A boxcutter blade is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty, have traditional wheels and ever-so-effective rocker blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material and then run the cutter on it. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
Top 10 Best boxcutter blade: Our Picks
1. Bates- Utility Knife Blades, 40 Pack, Box Cutter Blades, Razor Blades Utility Knife, Razor Knife Blades, Replacement Blades, Razor Blades for Box Cutters, Box Razor Blades, Box Cutter Blades Refills.
- Bates package includes 40 durable Utility Knife Blades
- The blades fit most standard utility knives
- Multipurpose Utility Knife Blades Are Perfect For cutting drywall, insulation, flooring, roofing, and more
- Made from Heavy Duty Premium steel, 2x sharper and harder compare with other brands
- Precision-honed edge is ideal for stable and extended cutting life
2. Utility Knife Blades Ten Pack for Box Cutter Blades Refills – 10 Heavy Duty SK5 High Carbon Steel Utility Blade in Convenient Storage Box – Standard 61mm x 19mm Fits Most Cutters & Knives
Additional Info :
3. Internet’s Best Classic Utility Knife – Set of 2 – Retractable Razor Knife Set – Extra Blade Refills – Box Cutter Locking Razor Knife – Full Metal Body
- Heavy duty utility knife: Full metal, durable design allows for a long lasting, extremely durable cuts and slices on boxes, plastic packaging, and straps. Perfect box cutter utensil
- Retractable and adjustable blade: The razor simply slides open to 3 different blade lengths for exact cuts. Blade easily retracts to lock safely within metal frame when finished using
- Set of 2: Includes 2 utility knives
- Replacement blades: Includes a refill pouch containing 5 extra blades
Additional Info :
|Color||2 pack – Silver|
4. WORKPRO Folding Utility Knife, Quick Change Blades Box Cutter, 3-Pack EDC Foldable Pocket Utility Knife Sets with Belt Clip
- One-handed Flip Design: The button lock facilitates the smooth opening of the foldable utility knife with one hand, and safely locks the pocket knife in place when in use, preventing it from accidentally opening or retracting.
- Quick Blade Change Mechanism: Pull out the blade with the push-up of a button and easily replace the new sharp blade with your hand, no need for a screwdriver or any other tools for disassembling. One more big plus is that it can accommodate all standard or pro-grade utility knife blades.
- Compact & Lightweight: WORKPRO small pocket utility knife with belt clip, lighter and smaller than most utility knives, only 1.87oz, 3-inch long when it is closed. This fold box cutter fits perfectly in a small pocket of pants or bag and allows you to carry it wherever you go.
- Durable & Sturdy: The sandblasting process ensures a smooth surface of the box cutter, effectively prevents rust, and extends its use. Utility knives’ thin and smooth bodies give the knife a shiny appearance and comfortable grip. (The darker surface luster of the Utility Knife is the newest special surface treatment, not a used product)
- Great Versatility: WORKPRO 3-PACK Folding Utility Knives are very suitable for cutting through paper, carpet, plastic, cartons, cloth, bags, linoleum, leather, rope, PVC, and most DIY projects. And it’s a great addition to your EDC, car, backpack, etc.
Additional Info :
5. KATA 2-Pack Utility Knife, Heavy Duty Retractable and Folding Box Cutter for Cartons, Cardboard and Boxes with Blade Storage Design, Extra 10 Blades Included,Quick Change Blade
- 【ALUMINIUM ALLOY & TPR HANDLE】Ergonomical and rubbery handle allows for comfortable grip, great non-slip control and reducing hand fatigue all the time.Easy to carry as a pocket knife.
- 【2-PACK BOX CUTTERS DESIGN】Folding Fastback Flip Design and Utility Knife Retractable Design,meet almost all needs in Household or Working condition.Perfect for hobby, DIY projects, cardboard, carpet, Rope,boxes, wallpapers, vinyl, rubber, leather, PVC material and etc.
- 【BLADE STORAGE DESIGN】For easy and quick access. Extra 3 blades storage in the handle(Total of 16Pcs).Press the button on head and take down the old one, then open the plastic block on the back and take new one,quickly and easy.
- 【SAFE DESIGN】Both of them are box cutter utility knife.One blade folds in on itself and another is retractable,you can keep those around you safe.
- 【BONUS 10 BLADES】Total 10-piece Ultra Sharpness and Double Hardness Blade in storage, 3-piece for each for replacement.
Additional Info :
|Color||BLACK AND RED|
6. ENTAI 4-Pack Utility Knife, Retractable Box Cutter for Cardboard, Boxes and Cartons, Solid Aluminum Shell with Non-slip Rubbery Handle, with Extra 14pc SK5 Blades
- Heavy duty aluminum shell and thicker soft rubbery handle offers strong grip when doing cutting jobs
- Ultra sharpness and double hardness blade, Perfect for hobby, projects, cardboard, carpet, Rope,boxes, wallpapers, vinyl, rubber, leather and etc
- Comes with 4-pack (Black/Blue/Red/Yellow) utility knife
- Extra 14-piece SK5 blades included
- Retractable and Quick-change blade mechanism
Additional Info :
7. XFasten 12-Pack Retractable Box Cutter with Safety Scraper Bulk Cardboard and Carton Mini Box Cutter Blades Pack | Pocket-Sized and Wiggling-proof Box Opener for Cutting and Scraping
- INDUSTRIAL CHROMIUM-VANADIUM STEEL retractable box cutter that’s both compact and lightweight for everyday pocket carry. This small box cutter sports a thin profile that cuts through cardboard boxes and plastic with maximum precision and without much resistance.
