Choosing the right bicycle cable cutter can make all the difference. Whether you’re looking for a precise and effective carving tool or need to cut any materials, have a look through our range of cutters to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Here we review the best bicycle cable cutter, so you can choose the right cutter for any kind of your work.
List of 10 Best bicycle cable cutter
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the bicycle cable cutter to grab the best one.
1. Glarks 81Pcs Stainless Steel Bicycle Cable Cutter and Bike Brake Cable Shifter Cable with End Caps, O-Rings Set for Mountain Bike, Road Bike
- ♛【What You Get】: Our set include 6pcs brake cables and 6pcs shift cables. Also include siliver end caps x 36pcs, 5mm brake cable end caps x 10pcs, 4mm shift cable end caps x 10pcs, O-rings x 12pcs. Come with a 8 inch stainless steel wire cutter for cutting steel wire which up to 5/32”.
- ♛【High Quality】: The bike brake/shift cables are made of durable stainless steel and high quality standard zinc-coated, strong and durable; the end caps and sheath ferrules are made of alloy, not easy to break.
- ♛【Cable Cutter】: Our wire cable cutter is made of chrome-vanadium steel, can make very precise, very clean cuts without fraying and smashing the ends, not only cut the cutaway cables and ripcords perfectly,and also great for grommet removal project.
- ♛【Easy to Use】: Our set include 6pcs 1.7m brake cable and 6pcs 2.1m shifter cable can be used for front or rear cable, you can use the cable cutter to cut the length you need. The cable end crimp prevents to be scratched by the cable end and keep cable ends nice and tidy, the silicone O-ring keeps your bike from the grind lacquer.
- ♛【Wide Application】: These bike cables and cable cutter set fit most bikes, such as road bike, BMX bike ,common bikes, MTB bikes, kids’ bikes, folding bikes, recreational cycling. The brake cable is pear-shaped (vertical cylindrical) and is more suitable for road bikes.
2. Park Tool CN-10 Professional Cable and Housing Cutter
- Cold forged, heat treated steel handles for strength
- Precision ground cutting jaws for a clean cut on every cable
- Built in crimper for cable end caps and forming hole for reforming housing ends and housing ferrules
Additional Info :
3. CyclingDeal Heavy Duty – Stainless Steel Cable Wire – Cutter Scissors Repair Tool – Bike Bicycle Brake MTB Cable, Small Hard Wire
- The Cable Cutter is a high quality, spring loaded, hardened steel cutter designed for cutting all types of bicycle cables neatly
- Hard and sharp cutter edges. It will cut the cable cleanly with no split ends, no further clean needed.
- It’s a simple and precise tool essential for every workshop.
- Top quality Made in Taiwan
- ORDER NOW, WORRY FREE! We’re so confident about our product quality that we can provide a 2 years warranty!
Additional Info :
4. Muzata Bike Cable Cutter Wire Rope Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Aircraft Up to 5/32″ for Deck Stair Railing Seal Metal Housing Fencing with 4Pcs Bike Bicycle Cable Cap End M015, CT1
- Ideal for stainless steel — This cable cutter works excellent in cutting up to 5/32″ cable of all kinds. It is widely used in industrial and home applications like cable railing, fencing, bike brakes, and other DIY projects. The aircraft 1/8″ stainless steel wire rope WR01 and hydraulic crimper CR09 are recommended to use with. 4 pcs bike brake cable cap end tips are included as a gift.
- Clean Cut — The blade of this wire rope cutter is quite sharp and durable since it is made of Chrome Vanadium (CR-V) steel and has been hardened by high-frequency quenching. This steel wire cable can make exact and clean cuts without fraying or smashing the cable ends.
- Safety — The safety lock prevents accidental opens and cuts that might hurt you. The ergonomic one-hand operation and lightweight make it easy to use and carry.
- Pre-designed systems — This product belongs to some pre-designed cable railing systems released recently. We have planned everything you need for building a cable railing project, including posts, handrails, cables, terminals, and tools. Please scroll down to” product description” for more details or download the user guide PDF for complete system information. You can also click “Visit the Muzata Store” below the page title to check all our systems.
- Free Design Service — If you are a beginner or unsure how to do it, please reach us by clicking on “by Muzata” below “add to cart.” Our experts can do all the planning, designing, and estimating for you without extra charges. Then you can follow the shopping list to buy all the materials in 3 minutes.
