A flexible conduit cutter is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty, have traditional wheels and ever-so-effective rocker blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material and then run the cutter on it. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
Top 10 Best flexible conduit cutter in 2022
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the flexible conduit cutter to grab the best one.
1. Klein Tools 53725 BX Cable Cutter and Armored Cable Cutter, Cut Flexible Conduit and Armored Cables, with Storage for Extra Blades
- Cable Cutter easily cuts armored cable up to 3/8-Inch (9.5 mm) diameter: BX, AC, MC, MCAP and Greenfield, with a couple of turns of the handle
- Sharp cutting blade eliminates burrs
- Depth of cut adjusts between standard MC and reduced diameter MC to prevent cable nicks
- Comes with one blade stored in handle for convenience
- Holds up to six replacement blades in handle
- Use with Klein Tools replacement blade Cat. No. 53726SEN
Additional Info :
2. Southwire Tools RF-120A Seatek Greenfield Roto-Flex 1/2-3/4
- FUNCTION & COMPATIBILITY: Works on the same principle as the roto-split “super” but accepts 1/2″ and 3/4″ Trade size flex and large size Mc/AC/Bx from 2/4 to 4/2.
- TIME SAVING DESIGN: Rf-120a requires no adjustment after initial setting – the patented quick Clamp lever does it all.
- ERGONOMICAL: Self-tightening blade system and ergonomic crank handle with offset for maximum hand clearance.
- CONVENIENT DESIGN: Blade storage cartridge in knob with storage for 6 blades.
- LONG LASTING DURABILITY: Die cast epoxy-enamel body 100% made in America.
Additional Info :
3. Southwire Seatek American Made RS-101AC Automatic Roto-Split
- MADE IN AMERICA
- Southwire roto split allows you to safely cut any type of armored cable by automatically adjusting to the cable diameter
- Perfect tool for any electrician working with MC Cable
- Make cuts quickly and easily in tight quarters
- Quickly change the blade with an adjustable wrench thanks to an accessible; easy to remove hex nut; Self-tightening blade system and ergonomic crank handle with offset for maximum hand clearance; Convenient storage cartridge in knob with room for 6 blades
Additional Info :
4. TEMCo TH3030 Dual Size Conduit Offset Bender 2 in 1 – both ½“& ¾” EMT
- TH3030 is 2 offset benders in 1 tool. Electrical Box Offsets can be made in both ½” and ¾” EMT with this one tool – NO NEED to buy more than one unit to bend both sizes.
- TH3030 easily makes quick accurate offset bends with one motion of the bender. The quality bend allows for improved connections to the electrical box and reduces time in bending offsets by eliminating the double bend with a hand bender.
- NO TOOLS REQUIRED to change bender from ½” to ¾” – Die change from ½” to ¾” can be made in less than 1 Minute. Dies are configured to assemble so that there is no possibility to mix up sizes.
- Light weight aluminum construction reduces weight to allow ease of use and movement at the job site while maintaining a quality tool producing quality repeatable bends.
- High Quality, Easy to use offset bender for the professional, industrial application or the Do It Yourselfer with TEMCo’s 1 year guaranteed full refund and 5 Year Warranty
5. Southwire 58282240 MCCUT BX/MC Rotary Cable Cutter with Lever
- QUICKLY SPLITS: the armored jacket on #10, 12, and 14 armored cables and 3/8″ flexible conduit
- ADJUSTABLE: cutting depth for standard and reduce diameter box/mic cables
- STORES: up to 6 blades in handle knob
- DURABLE DIE CAST EPOXY: enamled construction
- EASILY HANDLES: all common BX, MC and FLEX cables. Securely holds cables in place and releases quickly.Included Components: Tools & Accessories
Additional Info :
6. Southwire Tools RF-170 Seatek Giant Roto-Flex, 1/2″ – 1-1/2″
- HOW IT WORKS: The RF-170 has a patented sliding top with three cutting positions to cut across the convolutions of large diameter cables.
- FASTER AND ACCURATE: Able to make accurate cuts in tight quarters with the simple ratcheting mechanism that moves the handle back and forth when in a tight spot.
- TYPE OF CABLES: The cable cutter channel accepts cable from 0.82″ to 1.82″ diameter to cut cable from 4/2 to 2/4 mc and 1/2″ to 1-1/2″ trade size flex.
- ERGONOMIC: The cable cutter features a self-tightening blade system and ergonomic crank handle with offset for maximum hand clearance and safe operation.
- DURABLE DESIGN: Die cast epoxy-enameled body with a blade storage cartridge in knob with storage for up to 6 blades. 100% Made in America!
