFETs, diodes, thyristors, resistors, capacitors, and other devices. The series concludes with a table titled “typical ESR value of the electrolytic capacitor,” which gives a clear idea of how to utilize it.
If no action is taken within 10 seconds, the transistor tester will automatically shut off to save energy. There is a large LCD screen with a backlight for easier reading.
- Wide Application: It is very easy to test plug-in and SMD devices, it can also be used to test different kinds of triodes, thyristors, MOSFET, enable to analysis the device type, the polarity of the pin, the output HFE, the valve voltage, the junction capacitance of the FET.
- Automatical Identification: Smart transistor checker is able to detect NPN and PNP transistors, N-channel and P-channel MOSFET, diodes, thyristors, resistors, capacitors or other devices automatically.
- 2 POWER/TEST Button: POWER/TEST button on both sides, you can operate it with your left or right hand.
- Typical ESR Value Table: There is a table “typical ESR value of electrolytic capacitor” at the back, provide a clear indication that you can quickly understand and use it.
- Added Functions: The transistor tester will be auto power off to save energy if there is no any operation within about 10 seconds. Large LCD display with backlight function for easy reading.
2. DROK Mosfet Transistor Capacitor Tester
DROK is a well-known and popular brand of transistor testers and other related testing tools which are appreciated for offering users convenient and useful features.
The DROK transistor tester offers a wealth of useful features, making it a great all-rounder. The first thing you’ll notice about this unit is its exceptional 1.8-inch display that happens to be a colored LCD. The tester also provides automatic identification, allowing you to work on NPN and PNP transistors as well as other components.
A 40-second auto shutdown function is also included for getting the most out of the 9V battery. With this transistor tester from DROK, you do not get a warranty, but it offers a great build quality for its high price.
- WIDE APPLICATION: This multifunctional capacitance meter can be used to test triode, field-effect tube(FET), diode, resistor, capacitor, inductor, MOS, SCR, which is available for various electric transistor testing.
- LARGE & CLEAR LCD DIGITAL DISPLAY: This amazing detector adopts 1.8″ TFT color LCD screen with high-resolution. Besides, different parameter is shown with different color, convenient and simple for you to check the parameter.
- AUTOMATIC IDENTIFICATION: DROK intelligent transistor checker is able to detect NPN and PNP transistors, N-channel and P-channel MOSFET, diodes, thyristors, resistors, capacitors or other devices automatically.
- BATTERY POWERED: This monitor is powered by DC9V battery (not included).
- AUTO SHUT-DOWN FUNCTION: Our advanced electronic transistor tester owns auto shut-down function. There is shutdown countdown displayed on the monitor and the shutdown countdown time can be extended to 40s.
3. 1.8 inch Colorful Display Pocketable Multifunctional TFT Backlight Transistor
The Longruner Multifunctional TFT Backlight Transistor LCR-TC1 Tester is one of the more popular options on the market today. Almost any review you read on the best transistor tester will give you this option. It also features a large 1.8-inch LCD display, with a colored background and a backlight to make it easier to see.
The unit is multifunctional as one should expect and it can detect the different transistors and well diodes and capacitors. The detection limit does not stop here and you will find that it can detect almost any component in your electronics. The liquid-crystal screen ensures that your visibility on the screen will be off the chart.
In terms of usability, the unit is very simple to navigate. One simply needs to line up the IR remote control with the IR light and this will show you all the details. However, it can take a couple of minutes to decode the components before revealing all the specs. Much like the previous tester, it features automatic detection.
While it is slightly more expensive than some of the others, you will definitely get some great value for your money. Since you have one button to use when operating the system, it is much easier to figure out all the nooks and crannies. We would highly recommend the unit to anyone who needs a less sophisticated transistor tester.
- Self test with automatic calibration
- Color: White
- Size: 69*91*28m/ 2.71×3.58×1.10 inch
- Display: 3.5 inch TFT Screen, Color Screen
- Diode Range: less than 4.5V
- Zener Diode:Transistor Detect Area: 0.01-4.5V
- Zener Diode Detect Area: 0.01-30V
- Triac Range: IGT less than 6mA
- Capacitance: 25pF-100mF
- Resistor: 0.01-50MΩ
- Inductance: 0.01mH-20H
- Power Voltage: 3.7V
- Power: Built-in Rechargeable Lithium Battery
4. YWNYT LCR-TC1 Display Transistor Tester
You can also consider YWNYT and its electrical testing tools like its transistor tester if you want something that not only offers features but also includes handy accessories.
YWNYT’s transistor tester is a highly versatile option since it includes all kinds of accessories like cables, batteries, and even components. Taking a look at the features that it includes, you will be glad to know that the YWNYT transistor tester features a colored LCD display. You also get automatic identification with it for NPN and PNP transistors.