- CUTS THROUGH BOXES LIKE BUTTER. Our box opener blades are made of chromium-vanadium steel that went through stringent laboratory-controlled heat tempering and quenching methods, hence granting these metal box cutters pack just the right toughness to cut through cardboard and plastic easily all while resisting getting dull or breaking.
- ARTISAN-GRADE CRAFTSMANSHIP. The mini retractable box cutter’s casing snuggly fits the blade preventing it from wiggling while cutting, ensuring a stable and safe cut. Its blade can also be RECONFIGURED AS A SCRAPER to remove paint and sticker residue. This box cutter with scraper can remove paint, sticker, and open sealed packages.
- DESIGNED FOR FAST-PACED OPERATION. With a featherweight and thin body profile, it can be stored easily on your toolbox, workbench or keychain. It can be easily retracted, stored and taken out- making perfect for FAST-PACED UNPACKING WHILE MANTAINING OVERALL SAFETY.
- MANUFACTURED WITH SAFETY IN MIND. The fit and finish of these bulk carton box cutter blades are designed for enterprise pros that need to cut and pack hundreds of boxes on their department per day. These are straightforward and easy to use and their secure casing prevents you from cutting yourself, especially on long days of cutting and unpacking boxes.
- CAN BE CONFIGURED INTO SCRAPERS. The XFasten Box Cutter Pack comes with 12 mini box cutters that are pocket sized. They can be configured into a scraper, for scraping windows, tiles, boxes, concrete and walls from stickers or paint residue.
Additional Info :
8. FC Folding Pocket Utility Knife – Heavy Duty Box Cutter with Holster, Quick Change Blades, Lock-Back Design, and Lightweight Aluminum Body
- Sleek, lightweight anodized aluminum design with anti-slip grip. Handle doubles as pocket or money clip
- Heavy-duty carbon steel blades stay sharp longer. Convenient folding with the press of a button.
- Lock-back design safely locks the blade in place when in use
- Quick-change mechanism for easy blade removal | Accepts standard size utility blades.
- Includes a knife holster and 5 extra replacement blades
Additional Info :
|Color||Red, Black, Silver|
9. Slice 10515 Mini Box Cutter, Ceramic Blade Locks Into Position, Right or Left Handed Mini Cutter, Keychain Box Opener, Magnetic, 1 Mini Cutter – Blade Stays In Position
- Mini Size = Fits in your Palm! Perfect cutter that sticks in your fridge, and cuts through all of your everyday packaging/slicing needs. Ideal for Unboxing. Cuts Right or Left Handed!
- New Manual Blade Stays in Place! For those looking for a blade that will stay in one position for repeated cuts, choose the manual version
- Includes one double-sided Slice ceramic blade – Stays sharp up to 11X longer than steel and never rusts
- Easy “no tool” blade change and convenient lanyard/key-ring hole fits to on keychain – Less blade means reduced injuries
- Ceramic Blade Protrudes 1/4″ – Designed primarily for cutting corrugated packaging, foam, vinyl, boxes, etc. To cut paper & thinner items: Use Pointed Blades 10408 or 00100 Safety Cutter
Additional Info :
|Color||Blade Locks in|
10. COSCO 091524 Box Cutter Knife w/Shielded Blade, Black/Blue
- Easycut Self Retracting cutter
- Box cutter knife with shielded blade.
- Safety-tipped blade
- Blade storage compartment
- Retractable edge guides
Additional Info :
List of boxcutter blade: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||KATA 2-Pack Utility Knife, Heavy Duty Retractable and Folding Box Cutter for Cartons, Cardboard and...||
|2||Slice - 10400 Box Cutter, 3 Position Manual Button with Ceramic Blade, Locking blade||
|3||XFasten 12-Pack Retractable Box Cutter with Safety Scraper Bulk Cardboard and Carton Mini Box Cutter...||
|4||WORKPRO Folding Utility Knife, Quick Change Blades Box Cutter, 3-Pack EDC Foldable Pocket Utility...||
|5||Bates- Utility Knife Blades, 40 Pack, Box Cutter Blades, Razor Blades Utility Knife, Razor Knife...||
|6||ENTAI Box Cutter, 4-Pack Retractable Utility Knife for Cardboard, Boxes and Cartons, Solid Aluminum...||
|7||REXBETI 2-Pack Utility Knife, SK5 Heavy Duty Retractable Box Cutter for Cartons, Cardboard and...||
|8||Internet's Best Classic Utility Knife - Set of 2 - Retractable Razor Knife Set - Extra Blade Refills...||
|9||Slice 10515 Mini Box Cutter, Ceramic Blade Locks Into Position, Right or Left Handed Mini Cutter,...||
|10||Box Cutter Retractable Utility Knife - Heavy Duty Box Cutter Knife Cardboard Cutter - Box Opener...||
How to Choose the Best boxcutter blade?
To help you pick the best boxcutter blade for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a boxcutter blade, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry boxcutter blade in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most boxcutter blade features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all boxcutter blade cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. boxcutter blades actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut boxcutter blade. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourboxcutter blade, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most boxcutter blade are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic boxcutter blade if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated boxcutter blade. Hydraulic boxcutter blade is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
boxcutter blade are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small boxcutter blade
Small boxcutter blade that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of boxcutter blade, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools boxcutter blade, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized boxcutter blade
Medium-sized boxcutter blade range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large boxcutter blade
Large boxcutter blade that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most boxcutter blade are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The boxcutter blade may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini boxcutter blade or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier boxcutter blade offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight boxcutter blade is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, boxcutter blades with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different boxcutter blade are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with heavy-duty jobcan be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the boxcutter blade from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The boxcutter blade needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various boxcutter blades that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right boxcutter blade simple.