Additional Info :
7. Milwaukee 2471-20 M12 Cordless Lithium Ion 500 RPM Copper Pipe and Tubing Cutter Adjustable from 3/8″ to 1â€ Diameters (Battery Not Included, Power Tool Only)
- AUTOMATIC ADJUSTMENT: Wrap this around type K, L, and M copper pipes and it will adjust from between 3/8″ and 1” automatically
- WATER RESISTANT: The head of the unit is sealed tightly to prevent water from leaking in and damaging the motor. Ideal for plumbing applications
- HIGH POWERED MOTOR works at up to 500 RPM, letting you work up to 10 times faster than standard hand-operated pipe cutters or saws
- LOW CLEARANCE: You can use this with piping that is as little as 1 1/2“ away from a wall without risk of damage to the tool or pipe
- RED LITHIUM COMPATIBLE: This tool will function with the batteries in the Milwaukee M12 lineup. These include the 48-59-1201, 48-11-1970, 48-11-2401, 48-11-2430, 48-11-2460, 48-11-2420, 48-11-2402, and 48-11-2440
Additional Info :
8. WORKPRO Tubing Cutter, 1/8 to 1-1/8inch Tube Cutter, Heavy Duty Pipe Cutter for Thin Copper PVC Aluminum Pipes, with Deburring Reamer Ultra-sharp Spare Cutting Wheel
- 【Quick & Easy Cutting】WORKPRO pipe cutter is made of 9CrSi, the ultra-sharp cutting wheel features quick, easy and high-accuracy cutting. You can witness the pipes severed in seconds
- 【Extra Refinement】The deburring reamer of the pipe cutter is rust-proofed, so the cut can be polished to prevent scratches. And its flexibility will support operations from different angles, thereby pursuing additional refinement
- 【Ergonomic Knob】The ergonomic knob of WORKPRO tube cutter is designed for easy adjustment, comfortable hand feelings and long time opration. Inside the knob, you’ll find a spare blade, conveniently stored for future replacement
- 【Wide Cutting Range】With a cutting range from 1/8 inch to 1-1/8 inch, you can use the WORKPRO tubing cutter to cut thin stainless steel pipes, aluminum pipes, copper pipes, PVC pipes in household installation, plumbing repair or house construction
- 【Trouble-free operation】The smooth rollers of the tube cutter can fix the pipes precisely for smoothest cutting action, energy-saving and trouble-free operation
9. Gardner Bender GBX-300 BX Armor Cable Cutter
- Cuts BX, MC, AC, and liquid tight ⅜ in
- Quick clamp feature that automatically adjusts to the cable size and secures it for splitting
- Cutting depth adjustment to ensure clean cuts without nicking the cable
- Ergonomic Grip
- Self-tensioning conduit grip
Additional Info :
10. Southwire 55082603 100ft. 1/2-Inch Metallic Liquid tight Flexible Conduit, Gray
- Smooth metal interior for easy wiring pulling
- UV sunlight resistant jacket, rated for temperature range of -30-Degree C to 80-Degree C, 60-Degree C Oil (-22-DegreeF to +176-DegreeF, 140-DegreeF Oil)
- Jacket seals out water, liquids, abrasives, alcohol, coolants, corrosive fumes and gases, grease, mineral acids, petroleum oils, salt air and spray
- Accepts standard metallic liquidtight fittings
- Rated for direct burial applications including concrete encasement
Additional Info :
List of flexible conduit cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||Klein Tools 53725 BX Cable Cutter and Armored Cable Cutter, Cut Flexible Conduit and Armored Cables,...||
|2||KNIPEX Tools - Pipe Cutter for Plastic Conduit Pipes (9410185)||
|3||Gardner Bender GBX-300 BX Armor Cable Cutter||
|4||KNIPEX Tools - Pipe Cutter for Flexible Pipes & Hoses (9020185)||
|5||PVC Cutter Ratcheting Hose Cutter Cuts up to 2-1/2" Pipe Capacity Cutting Tool，One-hand Fast Pipe...||
|6||BX/Flexible Conduit Cutter Blades, PK5||
|7||Gardner Bender GKC-100A Cut-A-Way PVC Cutter, Lightweight, Cuts 1 in. Conduit||
|8||Drew Shoe Men's Big Easy Boot,Dark Brown,13 M US||
|9||Southwire 58282240 MCCUT BX/MC Rotary Cable Cutter with Lever||
|10||Southwire Tools RF-120A Seatek Greenfield Roto-Flex 1/2-3/4||
How to Choose the Best flexible conduit cutter?
To help you pick the best flexible conduit cutter for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a flexible conduit cutter, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry flexible conduit cutter in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most flexible conduit cutter features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all flexible conduit cutter cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. flexible conduit cutters actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut flexible conduit cutter. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourflexible conduit cutter, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most flexible conduit cutter are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic flexible conduit cutter if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated flexible conduit cutter. Hydraulic flexible conduit cutter is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
flexible conduit cutter are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small flexible conduit cutter
Small flexible conduit cutter that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of flexible conduit cutter, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools flexible conduit cutter, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized flexible conduit cutter
Medium-sized flexible conduit cutter range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large flexible conduit cutter
Large flexible conduit cutter that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most flexible conduit cutter are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The flexible conduit cutter may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini flexible conduit cutter or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier flexible conduit cutter offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight flexible conduit cutter is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, flexible conduit cutters with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different flexible conduit cutter are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with heavy-duty job can be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the flexible conduit cutter from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The flexible conduit cutter needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various flexible conduit cutters that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right flexible conduit cutter simple.