A guillotine metal cutter is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty, have traditional wheels and ever-so-effective rocker blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material and then run the cutter on it. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
10 Best guillotine metal cutter Popular Models
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the guillotine metal cutter to grab the best one.
1. VEVOR Guillotine Metal Shear 31 In/800mm Bed Width Guillotine Shear for Metal 1.5 mm/16 Gauge Metal Guillotine Shear with a Stand Sheet Metal Cutting Guillotine for Plate Cutting for Construction Work
- Excellent Shearing: The guillotine metal cutter can cut thin metal up to 1.5 mm/16 gauge. Bed Length: 31 inch/800 mm.
- Solid Steel Structure: This 16 gauge sheet metal cutter is made of thickened steel, reliable, and durable, built to last. The blade is sharp and anti-wear.
- Easy Operation & 800 mm: Designed with a long steel handle, the manual sheet metal cutter is comfortable to use and easy to operate. The joint is smooth and flexible.
- Heavy-Duty Stand: This bench metal shear is equipped with a stand, which keeps stable on the floor. It also can be removable easily.
- Wide Application: The 16 gauge metal shear can be used to cut metal plate and plastic plate, widely used in construction sites and other places.
Additional Info :
2. Paper Cutter Paper Trimmer Authentic COME 9770EZ 19Inch A2 19″ Commercial Heavy Duty Guillotine Stack Paper Cutter 300 Sheets Metal Base Desktop New
- THE ONLY AUTHENTIC 19” PAPER CUTTER THAT CUTS THROUGH 300-SHEET OF 20LB PAPER LIKE BUTTER – This is an authentic COME-9770EZ Stack Paper Cutter. This machine’s cutting width is 19” (much bigger than the 12” models) and cutting capacity is 300-sheet of 20lb bond paper. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
- AUTHENTIC – This is the AUTHENTIC COME 9770EZ 19” stack paper cutter equipped with the back support/extension table. The back support/extension table extends the back side of the cutter and provides a more well balanced and stable platform for the cutter. It also provides balanced support for the stack to be cut and catches the output from the cutter.
- AVOID ACCIDENTAL CUTS AND RESHARPENABLE AND REPLACEABLE BLADE – It has a built-in safety lock mechanism that is engaged automatically to prevent accidental cuts until released. The blade is re-sharpen-able and replaceable.
- NO NEED TO SHARPEN THE BLADE UNTIL AFTER THOUSANDS OF CUTS – The blade edge is made of high-speed steel (HSS) with the hardness grade of 60-62 on the Rockwell Equivalent C scale (i.e., 60-62 HRC). It will last over thousands of cuts before requiring re-sharpening or replacement. it is razor sharp and can cut through 300 sheets of 20lb paper stack with a single easy stroke.
- SOLID METAL CONSTRUCTION AND 1/32” RESOLUTION – It is constructed of all steel and features a SOLID aluminum alloy back support and side gauge with measurements scaled in standard inches (1/32” resolution) and metric (1 mm resolution).
Additional Info :
3. KAKA Industrial Manual Guillotine Shear,16 Gauge Sheet Metal Fabrication Plate Cutting Cutter With Stand (HS-52)
- The hand shear is with hand control and simple operation
- Specially used for thin plates
- Suitable for metal plate and plastic plate
- Knives made of hardened tool steel
Additional Info :
4. Dahle 15e Vantage Paper Trimmer, 15″ Cut Length, 15 Sheet, Automatic Clamp, Adjustable Guide, Metal Base with 1/2″ Gridlines, Guillotine Paper Cutter
- [MACHINE GROUND BLADE] — Ensures sharp edge and consistent trimming results
- [AUTOMATIC CLAMP] — Holds work securely and prevents uneven cutting
- [TENSION SPRING] — Automatically lifts blade and prevents it from falling
- [STURDY METAL BASE] — Provides a solid surface that won’t warp or crack
- [SCREENED GUIDES] — For easy alignment
Additional Info :
5. B-Stock Paper Cutter Guillotine Style 21″ Cut Length 16″ inch Metal Base Trimmer
- SKU: 14003-B-STK
- Brand: EDMBG
Additional Info :
6. A4 Guillotine Paper Cutter with Metal Base, (12″ x 10″ inch top), Paper Trimmer with Multi Sheet Capacity, Heavy Duty Blade for Photo Craft Cardstock, Large Paper Cutter for Home or Office
- Action: Precise, straight cuts.
