Choosing the right ideal cable cutter can make all the difference. Whether you’re looking for a precise and effective carving tool or need to cut any materials, have a look through our range of cutters to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Here we review the best ideal cable cutter, so you can choose the right cutter for any kind of your work.
List of 10 Best ideal cable cutter: Tested by Experts
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the ideal cable cutter to grab the best one.
1. IDEAL 35-078 PowerBlade Cable Cutter, Black
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Model Number: 35-078
- Item Package Dimension: 18.0″ L x 15.0″ W x 8.0″ H
- Item Package Weight: 9.6 lb
Additional Info :
2. IDEAL Electrical 35-3052 Cable Cutter – 9.5 in., By-Pass Cutter Blades Wire Cutting Tool for 2/0 Copper, 4/0 Aluminum
- Wire Cutter: commonly used in electrical arrangements to cut 2/0 copper and 4/0 aluminum wires. Electrical tool with by-pass cutter blades helps provide smoother and easier cuts
- Tough Built: insulated cable cutter with drop-forged, high-carbon steel construction provides extra strength for industrial use. This rugged and precise tool need less re-sharpening and provides long-lasting cutting performance
- Improved Grip: designed to deliver professional results for everyday use, this cutting tool delivers lifetime of quality use. The Smart-Grip handle is impervious to gas, oil, and hydraulic fluid and provides firm control
- Accurate Cuts: precision ground, hardened cutting edges provide accurate cuts without cable distortion. FastFinder letter icons on color-coded grips enable quick tool identification
- Product Specifications: 9.5 in. long IDEAL Electrical Cable Cutter is equipped with Smart-Grip molded handles and by-pass cutter blades
Additional Info :
3. Ideal 45-074 Wire Cutter
- Cuts Round Communication Cable and Maintains Cable Geometry for Better Cable Performance
- Cuts Multi-Pair Cable up to 0.5″ and Coaxial Cable up to RG-9/U
- Suitable for Soft Cables (Not ACSR)
- Curved Cutting Blades Maintain Cable Geometry for Better Cable Performance
- Steel Reinforced Center Conductors can be Trimmed With Bolt Cutting Holes
Additional Info :
4. IDEAL Electrical 35-052 Cable Cutter – 9.5 in., By-Pass Cutter Blades Wire Cutting Tool for 2/0 Copper, 4/0 Aluminum
- Wire Cutter: this tool is commonly used in electrical arrangements to cut 2/0 copper and 4/0 aluminum wires. Electrical tool with by-pass cutter blades helps provide smoother and easier cuts
- Tough Build: this cable cutter with drop-forged, high-carbon steel construction provides extra strength for industrial use. This rugged and precise tool need less re-sharpening and provides long-lasting cutting performance
- Improved Grip: designed to deliver professional results for everyday use, this cutting tool delivers a lifetime of quality use. Textured PVC grips provide superior comfort, functionality, and improved grip for commercial use
- Accurate Cuts: precision ground, hardened cutting edges provide accurate cuts without cable distortion. The dipped hot handles provide a firm control for everyday commercial use
- Product Specifications: 9.5 in. long IDEAL Electrical Cable Cutter is equipped with textured PVC grips and by-pass cutter blades
Additional Info :
5. Ideal Industries Replacement Blades for Rotary BX Cable Cutter (Pack of 5)
- Handles All Common Bx, Mcap, Mc And Flex Cables
- Blade Cuts Armor Without Damage To Internal Conductors
- Splices Cleanly Through Casings With Only A Few Turns
- Handle Knob Stores Up To Six Replacement Blades
Additional Info :
6. IDEAL Industries, Inc. 33-622T LinearX3 Coax Compression Hip Kit for F/BNC/RCA Connectors, Starter Tool Kit w/ 10 F Connector, Cable Stripper, Cutter
- CABLE TERMINATING KIT: The compression kit features different tools to cut, strip and terminate compression F connectors to coax cables. 10 RG-6/6Q F connectors are included.
- COMPACT DESIGN: This tools cable terminating kit are held together in a single pouch with a clip to be attached to a belt or tool bag.
- APPLICABILITY: The F-connector cable kit works on RG-59 and RG-6/6 quad coax cable installations. These F connectors can be used in audio-video applications and cable/satellite installations.
- EASY USAGE: Compression tool can be adjusted with a flathead screwdriver to accommodate compression connectors fo different types and lengths. Adjustable for RCA and BNC as well as other length F connectors.
- SPECIFICATIONS: The compression connector tool kit comes with a 33-632 compression tool, 45-605 stripper, 45-074 cutter,  F RG-6/6Q RTQ XR compression connectors and a hip pouch for easy storage and convenient handling.
