Choosing the right cardboard cutter can make all the difference. Whether you’re looking for a precise and effective carving tool or need to cut any materials, have a look through our range of cutters to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Here we review the best cardboard cutter, so you can choose the right cutter for any kind of your work.
List of 10 Best cardboard cutter: Tested by Experts
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the cardboard cutter to grab the best one.
1. Makita PC01R3 12V max CXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Multi-Cutter Kit (2.0Ah)
- Capable of cutting single wall corrugated cardboard, tufted carpet up to ¼” thick, thin leather, rubber up to 1/8” thick, and plastics up to 1/16″
- Self-sharpening blade feature ensures maximum cutting efficiency
- Built-in sight line for precise cutting
- Weighs only 1.6 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 10-3/4″ long
Additional Info :
2. CANARY Corrugated Cardboard Cutter Dan Chan, Safety Box Cutter Knife [Non-Stick Fluorine Coating Blade], Made in JAPAN, Yellow (DC-190F-1)
- [QUALITY & DESIGN PERFECTION MADE IN JAPAN!] It is an elite 7.48″ Japanese Corrugated Cardboard cutter featuring a 2.95″ double Stainless Steel serrated blade with NONSTICK coating that prevents the adhesive tape from sticking on the blade surface. In this way, your package opening becomes a fast, ULTRA efficient task.
- [STURDY, LONG-LASTING UTILITY KNIFE!] The lifelong Stainless Steel manufacture of the box cutter blades and the strong Polypropylene resin handle make this packaging tool a keeper. The blade is securely attached to the fluorine yellow handle, making a heavy-duty cardboard cutter with guaranteed longevity.
- [GREAT FOR USE AT HOME, WORK & SCHOOL!] The EXTRA sharp blade of this premium box cutter will slice through the thickest cardboard in no time and with ZERO effort. And the microfine teeth make it SAFE, even for little hands. It is a multipurpose utility box cutter, for home, the workplace & the classroom.
- [STUNNING GIFTING IDEA!] Offer this Great utility knife to a loved professional, student, art & crafts or DIY enthusiast and add convenience to their tasks! Show your care with the ultimate gift on all occasions! Sturdy, multifunction and modern, this packaging tool by CANARY brand will put a wide smile on their face!
- [OFFICIAL ENGLISH INSTRUCTION IS INCLUDED!] We take great pride in our Japanese box cutter tool and we know you’ll LOVE it. Official English instruction is included. Product Information: Overall Length 7.48″ / Blade Length 2.95″ / Weight 0.7 oz.
Additional Info :
3. SKIL PWRCore 12 12V Multi-Cutter, Tool Only – ES4651A-00
- 1/4” CUTTING CAPACITY – Cuts a variety of materials like cardboard, carpet, leather, or vinyl
- SELF-SHARPENING BLADE – Provides more precise and efficient cutting
- COMPACT SIZE – Lightweight and ergonomic handle design reduces user fatigue
- LOCK-OFF SWITCH – Prevents accidental startups
- Compatible with all SKIL 12V Batteries
- Cutting Speed: 300 RPM; Blade Size: 1 9/16 (40mm)
Additional Info :
4. IDL Packaging AC-110 Portable Cutter for Cardboard Edge Protectors up to 4″ x 4″ x 0.4″ Size – Heavy Duty Tool for V-Board Cardboard Corners of Various Length – Stationary or Fully Portable Use
- GUILLOTINE PRINCIPLE AND SAFETY SHIELDS: Portable Cutter AC-110 cuts cardboard edge protection corners up to 4” x 4“ and 0.4” thick. It works on the guillotine principle and weights 20 lbs. Safety shields on both sides protect the fingers from accidents
- CUSTOM LENGTH CREATION: The cardboard edge protector cutter is perfect for cutting the exact length of cardboard corners needed. Recommended for safe, quick, and simple packaging
- STATIONARY OR PORTABLE USE: AC-110 Portable Cutter is a heavy duty device made from durable steel. Provides reliable service for years. Good for stationary or portable use
- SAFETY LOCKER: Simple but sturdy design with the ergonomic handle and easy blade replacement. Has a safety pin to lock the cutter handle in place when not in use
- REPLACEMENT BLADES: Replacement blades for AC-110 are available. Please search for ASIN B08G5DNLF3 on Amazon
- ABOUT IDL PACKAGING: Responsible and considerate approach to all customer needs is the key principle of our service. We value our customers and only offer packaging products that are carefully chosen and approved by our packaging experts. We actually use these products ourselves when packaging and fulfilling orders!
Additional Info :
5. CANARY Corrugated Cardboard Scissors, Heavy Dudy Craft Scissors Japanese Stainless Steel Blade, Made in JAPAN, Blue (PS-6500H)
- [BEST CORRUGATED CARDBOARD SCISSORS EVER] The scissors is specialized in cutting cardboard box, packing box. Useful tool not only for opening and dismantling the cardboard but also for crafting, artwork, and industrial work.
