A helicopter wire cutter is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty, have traditional wheels and ever-so-effective rocker blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material and then run the cutter on it. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
Top 10 Best helicopter wire cutter: Our Picks
1. RECTOO Cable Wire Cutters (RT02), Forged from Heavy Duty Stainless Steel metal, 8 Inch small Wire Rope Cutter Tool upto 1/4″ for stainless steel wire rope, bike brake cable, railing cable
- SOLID:Constructed of high quality heavy duty steel material, sharp and durable, The cable cutters with high hardness and good abrasion resistance can bring excellent experience and long lasting.
- PRECISE：This cable cutting pliers can make exact and clean cuts without fraying or smashing the cable end. it not only cut the cutaway cables and ripcords perfectly also great for heavy duty wire.
- Non-Slip Handle: Labor-saving and high-toughness spring, stronger shear, The handle of this high-leverage cord cutter is covered with a flexible and non-slip PVC material to increase friction and provide a more comfortable grip.Making your work easier and prevent hand and wrist fatigue.
- Wide Application:It is widely used in industrial and home applications like cable railing, fencing, wire seals,clothes lineand, aircraft bicycle cable other DIY projects.
Additional Info :
2. IGAN-P6 Wire Flush Cutters, 6-inch Ultra Sharp & Powerful Side Cutter Clippers with Longer Flush Cutting Edge, Ideal Wire Snips for Crafting, Floral, Electrical & Any Clean Cut Needs
- 1.Ultra-Sharp Wire Cutters: 13/16” extra-long cutting edge can easily snips electrical wire up to 12 AWG.
- 2.Specialized Flush Cut: Improved blades design provide a smooth, flat and clean cut. Ideal wire cutters for Crafting, Floral wire, Electrical wire, Artificial flowers, Cable Ties, Plastic, Edge banding, etc.
- 3.High Hardness CR-V: Forged from chrome vanadium tool steel, heat-treated and precision ground angled head. One of the strongest 6-inch wire clippers.
- 4.Labor-saving Tools: Perfect length to provide great leverage with a spring-loaded mechanism to minimize hand fatigue.
- 5.Full lifetime warranty: If any IGAN P6 Flush Cutter ever fails for any reason, simply email or reply to the IGAN customer service and IGAN will ship a replacement.
Additional Info :
3. Chef’n VeggiChop Hand-Powered Food Chopper (Arugula), 5.5″ x 5.5″ x 5″
- THE GADGET FOR THE JOB: Chop large pieces of fruit, vegetables, garlic, onion, herbs, and even nuts by hand with this manual food chopper. Guacamole, Pesto, Hummus, Salsa: whip up your favorite sauce, side dishes or condiments in a flash with this handy non-electric chopper.
- TIME SAVER: Little to no prep needed. Throw in chunks of vegetables or whole ingredients, place the lid on, pull the cord and watch this hand-powered chopper’s blades do the hard work for you.
- AT HOME: Throwing a Happy Hour or Cinco de Mayo fiesta? Don’t forget to whip up some fresh salsa and guacamole. Your friends will be impressed!
- COMPACT STORAGE: Short on space? The VeggiChop is small and portable but mighty. Keep it in your kitchen, tuck one away in your RV or even in the car for camping or road trips.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Bowl, blades and storage lid are top-rack dishwasher safe. Pull-cord lid is hand washable.
- Capacity: 0.5 liters
Additional Info :
4. Cable Cutters, Sanuke High Leverage Cable Cutter Heavy Duty Industrial Strength Electrical Wire Cutters for Cutting Aluminum Copper Communication Cables
- 【Professional Tool】10 Inch cable cutter features cable-gripping shear-type jaws. Knife and anvil style cutting edge to ensure perfect mating and superior cutting edge life. Laser heat-treated cutting edges last longer.
- 【High-Leverage】The special high-leverage design makes the product have super long handle. Compared with other ordinary tools on the market, this labor-saving design conforms to ergonomics, helps to save most of the effort, effectively prevents hand fatigue, which also makes the work become easier.
- 【High-quality Material】Constructed of high-carbon steel for superior performance. It has excellent anti-rust and corrosion resistance, long service life.
- 【One-hand Operation】Accurate cutting, easy to use even with one hand, it is very suitable for working in narrow confined space. The handle is comfortable and easy to spot in your tool bag.
- 【Widely Used】This cable cutter has a wide range of applications, which can cuts for aluminum, copper, communications cable and so on.
Additional Info :
5. BOENFU Wire Cutter 6 Inches Precision Side Cutter Cutting Pliers Diagonal Cutter Plastic Snips Jewelry Wire Clippers Model Snippers Flush Cutter for Jewelry Making, Crafts, Artificial Flowers
- ULTRA-SHARP WIRE CUTTERS: Improved knife design easily snips wire up to 12AWG / (Φ2.5mm)
- HIGH HARDNESS CR-V: Forged from chrome vanadium tool steel, and blades are heat treated for increased durability
- ERGONOMIC ANTI-SLIP HANDLE: Perfect length to provide great leverage, ergonomic design frosted handle provides comfort and control
- FLUSH CUT: The angled tip is nice for tight cuts. Producing a flat, flush cut. Ideal wire cutters for artificial flowers, zip ties, circuit boards, crafting, electrical wire, plastic, etc
- SPRING-LOADED: Steel return spring for increased comfort during repetitive cutting. The handle can automatically reset, easy to open and close, fast, and more efficient
Additional Info :
6. CRAFTSMAN Pliers, 6-Piece Mini Set with Pouch (CMHT81716)
- COMFORT & CONTROL: Multi-zone bi-material grips on pliers
- STRENGTH AND DURABILITY: Drop forged steel of cutting pliers
- CRAFTSMAN pliers come with a case
7. Flush Cutter Micro Precision Wire Cutters Diagonal Cutting Pliers for Electronic, Model, Jewelry Making
- YITONGDA 2 Pack 170 Flush Cutter Micro Precision Wire Cutters Diagonal Cutting Pliers for Electronic, Model, Jewelry Making. There are two handles in a packing box, one is black, the other is blue
Additional Info :
8. IGAN-170 Wire Cutters, Precision Electronics Flush Cutter, One of the Strongest and Sharpest Side Cutting pliers with an Opening Spring, Ideal for Ultra-fine Cutting Needs.
