A bix cutter is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty, have traditional wheels and ever-so-effective rocker blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material and then run the cutter on it. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
10 Best bix cutter Popular Models
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the bix cutter to grab the best one.
1. KATA 2-Pack Utility Knife, Heavy Duty Retractable and Folding Box Cutter for Cartons, Cardboard and Boxes with Blade Storage Design, Extra 10 Blades Included,Quick Change Blade
- 【ALUMINIUM ALLOY & TPR HANDLE】Ergonomical and rubbery handle allows for comfortable grip, great non-slip control and reducing hand fatigue all the time.Easy to carry as a pocket knife.
- 【2-PACK BOX CUTTERS DESIGN】Folding Fastback Flip Design and Utility Knife Retractable Design,meet almost all needs in Household or Working condition.Perfect for hobby, DIY projects, cardboard, carpet, Rope,boxes, wallpapers, vinyl, rubber, leather, PVC material and etc.
- 【BLADE STORAGE DESIGN】For easy and quick access. Extra 3 blades storage in the handle(Total of 16Pcs).Press the button on head and take down the old one, then open the plastic block on the back and take new one,quickly and easy.
- 【SAFE DESIGN】Both of them are box cutter utility knife.One blade folds in on itself and another is retractable,you can keep those around you safe.
- 【BONUS 10 BLADES】Total 10-piece Ultra Sharpness and Double Hardness Blade in storage, 3-piece for each for replacement.
Additional Info :
|Color||BLACK AND RED|
2. REXBETI 12-Pack Utility Knife, Retractable Box Cutter for Cartons, Cardboard and Boxes, 18mm Wider Razor Sharp Blade, Smooth Mechanism, Perfect for Office and Home use
- Pack of 12 razor-sharp utility knife. We recommend that you wear goggles when using.
- High-grade carbon steel blades stay sharp longer
- 18mm wider blade for deep and easy cutting
- Thickened hard plastic housing offers nice grip
- Smooth mechanism
Additional Info :
3. Internet’s Best Premium Utility Knife – Set of 2 – Retractable Razor Knife Set – Box Cutter
- Heavy Duty utility knife: Metal, durable design with rubber grip allows for a long lasting, extremely durable cuts and slices on boxes, plastic packaging, and straps. Includes 2 premium utility knives. Perfect box cutter knife
- Retractable & Adjustable Blade : Razor simply slides open for exact cuts. Blade easily retracts to lock safely within metal frame when finished using
- Quick Release: When razor needs to be replaced, simply extend the razor blade all the way, press the red button and remove the razor blade. Insert the new razor while pressing down the red button until secure
- Replacement Blades: Includes refill pouch containing 5 extra utility knife blades
- Dimensions: 1.5” Width x 6” Length. Set of 2 Utility Knives.
Additional Info :
|Color||2 pack – Black|
4. FantastiCAR Folding Utility Knife Gift Box Cutter Lightweight Plume Type Body with 5-Piece Extra Blades (Pink)
- [ Unique Design Cutter] Fancy Plume version of bright pink color for you with mavericks and strong characters. The entire body is made of aluminum and the surface is polished to ensure smoothness and friction to prevent hand slippage
- [ Quick Release ] Pull out the blade with the push of a button and easily replace the new sharp blade for various occasions such as outdoor, study, office and more
- [ Portable & Lightweight ] The folding size is only 4.1 inch and weighs only 4 oz. The rear buckle feature makes it easy to carry belts, pockets and kits
- [ High-Strength Razor Blades ] High-strength carbon steel SK5 blades keep sharp for a long time without bending. It can cut rope, fur, paper, plastic, water pipes, etc
- [ Pretty Gift Packaging ] We use multi-layer cardboard as the material for the outer packaging. The box is uniquely designed and sturdy and smooth, making it an ideal choice for holiday gifts
Additional Info :
5. Slice 10514 Mini Box Cutter, Package & Box Opener, Safe Ceramic Blade Retracts Automatically, Stays Sharp Up to 11x Longer, Right or Left Handed, Keychain, Magnetic
- Extremely hard ceramic maintains sharpness for consistently smooth cuts
- Finger-friendly edge helps keep your fingers safe during use
- Auto-retractable design retracts blade to prevent injuries from slips
- Key hole and magnet allow easy storage to stay within quick reach
- No-tool blade change allows quick, simple blade replacement
- Sport type: Indoor
Additional Info :
6. Pacific Handy Cutter Inc. HC100 Handy Box Cutter, Tap Open/Tap Close, 12 per Box, Assorted(Packaging may vary)
- Powder coated finish
- Easy To Use
- Replacement Blades Available, RB-009, Search: Pacific Handy Standard Single-Edged Industrial Razor Blades, Box of 100
Additional Info :
7. COSCO 091460 Jiffi-Cutter Compact Utility Knife w/Retractable Blade (Box of 12)
- Safe to use.
- Compact design fits great into your pocket.
- Box of 12.
- Blades are replaceable.