- [PRODUCT SIZE] L×W×H: 8.464″ × 0.393″ × 3.858″ / Weight: 0.286 lbs / Blade length: 2.047″
- [PRODUCT MATERIAL] Blade: Stainless steel / Handle: ABS plastic. High quality Japanese stainless steel is used.
- [JAPANESE QUALITY] Made in Japan / All item is hand made by professional Japanese craftsmen.
- [OFFICIAL ENGLISH INSTRUCTION] Come with CANARY official English instruction. Easy to use.
Additional Info :
6. VLOXO Cordless Electric Scissors, Rotary Cutter for Fabric with Safety Lock, 4.2V Cardboard Cutter Multi-Cutting Tools, Rechargeable Powerful Fabric Cutter for Carpet Leather Felt with Storage Box
- [STRONG ELECTRIC SCISSORS]： VLOXO electric rotary fabric cutter has 240RPM cutting speed and 1/4” cutting capacity. Compared with manual scissors, cordless electric scissors are more powerful and strong. The electric cutters allow you to cut harder materials with less pulling force, saving your time and energy. You can cut cardboard, leather, plastic mats, carpets, felts, etc. effortlessly. It is a great working tool for handicrafts and manual work.
- [BLADE STAYS SHARP]： This rotary cloth cutter is equipped with an automatic sharpening system, which keeps the edges of the octagonal blades sharp at all times. To ensure your every cut is precise and smooth, please always keep the area around the blade guard clean. Remove dust and chips by blowing them out with compressed air or with a brush.
- [SAFETY LOCK-OFF & POWERFUL]：The rechargeable multi-purpose scissors are equipped with a safety lock switch, both the trigger and the lock-out switch need to be pressed to make it operate, which can effectively avoid accidental start of electric scissors. After the scissors are started, the hand holding the safety switch can be released. Safer to use, cutting your time and energy.
- [COMPACT SIZE & LIGHTWEIGHT]：The handle of these mini electric scissors is ergonomically designed to allow both left-handed and right-handed users to complete the cutting work smoothly.It weighs less than 1 pound and measures less than 9″ long, making it very easy to store and carry with the storage box.
- [WARRANTY]：The electric scissor set contains (1)4.2V electric scissor unit (2)USB Cable (3)Storage case. We provide 12 months warranty and friendly 24 hours customer service. If any question, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Additional Info :
7. CANARY Corrugated Cardboard Cutter Dan Chan, Safety Box Cutter Knife [Non-Stick Fluorine Coating Blade], Made in JAPAN, Yellow (DC-190F-1) (Bulk 5 pcs)
Additional Info :
8. Mophorn Electric Paper Cutter 450mm 17.7 Inch Paper Cutter Guillotine Numerical Control Automatic Digital
- Product Parameter: Max. Cutting Size:18 inch (450 mm), Min. Cutting Size: 2 inch(50 mm), Cutting thickness:1.6 inch(40 mm), Cutting Precision:±0.02 inch(±0.5 mm).
- Premium Quality: The electric paper cutter mainly adopts metal structure, sturdy and durable. The blade uses the sharp, thickened steel knife with fast cutting speed and high efficiency.
- Smart LCD Display: LCD display brings intelligent control and digital operation. The integrated control panel designs the comfortable keys for easy and convenient operation.
- Infrared Light Positioning:Enclosed infrared light baffles are designed on both sides of the paper cutter guillotine. The positioning of infrared light makes the paper cutting more intuitive and accurate and provides more secure and reliable operation.
- Multiple Application: This electric guillotine paper cutter is ideal for cutting paper, coupon, label, cardstock, etc. For both commercial & professional use in the office, laboratory, industry, etc.
Additional Info :
9. CANARY Cardboard Cutter with Sheath 7.5″ Safety Box Cutter / Box Opener Tool for Cutting, Opening, Breaking Down, Crafting, Non-Stick Teflon Fluorine Coating Blade, Yellow, Made in JAPAN
- [Japanese Versatile Box Cutter Knife] CANARY cardboard cutter is the ultimate box cutter tool for cutting cardboard smoothly. The unique serrated blade is made of quality Japanese stainless steel and can easily cut cardboard, packing tape, stretch wraps, shrink wraps, and bandings. It is an ideal tool for opening luggage for your daily online shopping, cardboard cutouts, cardboard craft, moving, and professional warehouse work.
- [Safe Blade Cover] Since it is small and has a blade cap, it is convenient to store or carry in your pocket. As the blade tip is rounded and has micro saw teeth specialized for cutting corrugated cardboard, it is safer than a general utility knife: It is designed not to get injured easily by touching the blade edge. * Be sure to wear a sheath when not in use, as running the blade may cause injury.
