A foam core cutter is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty, have traditional wheels and ever-so-effective rocker blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material and then run the cutter on it. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
Top 10 Best foam core cutter in 2022
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the foam core cutter to grab the best one.
1. Logan Foam Werks Foam Cutting Tool, Straight/Bevel
- Economy and versatility combined in the Foam Werks Foam board Straight/Bevel Cutter
- Simply rotate the angled base block and it transforms from a straight cutter to a bevel cutter
- Features include adjustable blade depth ergonomic handle and on-board blade storage
- The Straight/Bevel Cutter includes two blades and can be used with any suitable straight edge
- Constructed of blue plastic
Additional Info :
2. Logan Graphics Foamwerks Deluxe Cutting Kit for Foam Board for Creative Use In Art, Scrapbooking, Arcitecture, Modeling, Hobby and Craft Applications
- FoamWerks Deluxe Cutting Kit, See contents below, great for American Girl Doll Crafting and Modeling Projects. Cut at 90 degree angles, 45 degree angles, in circles, cut holes and curves with ease!
- Includes six different cutters and 2 replacement blades for each for a variety of cutting effects and needs, to accommodate any project large or small that uses foam core
- Also includes a straight edge and instructional book to support the use of foam board as a creative and build-able material that can be fun for all ages
- FOR USE ON STANDARD FOAMBOARD ONLY, not to be used on plastic board or paper board. These tools are specially designed for foam board.
- MUST USE FOAMBOARD UNDERLAYMENT WHILE CUTTING to get a smooth cut instead of a jagged one. Makes a great holiday-gift!
Additional Info :
3. Logan Graphics FoamWerks Foamboard Cutting Kit-W1001-For Cutting All Foamboard
- FoamWerks FoamBoard Cutting Kit designed for cutting 3/16 inch standard foam board
- For Use on standard foamboard only, not for cutting mats, plexi, glass, hard plastic or extra thick foamcore and Foamboard Underlayment must be used while cutting to get straight smooth cut with no jagged edges
- Includes Rabbet Cutter, Freestyle Cutter and Straight/Bevel Cutter plus a 32 inch (81cm) Channel Rail and copy of the 72 page full color FoamBoard Magic book
- Includes 2 WB and 6 WC blades to accompany the tools in the kit.
- Excellent for architectural, art, craft, student, framing, drafting, model building, hobby and varying other creative uses.
Additional Info :
4. Electric Knife Hot Knife Foam Cutter Foam sculpture hot knife cutter (Foam Cutter)
- This tool kit complete with one 200W Hot Knife
- one pcs 15cm Blade and one pcs 20cm Blade and one pcs Groover and one pcs 30cm Bendable Blade The styrofoam groover is combined by hot knife cutter,groover and 30mm bendable blade, used for grooving of EPS foam,EPE foam, XPS foam and sponge.The hot knife cutter used in groover can be model FC100,FC150,FC200,FC250. It depends on grooving area, if the grooving area is samll, it can use small power hot knife cutter, if it is large, it can use large power hot knife cutter.
- 120V,200W,Heats up in just about 10 secondsLong life span and can non-stop run;No rough burr after cutting; Durable and Practical.
- It can used together with different type blades,and it can be used for cuting different materials
- Notices:Intermittent operating for the tool, suggest that loosen the switch for a second after 30 seconds’ working (otherwise it may cause overheat of the power tube)
Additional Info :
5. Logan WC4010 FoamWerks Foamboard Rabbet Cutter
- ergonomic construction
- dual blade action
- one-stroke finished results
- FOR USE ON STANDARD FOAMBOARD ONLY
- MUST USE FOAMBAORD UNDERLAYMENT WHILE CUTTING
Additional Info :
6. Logan WC6001 FoamWerks Foamboard Straight Cutter
- Cut perfect straight edges on foamboard
Additional Info :
7. Foamwerks Straight Foamboard Cutter with Adjustable Blade, 1/8 – 1/2 inch
- Foamwerks Straight Cutter is designed for use with Foamwerks channel rail and features adjustable blade depth, quick change blade clip, magnetic blade slot, on-board blade storage and 5 blades. This trimmer is perfect to cut perfect straight edges on any depth of foamboard ranging from 1/8 in to 1/2 in.
- Sold as an Each
- Ideal for cutting foamboard projects
- Creates a smooth straight edge cut
- Convenient and easy to use
- Durable construction
Additional Info :
8. Foam Cutting Machine,Board Hot Wire Styrofoam Cutter Foam Cutting Tool Working Table Craft Machine 110V (US Stock)
- ★FAST HEATING: the hot wire heats up quickly, cut and shape all foam easily, very convenient to use.Heating wire temperature can be adjustable, cutting different density and material need to adjust the appropriate temperature cutting.