Another automatic function of this transistor tester is its automatic shutdown function. With this, it can get the most out of its 9V battery in terms of the battery life that you can expect. However, if you want something for long-term usage, you should look elsewhere since this one does not have any included warranty.
- For detecting NPN and PNP transistor, capacitor, resistor, diode, triode, N-channel and P-channel MOSFET, IGBT, JFET, triac and battery, resistor and capacitor and other components, etc.
- Put the pins of component in corresponding area, then dial the little handle and the detector will test it automatically, finally the results will display on the back light TFT screen clearly. ( Use 12864 liquid crystal display with green backlight).
- After detection, align the infrared remote control with the “IR” light, then press the button in the remote control, if the detector successfully decode it, it will display the data code and infrared wave form.
- Measurement results represent by TFT graphic display(160×128). Support Chinese and English.
- One key operation, Auto Power Off(Timeout Settable). Can also press the multi-functional button to close the detector.
5. Signstek MESR-100 V2 LCR Meter
Dual terminals for quick and easy inspection of general capacitors and resistors, as well as a printed ESR table for quick reference. The ESR value was measured using a genuine 100 kHz sine wave, which is the same as the capacitor manufacturer’s testing technique. Low Ohm Meter with auto-ranging capacitor ESR.
In-circuit testing is supported with a measuring range of 0.001 to 100.0R. Wide Measurement Range is a fantastic feature that makes it stand out.
- Using true 100 KHz sine wave to measure the ESR value, which is equal to the testing method of capacitor manufacturer.
- Dual terminal, for fast and easy inspect general capacitor or resistor, a printed ESR table for fast check.
- Measuring range from 0.001 to 100.0R, support IN CIRCUIT Testing.
- Auto-ranging capacitor ESR and Low Ohm Meter.
- Wide Measurement Range
6. WisTek Pocketable Multifunctional Transistor Tester
Last but certainly not least, we have one of the largest options on the list. The wistek Pocketable Multifunctional Transistor Tester is one of the most functional options currently available. It features a state-of-the-art design and color screen display. However, the liquid crystal LCD makes the display clear to read.
Once you have your mini leads connected to the electrical components, you don’t need to waste a lot of time with the setup. It should not take the unit more than 2-seconds to give you the tests. It might not have a manual, but you only have one button that needs to be operated. The button will make it easy to use and read the results.
The wisTek Pocketable Multifunctional Transistor Tester takes the worry of battery power out of your hands and it features a state of the 4.5 lithium-ion battery. The battery is already built into the device, which means that you don’t need to waste time replacing it. A standard micro USB charger will suffice for charging.
- Widely Use: Transistor Tester is for detecting NPN and PNP transistor, capacitor, resistor, diode, tripode capacitor, N-channel and P-channel MOSFET, IGBT, JFET, trial and battery etc. detect infrared wave forms, zener diode and has the function of self-calibration
- Display the data code and infrared wave form: Align the infrared remote control with the “IR” light after detection, then press the button in the remote control, if the detector successfully decode it, it will display the data code and infrared wave form
- One Button Operation: automatically detect and shutdown, and you can press the multi-functional button to close the detector too
- Easy Operation: Put the pins of component in corresponding area, then dial the little handle and the detector will test it automatically, finally the results will display on the back light TFT screen clearly
- Pocketable: Big Color Display of 1.8 inch TFT backlight with small site, easy to carry and helpful
7. Aideepen Transistor Tester
Aideepen and its electrical testing products like its transistor tester given here can be a great option for all those who are looking for something feature-rich and ideal for long-term usage.
This Aideepen transistor tester is the most feature-rich option given here since not only do you get high-end features with it, but it also includes various handy accessories in the box. Starting with its display, you will find a pretty large 1.8 inches colored LCD display. Just like most other transistor testers, this one also has automatic identification for NPN and PNP transistors.
Because this transistor tester relies on a 9V battery for its power requirement, it features an auto-shutdown function for extending its battery life as much as possible. Unfortunately, despite offering a fairly sturdy build quality, this transistor tester lacks any form of warranty.
- This multifunctional capacitance meter can be used to test triode, field-effect tube(FET), diode, resistor, capacitor, inductor, MOS, SCR, which is available for various electric transistor testing.(Note Pin Jack Select and discharge before testing capacitor)
- This amazing detector adopts 1.8″ TFT color LCD screen with high-resolution. Besides, different parameter is shown with different color, convenient and simple for you to check the parameter.