Additional Info :
5. PRO BIKE TOOL Cable Cutters – Heavy Duty cable cutter for bicycle wire and cables
- No Frayed Cables – Thanks to the hard metal blades, they are not only sharp, but durable. This ensures they provide a clean cut time after time and more importantly, no frayed cables!
- A Cyclists best friend – Make bicycle maintenance a breeze and cut your cables clean every time. Also great for general use around the house, DIY and all sorts of metal cutting.
- Ergonomics – The soft PVC coated handle provides plentiful grip for great leverage. Handles ergonomically shaped to your hand for the best grip.
- Spring loaded! – The pliers can be locked together with the safety lock when not in use, or unlocked meaning the pliers will spring outwards ready for use. Super easy to use!
- Pro Quality – We are so confident about the quality of our products that if you have any product issues, we’re very happy to either provide a Refund or a Replacement.
6. Bicycle Cable Cutter, Universal 4×5.9FT(1.8m) Brake Cable, 4×7.2FT(2.2m) Shift Cable, Replacement Kit for Mountain and Road Bicycle, Cable and Housing Cutter Tool
- 🍀Sharp Wire Cutters – The cable cutter is made of CR-V chrome vanadium steel which is very sharp. It is easy to cut 0-5mm wire or cable. The wire latch holds handles together when not in use.
- 🍀Brake Cable – The OD of the universal bike brake cable is 1.4mm which has more braking power and smooth operation. 4 pcs 5.9FT(1.8m) brake cable is long enough for you to custom the brake cables length.
- 🍀Shift Cable – The OD of the universal bike shift cable is 1.4mm which is ideal replacement for mountain MTB road BMX folding Cruiser bike etc. 4 pcs 7.2FT(2.2m) brake cable is long enough for you to custom the shift cables length.
- 🍀Free Bike Brake Cable Kit – The package includes 4×End Caps, 4×End Ferrule, 4×Sheath Ferrules, 4×O-Rings, 4×S-buckles, 4×Cable End Crimps (Maybe 1-2 missing in the kit). It has everything you need.
- 🍀Widely Applications – The universal bicycles brake cable and shift cable fit for most bikes. The length are long enough for mountain bike, road bike, BMX bike, folding bike, recreational cycling.
7. Pedro’s Bicycle Cable Cutter, Black/Yellow
- Made from heat-treated tool steel to ensure the ultimate in strength and long-lasting performance
- Ergonomic, cushioned grip, and high leverage design for comfort and ease of use
- Quickly and cleanly cuts brake and derailleur cables, housing, and other wires
- Sport type: Cycling
- Color: Black / Yellow.Package Dimensions: 2.311 L x 25.908 H x 9.398 W (centimeters)
Additional Info :
|Color||Black / Yellow|
8. JCOLUSHI Bicycle Cable Cutter with Universal 1×3m Bike Brake Housing, 2×1.8m Brake Cable, 1×4m Shift Cable Housing, 2×2.2m Shift Cable and Replacement Kit for Mountain and Road Bicycle
- 【Stainless Steel Bicycle Cable Cutter】The bike cable cutter is designed for cutting bicycle cable and cable housing. It is easy to cut, and made of CR-V chrome vanadium steel. The length is 8″(20mm), and the weight is 330g. The wire cutter applies to wire and cable with a diameter of 0-5mm
- 【Brake Housing and Brake Cable】Universal 1×3m bike brake housing (OD 5mm), 2×1.8m brake cable(OD 1.4mm)
- 【Brake Housing and Brake Cable】Universal 1×3m bike brake housing (OD 5mm), 2×1.8m brake cable(OD 1.4mm)
- 【Other Bike Brake Cable Kit】10×End Caps, 10×End Ferrule, 10×Sheath Ferrules, 10×O-Rings, 10×S-buckles, 10×Cable End Crimps (May be 1-3 missing in the kit)
- 【Widely Applications】Perfect replacement for Mountain bike(MTB), BMX, Road bikes, Folding bikes, Kids’ Bikes, DIY Cable pipe installation and etc.
9. Bikehand Heavy Duty – Stainless Steel Cable Wire – Cutter Scissors Repair Tool – Bike Bicycle Brake Shifter MTB Cable, Small Hard Wire – Crimper – Very Clean Cut
- COMPATIBILITY: The cutter is used to cut the bike shifter cables and brake cables. It is good to cut the cable outer too. The built in crimper points are used for crimping cable ends and hose ferrules.