- ★Usually, the electric wire is not red or slightly red is suitable. It can not be cut if the wire is very red.When cutting, the wire temperature is very high, should keep away from flammable and explosive materials.
- ★It is recommended to wear work glove when cutting.When complete cutting, please cut off the power in time.Some material may have a smell when cutting, it is recommended to cut in the ventilation environment.
- ★APPLICATION: used for cutting low density foam material, like foam, low density sponge, EPE, KT board, extruded plastic, board wax and so on. Perfect for art piece creation by hobbyist, foam carving, art model making, DIY craft projects in home and school.
- ★CUT DIFFERENT SHAPES: it can cut a variety of shapes. Angle chamfering, tangent, cut off material, taper cutting.You can cut the form board or foam block from any angle and craft into your desired shape.
Additional Info :
9. Foam Cutter, Upgraded Electric Hot Knife With Button and Power Light, 100-240V/15W Hot Knife 10CM Styrofoam Cutting Pen with Electronic Voltage Transformer Adaptor
- ♥【CLEAN-AND-SMOOTH CUTTING】It heat up quickly, the tube will be reached 150℃ within 10 seconds. It cuts the styrofoam smooth and fast, seals the edges clean, and leaves no debris! You can cut the form board or foam block from any angle and craft into your desired shape.
- ♥【ON/OFF SWTICH & LED INDICATOR LIGHT】The ON/OFF Switch is on the handle, very convenient to switch it on and off, so you don’t have to keep unpluging it all the time! And there’s a LED Indicator Light next to the switch(most foam cutter don’t have it), it’ll be on when it’s working, so you don’t have to worry about forgetting it’s on and accidentally touching it.
- ♥【APPLICATIONS】Suitable for low density Styrofoam, Art model making, students handmade practise, Advertising words making.
- ♥【STRONG-QUALITY & COMFORTABLE-GRIP】The Cutting Pen/Needle/Rod is Sturdy & Very Secure in the base, and it doesn’t bend much even carving through large pieces of styrofoam. The handle is Good Thickness and Non-Slip, so you can get a Full Grip and Won’t Get Strain for large projects.
- ♥【MAINTENANCE SUGGESTION】Please let it he heat up for a whlie before using, and take a rest when it keeps working for more than 30 minutes. After it cools down, please wipe the heating needle with a damp sponge to avoid blackening and hardening caused by adhesion Of oxides.
Additional Info :
10. Logan WA8001 FoamWerks Foamboard Circle Cutter
- Package length :10.0″
- Package width :12.0″
- Package height :7.0″
- Made in United States
Additional Info :
List of foam core cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||Logan Foam Werks Foam Cutting Tool, Straight/Bevel||
|2||Logan Graphics Foamwerks Deluxe Cutting Kit for Foam Board for Creative Use In Art, Scrapbooking,...||
|3||Logan WC6001 FoamWerks Foamboard Straight Cutter||
|4||Logan 701-1 Straight Cutter Elite Straight Matboard and Foamboard Cutter For Framing and Matting||
|5||RoMech Foam Cutter - Air Cooled Pro Electric Hot Knife (200W) - Continuous-Use Styrofoam Cutting...||
|6||Ridgid 40938 Foam Core Cutter, Red||
|7||Logan Graphics FoamWerks Foamboard Cutting Kit-W1001-For Cutting All Foamboard||
|8||Logan WC4010 FoamWerks Foamboard Rabbet Cutter||
|9||Ridgid 41768 FC-150 Foam Core Cutter, Silver||
|10||Foamwerks Straight Foamboard Cutter with Adjustable Blade, 1/8 - 1/2 inch||
How to Choose the Best foam core cutter?
To help you pick the best foam core cutter for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a foam core cutter, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry foam core cutter in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most foam core cutter features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all foam core cutter cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. foam core cutters actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut foam core cutter. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourfoam core cutter, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most foam core cutter are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic foam core cutter if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated foam core cutter. Hydraulic foam core cutter is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
foam core cutter are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small foam core cutter
Small foam core cutter that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of foam core cutter, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools foam core cutter, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized foam core cutter
Medium-sized foam core cutter range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large foam core cutter
Large foam core cutter that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most foam core cutter are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The foam core cutter may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini foam core cutter or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier foam core cutter offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight foam core cutter is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, foam core cutters with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different foam core cutter are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with heavy-duty job can be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the foam core cutter from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The foam core cutter needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various foam core cutters that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right foam core cutter simple.