Additional Info :
8. Home Planet Box Cutter Retractable Utility Knife – Heavy Duty Box Cutter Knife Cardboard Cutter – Box Opener Razor Blades Utility Knife – Box Knife Carpet Cutter with 5 Sharp Blades
- Easy for Weak Hands – Our retractable box cutter has a non-slip handle and comfortable grip design so people of any age or hand strength can easily slice through boxes. The ergonomic TPR rubber grip gives you a heavy duty cardboard cutter that offers good control and saves your knuckles too
- Slice Through Any Problem – A multi-use box cutter utility knife your razor knife will easily cut through cardboard, carpet, drywall, rope, vinyl, leather or flooring. Use our multi purpose utility knife as a work knife, carton cutter, construction knife, cardboard cutter tool, carpet knife, box opener tool, carpet cutter tool or carton box opener
- Easily Change with Quick Release – Swapping or reversing box cutter blades takes 3 easy steps. Simply extend your cute box cutter blade, then press the red button on your pocket utility knife, and reverse the blade or grab a new one from our convenient blade storage in the handle of your cardboard knife
- Strong and Lightweight – Our safe box cutter and blades retractable set has a durable zinc-alloy body with 5 reversible SK5 steel blades. Lightweight, our heavy duty utility knife only weighs 0.59 pounds and measures 6.75 inches x 3 inches so it can easily slide in and out of your back pocket
- Lifetime Guarantee – At Home Planet Gear we stand by our products and offer a full refund warranty if you experience any issues with your HPG product. Simply contact HPG directly through the Amazon messaging system and we will be happy to assist you with any questions, issues or difficulties you encounter. 100% customer satisfaction is what we strive for at HPG
Additional Info :
9. Klever Innovations Cutter Stainless Steel Package Opener, Safety Utility Cutter Assorted Colors 5 pcs, KLEVER – 5/PACK MIX
- Easy To Use: Perfectly Opens Durable Seal. One Hand Klever Kutter Divide Small Box Easier Than Knife. Carton Cutter Is Used In Home, Office And Garage. Blade Cutter Is Curve Inside The Shape, That Make It Easy For Light And Box Cutter Heavy Duty
- Safety: Designed To Keep Your Fingers 100% Safe From Sharp. Box Cutter Blades Hidden Inside The Box Opener. Material Is Strong And Longlasting. Cutterknife Cuts Small Boxes. Package Cutter Simplifies Storaging Than Other Box Cutter Tool
- Package Includes 5 Cutters, Perfect Stocking Stuffer For Your Neighbors. Use Klever Knife In Every Season All Year Long. Cutter Knifes Pack Is Good For You And Your Friends. Mini Box Cutter Is Durable, So You Packed For A Long Time
- Helps To Cut Fast A Box Or Cable For Recycling. Mini Box Cutter Are Made From Stainless Steel, So Perfect For Every Box Openers. Cut Cardboards In Line Momently, Then Utilize. Safety Cutting For Adults. Klever Knifes Are Colorful To The Eye, Easy To Hands
Additional Info :
|Color||Stainless Steel,Assorted Colors|
10. REXBETI Box Cutter, Retractable Handy Box Opener for Packages Papers and Boxes, 10 per Box, Orange
- Easy to use and perfect for opening your gift packages during holiday or your moving boxes if you are moving
- Nice grip on the handle with the handy size
- Retractable Single Edge Razor Blades provide safe use
- Each box cutter with sharp carbon steel razor blades
- Unbeatable price with 10 per box, GREAT BUY
Additional Info :
List of bix cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||Slice - 10400 Box Cutter, 3 Position Manual Button with Ceramic Blade, Locking blade||
|2||KNIPEX BiX Cutters for plastic pipes and sealing sleeves Ø20-Ø50 mm, 90 22 10 BK||
|3||Internet's Best Premium Utility Knife - Set of 2 - Retractable Razor Knife Set - Box Cutter||
|4||REXBETI 12-Pack Utility Knife, Retractable Box Cutter for Cartons, Cardboard and Boxes, 18mm Wider...||
|5||DIYSELF 2Pack Utility Knife Box Cutter Retractable Blade Heavy Duty(Red)||
|6||Pacific Handy Cutter S5R Safety Cutter, Right Handed Retractable Utility Knife & Ergonomic Film...||
|7||KATA 2-Pack Utility Knife, Heavy Duty Retractable and Folding Box Cutter for Cartons, Cardboard and...||
|8||8Pack Utility Knife Box Cutters(9MM Wide Blade Cutter 4 Colors) Utility Knife Retractable, Compact,...||
|9||HORUSDY 4-Pack Box Cutter Utility Knife, Heavy Duty Aluminum Shell Retractable Box Cutter for...||
|10||HORUSDY 4-Pack Folding Utility Knife, Box Cutter for Cardboard, Boxes and Cartons, Extra 10pcs SK5...||
How to Choose the Best bix cutter?
To help you pick the best bix cutter for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a bix cutter, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry bix cutter in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most bix cutter features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all bix cutter cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. bix cutters actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut bix cutter. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourbix cutter, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most bix cutter are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic bix cutter if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated bix cutter. Hydraulic bix cutter is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
bix cutter are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small bix cutter
Small bix cutter that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of bix cutter, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools bix cutter, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized bix cutter
Medium-sized bix cutter range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large bix cutter
Large bix cutter that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most bix cutter are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The bix cutter may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini bix cutter or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier bix cutter offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight bix cutter is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, bix cutters with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different bix cutter are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with a heavy-duty job can be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the bix cutter from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The bix cutter needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various bix cutters that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right bix cutter simple.