- Features: High quality, full length steel blade with locking feature for safe storage.
- Use: Spring loaded, curved blade for constant contact with cutting surface.
- Incremented: Include US and Metric Measurements
- Capacity: Cuts approx. 5-10 sheets of paper at a time (depending on thickness and blade length)
Additional Info :
7. Hoan The Original Bagel Guillotine Universal Slicer, 9.25-Inch, White
- EFFORTLESS SLICE BAGELS: The Hoan Bagel Guillotine Slicer allows you to safely and effortlessly slice bagels in half
- KEEP HANDS OUT OF HARMS WAY: This bagel slicer keeps your hands away from any potential slicing harm. There is a slot where the bagel will rest and then simply push down on the blade to obtain the finished product; a cleanly sliced bagel.
- BUILT IN SAFETY SHIELD: The cradle holds the bagel while the two clear acrylic safety shields keep fingers away from the patented piercing blade
- USE FOR DIFFERENT TYPES OF ROLLS: This slicer is not limited to just using on bagels. You can use this to slice muffins, buns, and rolls of all sizes
- SMOOTH SLICING AND DURABLE: The bagel slicer features a precision ground serrated cutting edges and a non stick Xylan coated blade for smooth slicing and durability. With this bagel slicer, you will eliminate any uneven and mess cuts
Additional Info :
8. Heavy Duty Paper Cutter,17 inch Guillotine Paper Cutter,500 Sheets A3 A4 B4 B5 A5 B6 B7 Papers,Guillotine Paper Scrap Slicer Trimmer for Cardstock Cards Leather with Metal Base for Office Home School
- ✂️【17 inch Sharp Blade】The 17″ cutting blade is made of high speed steel(HSS), quite sharp. It is wear-resistant. Guillotine paper cutter ideal for use to cut paper business cards books and leather, but also cut bubble film fabric film pearl cotton, etc.
- ✂️【500 Sheet Capacity】Cutting thickness is up to 4cm.The paper guillotine can cut 500 pieces of paper at most one time.
- ✂️【Precise Cutting】Designed for precision, with an alignment grid to achieve precision. Double scale with inch and centimeter markings, no matter which system you prefer, you can help with measurement.
- ✂️【Double Safety Protection】Safety lock and protective cover give you double safety protection. Press the safety lock, the paper cutter can be used; the blue protective cover can not only prevent foreign objects from entering, but also prevent fingers from entering the blade.
- ✂️【Simple Operation】It is very convenient to use the guillotine paper trimmer. Rotate the pressing handle,tightly pressed paper, better assist cutting,unlock safety lock,and then press the cutter handle.
Additional Info :
9. Mophorn Electric Paper Cutter 450mm 17.7 Inch Paper Cutter Guillotine Numerical Control Automatic Digital
- Product Parameter: Max. Cutting Size:18 inch (450 mm), Min. Cutting Size: 2 inch(50 mm), Cutting thickness:1.6 inch(40 mm), Cutting Precision:±0.02 inch(±0.5 mm).
- Premium Quality: The electric paper cutter mainly adopts metal structure, sturdy and durable. The blade uses the sharp, thickened steel knife with fast cutting speed and high efficiency.
- Smart LCD Display: LCD display brings intelligent control and digital operation. The integrated control panel designs the comfortable keys for easy and convenient operation.
- Infrared Light Positioning:Enclosed infrared light baffles are designed on both sides of the paper cutter guillotine. The positioning of infrared light makes the paper cutting more intuitive and accurate and provides more secure and reliable operation.