- Aideepen intelligent transistor checker is able to detect NPN and PNP transistors, N-channel and P-channel MOSFET, diodes, thyristors, resistors, capacitors or other devices automatically.
- Our advanced electronic transistor tester owns auto shut-down function. There is shutdown countdown displayed on the monitor and the shutdown countdown time can be extended to 40s.
- We add a DC9V battery and 3pcs test leads can help you convenient and efficient to complete your project.Our service team is always ready to answer your questions,please feel free to contact us.
8. KOOKYE Mega328 Transistor Tester
The KOOKYE Mega328 Transistor Tester is one of the smaller and cheaper options on the market today. The unit is not battery-powered and will need a solid power supply. However, it has a wide range of detection features, which include the standard transistor(NPN or PNP), capacitor, and many other components.
The unit has a very high testing speed and it should take you no more than 2-seconds to have the results you need on your components. While the unit itself might lack some durability, it features a clear casing that will make it possible for you to use it in all weather conditions. The single-button operation is very easy to navigate and use.
As for the price, it is one of the cheaper options on the market today and this is due to the limited features. However, the price is no resemblance to the quality of the unit. You can be sure that you will get some great value for your money. We would recommend it for the quality and all the features you will get.
- Automatic test the pin of a component, and display on the LCD
- Resistance measurement resolution is 0.1 ohms , 50M ohms can be measured
- Inductors, capacitors , diodes, dual diode , mos, transistor, SCR , the regulator, LED tube , ESR,
- Before measuring capacitance , the capacitor must be discharged ,otherwise likely damage the meter
Buying Guide for The Best Transistor Testers
Those of you who work on electrical circuits quite often must know that there are all sorts of components that you need to use for the same. Out of the various options out there, a transistor is something that gets used in almost all circuits.
But since choosing the right transistor is quite important for your circuits, you will need to use one of the best transistor testers given above. To help you in choosing the right transistor tester, we have explained some of the most important factors and aspects of all these transistor testers. And in case you wish to know further, make sure to check out this detailed buying guide for the best transistor testers:
In case you want to use your transistor tester for testing just more than a transistor, then you will be glad to know that most of them allow you to do the same. Not only do transistor testers work with other electrical components, but they also offer features like automatic identification. Such a feature allows your transistor tester to change its testing mode according to the electrical component that you are testing.
When you are using a transistor tester, you will be using its display to take all readings and work on transistors. Due to this, it is quite important to have a display that is easy to read at all times. For the same, the first thing to check is whether you are going with a monochromatic or a colored LCD display since colored ones are easier to read.
Another factor regarding the display of your transistor tester is the display size. This is due to the reason that a large 1.8-inch display will be much easier to read than a smaller 1.2 inch one.
The measurement range offered by your transistor tester is highly important to check if you use components of all kinds. This is due to the reason that while some electrical components are ideal for smaller circuits, other ones are ideal for larger circuits. Hence, any transistor tester which offers a wide range for both small and large components is going to be perfect for versatile usage.
After picking up the right transistor tester for your needs and requirements, you would want it to last for as long as possible. And while not all transistor testers may include one, checking the included warranty of your transistor tester is still a great idea. Talking about the warranty options that you can find with transistor testers which include a warranty, most of them feature a decent 1-year warranty which should be quite good for most users.
Automatic Power Off
Because all-transistor testers rely on battery power for their functioning, you would want the internal battery to last for as long as possible. And to ensure the same, many transistor testers include automatic power-off functions. Such a function simply turns off your transistor tester if you have not used it in a while. While some may turn off your transistor testers in 20 or 40 seconds, a few also allow you to adjust this time as needed.
How to Use a Transistor Tester?
A transistor tester is very easy to use, the transistor tester consists of a platform with a handle with many holes for attaching the components, you have to test it by attaching your components to this platform.
What is a Transistor Tester?
Transistor Tester is such a device with the help of which we can test other SMD-type components including transistors. For more information read our article carefully.
How to Calibrate Transistor Tester?
You can easily calibrate any transistor tester and find out which transistor tester is best and which is not, you can also use our given parameters for this.
Which Is The Best Transistor Tester?
You can read our detailed product reviews to know which transistor tester is the best.
Which Device is Used for Transistor Testing?
A transistor tester is used to test the transistor.
What is ESR Meter?
The ESR meter is a two-terminal electronic measuring instrument that is primarily used to determine the equivalent series resistance (ESR) of the real capacitor; typically, the capacitor is not disconnected from the circuit to which it is attached.
In this article, we have tried to explain the best transistor testers to you. After reading this article, you will certainly know everything you need to know about transistor testers. You won’t need to go anywhere else after reading this article. Moreover, we have tried to conduct unbiased product reviews, which is very important for you to know.