- CLEAN CUT: The cutter jaw is made of very high quality, sharp and heavy duty steel. It cut all the cables cleanly. No more frayed cuts.
- HANDLE LOCK: Locking mechanism keeps jaws safely closed when not in use.
- GRIP HANDLE: It comes with grip handles for easier operating.
- ORDER NOW, WORRY FREE! We’re so confident about our product quality that we can provide 5-year warranty! Made in Taiwan.
Additional Info :
10. Muzata Bike Cable Cutter Wire Rope Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Aircraft Up to 5/32″ for Deck Stair Railing Seal Metal Housing Fencing with S-Buckles M015, CT1
- Ideal for stainless steel — This cable cutter works excellent in cutting up to 5/32″ cable of all kinds. It is widely used in industrial and home applications like cable railing, fencing, bike brakes, and other DIY projects. 10 pcs S-buckles are included
- Clean Cut — The blade of this wire rope cutter is quite sharp and durable since it is made of manganese steel and has been hardened by high-frequency quenching. This steel wire cable cutter can make exact and clean cuts without fraying or smashing the cable ends
- Safety — The safety lock prevents accidental opens and cuts that might hurt you. The ergonomic one-hand operation and lightweight design make it easy to use and carry. These S-buckles are used in putting in order brake cable and shift cable to maintain a clean and tidy look
- Why Choose Us — MUZATA is a leading cable railing manufacturer offering premium products at competitive prices. Over years of research, MUZATA products have been proven by markets to be high-quality, safe, and reliable.We strive to provide our global customers with the most professional one-stop-shop cable railing solutions, including FREE DESIGN and After-Sales services. Please reach us to get FREE DESIGN or After-Sales service
List of bicycle cable cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||Glarks 81Pcs Stainless Steel Bicycle Cable Cutter and Bike Brake Cable Shifter Cable with End Caps,...||
|2||Muzata Bike Cable Cutter Wire Rope Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Aircraft Up to 5/32" for Deck Stair...||
|3||Park Tool CN-10 Professional Cable and Housing Cutter||
|4||PRO BIKE TOOL Cable Cutters - Heavy Duty cable cutter for bicycle wire and cables||
|5||CyclingDeal Heavy Duty - Stainless Steel Cable Wire - Cutter Scissors Repair Tool - Bike Bicycle...||
|6||Pedro's Bicycle Cable Cutter, Black/Yellow||
|7||JCOLUSHI Bicycle Cable Cutter with Universal 1×3m Bike Brake Housing, 2×1.8m Brake Cable, 1×4m...||
|8||Cable Cutter, Heavy Duty Wire Rope Cutter for DIY Projects, Railing, Decking, Wire Seals & Bicycle...||
|9||Bikehand Heavy Duty - Stainless Steel Cable Wire - Cutter Scissors Repair Tool - Bike Bicycle Brake...||
|10||Bicycle Cable Cutter, Universal 4×5.9FT(1.8m) Brake Cable, 4×7.2FT(2.2m) Shift Cable, Replacement...||
How to Choose the Best bicycle cable cutter?
To help you pick the best bicycle cable cutter for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a bicycle cable cutter, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry bicycle cable cutter in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most bicycle cable cutter features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all bicycle cable cutter cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. bicycle cable cutters actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut bicycle cable cutter. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourbicycle cable cutter, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most bicycle cable cutter are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic bicycle cable cutter if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated bicycle cable cutter. Hydraulic bicycle cable cutter is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
bicycle cable cutter are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small bicycle cable cutter
Small bicycle cable cutter that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of bicycle cable cutter, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools bicycle cable cutter, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized bicycle cable cutter
Medium-sized bicycle cable cutter range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large bicycle cable cutter
Large bicycle cable cutter that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most bicycle cable cutter are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The bicycle cable cutter may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini bicycle cable cutter or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier bicycle cable cutter offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight bicycle cable cutter is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, bicycle cable cutters with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different bicycle cable cutter are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with heavy-duty jobcan be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the bicycle cable cutter from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The bicycle cable cutter needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various bicycle cable cutters that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right bicycle cable cutter simple.