- Multiple Application: This electric guillotine paper cutter is ideal for cutting paper, coupon, label, cardstock, etc. For both commercial & professional use in the office, laboratory, industry, etc.
Additional Info :
10. Swingline Paper Trimmer, Guillotine Paper Cutter, 24″ Cut Length, 15 Sheet Capacity, ClassicCut Ingento (1162)
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION – Ingento guillotine-style trimmer delivers dependable performance. Built strong, with a solid maple base, die-cast metal arm and self-sharpening steel blade.
- 24″ CUTTING LENGTH – Features a 24” cutting length, allowing plenty of space to accommodate creative projects. Solid base with non-slip feet. Large trimmer is perfect for shared workspaces.
- CUTS 15 SHEETS – Strong trimmer cuts up to 15 sheets of paper at a time. Suitable for cutting everything from delicate tissue to photos and heavy matboard. Ideal for high-volume projects.
- ACCURATE CUTTING – Designed for accuracy, with an alignment grid for precision. Dual scale ruler, with marks in inches and centimeters, assists with measuring, regardless of which system you prefer.
- SAFETY FEATURES – Steel tension spring holds guillotine blade arm firmly in place in any position. Blade latch hook secures the arm when not in use. Protective guard rail also helps keep users safe.
- BUILT TO LAST – Swingline stands behind this high-quality trimmer with a limited 10-year warranty.
Additional Info :
List of guillotine metal cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||VEVOR Guillotine Metal Shear 31 In/800mm Bed Width Guillotine Shear for Metal 1.5 mm/16 Gauge Metal...||
|2||ISDIR Paper Cutter Guillotine, 12 Inch Paper Cutting Board, 12 Sheets Capacity, Heavy Duty Metal...||
|3||Kaka industrial HS-52 Guillotine Metal Shear, 52 inch Bed Width, 16 Gauge Metal Guillotine Shear...||
|4||A4 Guillotine Paper Cutter with Metal Base, (12" x 10" inch top), Paper Trimmer with Multi Sheet...||
|5||Pardo Cigar Cutter Straight Cut Stainless Steel Cigar Cutter Metal Guillotine Double Blade||
|6||Paper Cutter Paper Trimmer Authentic COME 9770EZ 19Inch A2 19" Commercial Heavy Duty Guillotine...||
|7||Dahle 15e Vantage Paper Trimmer, 15" Cut Length, 15 Sheet, Automatic Clamp, Adjustable Guide, Metal...||
|8||A4 Paper Trimmer Paper Cutter Heavy Duty Metal Base Trimmer Gridded Paper Photo Guillotine Craft...||
|9||Paper Cutter Guillotine Style 10" Cut Length X 10" Inch Metal Base Trimmer||
|10||Xikar Silver Finish Metal Cigar Cutter 54 ring gauge to 60 ring Aluminum Body Stainless Steel Blades...||
How to Choose the Best guillotine metal cutter?
To help you pick the best guillotine metal cutter for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a guillotine metal cutter, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry guillotine metal cutter in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most guillotine metal cutter features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all guillotine metal cutter cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. guillotine metal cutters actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut guillotine metal cutter. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourguillotine metal cutter, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most guillotine metal cutter are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic guillotine metal cutter if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated guillotine metal cutter. Hydraulic guillotine metal cutter is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
guillotine metal cutter are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small guillotine metal cutter
Small guillotine metal cutter that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of guillotine metal cutter, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools guillotine metal cutter, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized guillotine metal cutter
Medium-sized guillotine metal cutter range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large guillotine metal cutter
Large guillotine metal cutter that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most guillotine metal cutter are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The guillotine metal cutter may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini guillotine metal cutter or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier guillotine metal cutter offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight guillotine metal cutter is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, guillotine metal cutters with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different guillotine metal cutter are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with a heavy-duty job can be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the guillotine metal cutter from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The guillotine metal cutter needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various guillotine metal cutters that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right guillotine metal cutter simple.