- [Non-Stick Teflon Finished Blade] The black blade has a high-grade fluorine coating. Even if you cut the duct tape and packing tape, the sticky does not stick to the blade, and the sharpness is maintained, so box opening work becomes easy and fun. When sticky material adheres to the blade, you can easily wipe it off.
- [Lightweight BUT Heavy Duty] The blade uses heavy-duty Japanese stainless steel. Since it is a fixed blade integrated with the handle firmly, there is no need to worry about applying strong force, and it prevents foreign matter (like blade cracks) from remaining in the box. Although it is a small and light hand tool, it can also break down a large amount of cardboard.
- [PRODUCT INFORMATION] Blade: Japanese Stainless Steel (Non-Stick Black Fluorine Coated) / Handle: PP / Overall Length 7.5″ / Blade Length 3″ / Weight 0.8 oz.
Additional Info :
|Color||Yellow 1 Pc|
10. stedi 10-Inch Scissor Heavy Duty, All Purpose Scissors, Cardboard and Carpet Shears, TPR Handle, Extremely Sharp Blades with Finely Serrated -Easy Cutting Thick Paper, Leather, Sewing Fabric
- STRONG & DURABLE 420 STAINLESS STEEL – Stedi JD-11 multipurpose shears for cutting Cardboard and Carpet is made of 420 stainless steel, which is high hardness, wear resistance and corrosion resistance, that makes it have excellent performance easy to cut thick paper, corrugated cardboard, leather, and other thick stuff, At the same time, the spring also helps with the amount of pressure needed to use the cutters.
- SHARP BLADES WITH FINELY SERRATED – The blades of this JD-11 heavy duty scissor are hardened at high temperature, 45 degree angle and finely serrated design make the task of cutting up cardboard go easier and quicker, the most important thing is that the finely serrated blades can make the cut going in a straight line and leave a smooth and precise cut, work efficiently and conveniently.
- ADJUSTABLE-RANGE DESIGN – The curve-blade design scissor have different range to choose, simply adjust the switch to change the size of the shear range so that it can be more steady and labor-saving during use, In addition, the design of the groove can be used to cut copper wires, very suitable for household, office and outdoors in our daily life.
- TPR SOFT HANDLE & SAFETY LOCK – The ergonomically designed handle is wrapped with a non-slip sleeve made of TPR material, providing you with a more comfortable grip, soft handle design is also very suitable for long hours of work, After use, the lock can be buckled to reduce space occupation and prevent accidental injury by sharp edges.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – Please check the package content as you received the product. At STEDI, we focus on product quality and value the shopping experience of our customers highly. Every product purchased from us comes with a 24/7 friendly customer service. Whenever you have a question, please feel free to contact us!
Additional Info :
List of cardboard cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||CANARY Corrugated Cardboard Cutter Dan Chan, Safety Box Cutter Knife [Non-Stick Fluorine Coating...||
|2||CANARY Corrugated Cardboard Scissors, Heavy Dudy Craft Scissors Japanese Stainless Steel Blade, Made...||
|3||BLACK+DECKER 4V MAX Rotary Cutter, Cordless, USB Rechargeable (BCRC115FF)||
|4||CANARY Corrugated Cardboard Cutter Dan Chan, Safety Box Cutter Knife [Non-Stick Fluorine Coating...||
|5||SKIL PWR CORE 12 12V Compact Multi-Cutter For Cardboard, Carpet, Cloth and Leather, Battery and...||
|6||CANARY Cardboard Cutter with Sheath 7.5" Safety Box Cutter / Box Opener Tool for Cutting, Opening,...||
|7||Safety Box Cutter ,Utility Knife , Corrugated Cardboard Cutter with Ergonomic ,Finger Loop Grip...||
|8||Fstcrt Cordless Electric Scissors,Electric Cutter,Cloth and Cardboard Cutter, Carpet Cutter...||
|9||Makita PC01R3 12V max CXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Multi-Cutter Kit (2.0Ah)||
|10||VLOXO Cordless Electric Scissors, Rotary Cutter for Fabric with Safety Lock, 4.2V Cardboard Cutter...||
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Manual cardboard cutter
The Best Manual cardboard cutter saves time compared to wet saws. They’re simple to use and produce faultless results. Not all manual cardboard cutterare effective. This section explains how to choose the best manual tile cutter.
“cardboard cutter” is a misnomer. Manual tools score and snap tiles rather than cut them. Small, pointed wheels scratch the tile’s surface, creating the perfect location for a clean snap.
Wheel material affects tool performance. Tungsten carbide-tipped wheels endure longer than steel wheels while scoring tiles. Even if you’re only cutting materials for one job, utilizing the same wheel ensures accuracy.
cardboard cutter beds are also crucial. There are some specific characteristics that can improve the usability of your manual cardboard cutter.
cardboard cutter have central ridges. Best manual tile cutters have foam or rubber on either side of the ridge. This foam or rubber creates a nonslip surface that keeps tiles in place while scoring or snapping, improving accuracy and reducing waste.