- Sharp and strong: IGAN precision wire cutter has an 11mm long heat-treated carbon steel jaw with angled head design
- Professional flush cutting snips:Apply to electrical work, jewelry making and daily use.suitable for shearing copper and soft wire up to 18 AWG (1 mm)
- Compact design with open spring:it is ideally sized for working in small spaces and help you to save force.
- Environmentally friendly and comfortable grip: Made of TPE mateial,it has non-toxic and tasteless properties，and provides a rubber-like texture .
- Suitable for cutting small wire, tie wrap, beading wire, zip ties, plastic and more. To ensure the durability of the cutters, do not use it to cut hard or big gauges wires.
Additional Info :
9. DOWELL Micro Cutter Flush Cutter Soft Wire Cutters Professional Cutting Copper And Aluminum Wire Cables
- SHARP & DURABLE: This flush wire cutter has an 11mm long heat-treated carbon steel jaws for soft wire cut. The blades are sharp and aligned to achieve a clean and flush cut
- ANGLED JAWS & SPRING: This micro cutter have angled and blackened jaws, which make it easier to use in narrow places. The spring mechanism is smooth and reduce operator fatigue,labour-saving.
- SOFT TPR HANDLE: Ergonomic designed dolphin-style handles reduce fatigue, save labour, increase corrosion resistance. Non-slip, rubber-like texture material provides comfort and makes it easy to use.
- CUTTING RANGE: Suitable for shearing copper,aluminium and other soft wires up to 18 AWG (1 mm), such as small wire, flat wire, beading wire. And it also can cut tie wrap, zip ties, plastic and small soft things. DO NOT cut hard or big gauges wires and other hard things, otherwise the snips would be broken.
- WIDELY USED: This micro cutter is great for cutting electronic component pins for trimming in tight areas,jewelry processing, model cutting and fishing, any crafts & DIY tasks.
Additional Info :
10. IRWIN Vise-Grip Wire Stripping Tool / Wire Cutter, 8-Inch (2078309), Multicolor
- Wire cutter with induction hardened cutting edge stays sharp longer
- Strips and cuts 10-22 AWG
- Pliers style nose allows wire stripper to pull and loop in wire
- Bolt cutter cuts bolts to size and leaves perfect lead thread
- Crimps insulated and non-insulated terminals
Additional Info :
List of helicopter wire cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||IGAN-P6 Wire Flush Cutters, 6-inch Ultra Sharp & Powerful Side Cutter Clippers with Longer Flush...||
|2||Chef'n VeggiChop Hand-Powered Food Chopper (Arugula), 5.5" x 5.5" x 5"||
|3||RECTOO Cable Wire Cutters (RT02), Forged from Heavy Duty Stainless Steel metal, 8 Inch small Wire...||
|4||Mr. Pen- Wire Cutter, 6 Inch, Wire Cutters, Diagonal Wire Cutters, Flush Cutter, Nippers, Side...||
|5||Checkered Chef Mezzaluna Salad Chopper - Stainless Steel Rocker Knife for Lettuce & Vegetables w/...||
|6||BOENFU Wire Cutters Zip Tie Cutters Micro Flush Cutter 2 Pack 5 Inch Precision Wire Clippers Hobby...||
|7||Southwire 58282240 MCCUT BX/MC Rotary Cable Cutter with Lever||
|8||WGGE WG-015 Professional 8-inch Wire Stripper / wire crimping tool, Wire Cutter, Wire Crimper, Cable...||
|9||WORKPRO Mini Bolt Cutter 8-inch/210mm, CR-MO Small Bolt Cutter, Heavy Duty Wire Cable Cutter, Spring...||
|10||KAIWEETS Wire Stripper 10-22 AWG Wire Splicer Cable Stripper Multipurpose Wire Stripping Tool...||
How to Choose the Best helicopter wire cutter?
To help you pick the best helicopter wire cutter for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a helicopter wire cutter, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry helicopter wire cutter in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most helicopter wire cutter features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all helicopter wire cutter cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. helicopter wire cutters actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut helicopter wire cutter. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourhelicopter wire cutter, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most helicopter wire cutter are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic helicopter wire cutter if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated helicopter wire cutter. Hydraulic helicopter wire cutter is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
helicopter wire cutter are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small helicopter wire cutter
Small helicopter wire cutter that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of helicopter wire cutter, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools helicopter wire cutter, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized helicopter wire cutter
Medium-sized helicopter wire cutter range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large helicopter wire cutter
Large helicopter wire cutter that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most helicopter wire cutter are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The helicopter wire cutter may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini helicopter wire cutter or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier helicopter wire cutter offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight helicopter wire cutter is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, helicopter wire cutters with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different helicopter wire cutter are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with heavy-duty jobcan be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the helicopter wire cutter from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The helicopter wire cutter needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various helicopter wire cutters that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right helicopter wire cutter simple.