Foam or rubber supports the tile while absorbing snapping pressure. Without giving, you couldn’t snap tiles cleanly.
You may not notice the characteristics and differences in the bases of different manuals cardboard cutter. Larger tiles benefit from rubber feet and foldable sidebars.
It’s hard to provide continuous downward pressure while scoring larger tiles. On flat surfaces, a tile cutter without rubber feet can skid. It’s irritating and superficial.
Folding base sidebars support wide tiles and give stability when scoring and snapping. Cutting a wide tile off to one side creates uneven leverage. Sidebars allow for a more accurate, less uncomfortable cut.
Horizontal and angle rulers
Many of the greatest manual cardboard cutter have built-in measurement instruments to speed up, improve, and maintain accuracy. These features allow repetitive cutting without measuring.
Best cardboard cutterhave built-in horizontal rulers for trimming tiles. Some rulers extend to measure tiles that overhang the base.
Angle guidelines are convenient and consistent. Once you know the angle to cut, locate and lock the adjustable guides. You can register the tile against the guide to score and snap accurately.
How To Replace cardboard cutter Blade?
Nearly every warehouse has a cutter, often known as a cardboard cutter. These knives, which have a short blade and a compact design, may easily cut open cardboard boxes and take off packaging tape and other shipping-related wrappings. Box cutters are frequently built of extremely durable plastic or metal due to the trauma they endure.
cardboard cutter are often viewed as disposable by warehouse workers. Workers in the warehouse will often start looking for a new one as soon as the blades begin to wear out. Fortunately, your organization doesn’t have to continually spend money on new box cutter purchases each week. Simply replacing the blade is a straightforward fix. The best thing, though? They frequently include bonuses!
Opening The cardboard cutter
Finding out how a box cutter opens is the first step in replacing the blade. In our example, we only need to remove one side screw with a Phillips head screwdriver. Simply take the top off after removing the screw to divide the knife in half.
The actual number of parts in our cardboard cutter is just five. The handle, screw, blade, housing for the blade, and a pack of extra blades. We can remove the blade and blade housing from the knife after the blade has been opened.
When you get to this stage, be careful to pay attention to how the knife is positioned in the housing. Once you’ve taken note of this, you can remove the knife from the housing and properly dispose of it.
The spare blades are often contained in a little pack. They frequently arrive in sets of three to five. You should carefully take these blades out of the knife. To avoid getting sliced, locate the
extra blades in the cardboard cutter handle. Next, unwrap the blades and take one out of the box. Put the other blades back into the handle once the new one is out.
Next, insert the new blade into the housing in the same manner you did with the old one. This knife’s blades have a two-notch system that must be properly reinstalled into the housing. This gives the blade a wonderful, secure hold.
Putting The cardboard cutter Back Together
We should now begin putting the cardboard cutter back together. Reinstall the blade and housing in the handle, check that the extra blades are correctly placed, and then reattach the handle’s top to its base. Your cardboard cutter will then be in like-new condition when you tighten the screw back into place.
When reinstalling the screw, make sure you tighten it just enough to hold it in place. Overtightening the screw will compress the handle and impede the movement of the blades in the handle. To prevent this, tighten it and then test it by repeatedly opening and closing the cardboard cutter to ensure that it is at a comfortable resistance.
3 Features of a cardboard cutter
The following characteristics are necessary for a heavy-duty cardboard cutter. Don’t buy it if even one component is missing. If you choose a less expensive model made of plastic or with a snap-off blade, it is not worth it because you will wind up spending more money replacing it more frequently.
Finger notch and grip
A handle that is comfortable for your fingers will have a deep notch that will stop your finger from creeping up near the blade as you cut. To prevent your hand from slipping while squeezing through tight materials, it should also feature a secure and non-slip grip.
Spend a little more money to purchase a tool with a metal body because cardboard cutter with a plastic body won’t be able to survive continuous use on the job site.
Easy blade change
Frequently, standard box cutters don’t have changeable blades and need a screwdriver to do so. When your cardboard cutter blade becomes dull, you can easily replace it using a thumbscrew or finger release instead of searching for a screwdriver. To ensure that you always have extra blades on hand for quick swaps, look for a cardboard cutter with a blade storage system.
Ergonomics is a top consideration in our design process. We always look for new ways to make our tools more comfortable and easier to use. This helps cut down on fatigue and reduces overuse injuries. It’s also why several of our tools look different from anything else you’ve ever seen.
Tool-Free Blade Changes
When you need to change a blade, you don’t need another tool to get the job done. You change blades less frequently because our blades last longer, and you change them easily.