Additional Info :
7. Klein Tools 63215 Cable Cutter, High-Leverage 6.5-Inch Compact, Forged From US Made Steel, Ideal for Cutting Aluminum and Copper Cable
- Cable cutter has compact high-leverage design that cuts up to 1/0 AWG aluminum and copper cable, and communications cable
- Cuts and removes aluminum metal clad (MC) cable jacket
- Compact, yet powerful, cutter doesn’t take up a lot of room in the tool bag
- Hot-riveted joint ensures smooth action and no handle wobble, and plastic-dipped handles for comfort
- Made in USA
- Perfect for working in confined spaces
- Forged custom, US-made tool steel for durability
Additional Info :
8. IDEAL Industries, Inc. 45-605 PrepPRO Coax/UTP Cable Stripper, Cable Stripping Tool for RG-59/RG-59 Plenum/RG-6/RG-6 Plenum/RG-6 Quad/RG-6 Quad Plenum, Blue, 1 Coax Stripper
- MULTI CABLE STRIPPER: Combination of Coax/UTP prep tools that strip various coaxial cables without any adjustments. No blade depth or tool setting adjustments. Robust blades last for over 3,000 strips and are ideal for both left and right-handed users.
- EXCELLENT DESIGN: With two fixed blades in gray coax cartridge including a notched blade, this sturdy coaxial cable stripper provides industry-standard ¼” x ¼” cable prep, which leaves ¼” of conductor exposed and leaves ¼” of shielding exposed.
- SUITABILITY: This cable stripper tool can be used to strip RG-59 and RG-6, in the regular, quad, and all plenum versions. The second blue cartridge can be used for stripping UTP/twisted pairs and stripping the jacket of CAT5e/6 cables.
- EASY-TO-CARRY: The cable wire stripper saves tool bag space as it is compact and easily fits in a pocket. Factory preset makes it ready for immediate out-of-package use.
- SPECIFICATIONS: The package includes  a USA-made cable stripper with fixed blades that require no adjustments to do a wide range of cable types. You just need to rotate it around the jacket 3-5 times for coax and once for twisted pair cables.
- Strips Rg6/6Q/59 Coaxial Cables
- Strips 1/4-Inch X 1/4-Inch L for Compression Connectors
- No Adjustments Necessary
Additional Info :
9. IDEAL Electrical 35-076 Cable Cutter – 1250 MCM, Wire Cutting Tool w/ Rounded Blade Design, 3.5 in. Jaw Opening
- Cable Cutting Tool: designed to cut hard drawn copper and aluminum cables, this industrial wire cutter is versatile and designed for multiple applications.
- Precise Design: the MCM wire cutter has rock-solid power designed blade for precision cutting. The rounded blade design minimizes cable distortion during cutting, ensuring clean cuts
- Compatible Drill: the industrial wire cutter is compatible with most 12V or higher drills for as effortless cutting as pulling the drill’s trigger
- Quality Standards: manufactured and assembled in the USA, the wire cutter showcases impressive strength and all-round application in electrical repairs and maintenance jobs
- Product Specifications: the IDEAL electric cable cutter can cut 1250 MCM hard-drawn copper and aluminum cables. It has a 3.5 in. wide steel jaw
Additional Info :
10. Milwaukee 2472-20 M12 600 Mcm Cable Cutter tool Only
- M12 600 Mcm Cable Cutter tool Only
- The product is easy to use and easy to handle
- The product is highly durable
Additional Info :
List of ideal cable cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||IDEAL Electrical 35-076 Cable Cutter – 1250 MCM, Wire Cutting Tool w/ Rounded Blade Design, 3.5...||
|2||IDEAL Electrical 35-3052 Cable Cutter - 9.5 in., By-Pass Cutter Blades Wire Cutting Tool for 2/0...||
|3||IDEAL Electrical 35-052 Cable Cutter - 9.5 in., By-Pass Cutter Blades Wire Cutting Tool for 2/0...||
|4||Ideal Industries Replacement Blades for Rotary BX Cable Cutter (Pack of 5)||
|5||IDEAL Electrical 35-053 Ratcheting Cable Cutter – 750 MCM, Wire Cutting Tool w/ Steel Rounded...||
|6||Klein Tools 63215 Cable Cutter, High-Leverage 6.5-Inch Compact, Forged From US Made Steel, Ideal for...||
|7||IDEAL Electrical 35-031 Long Arm Cable Cutter - 14 in., 250mcm Copper, Aluminum Wire Cutting Tool...||
|8||Fiber Optic Jacket Stripper Coaxial Cable Stripping Cutter Tool Cable Cutter Crimper 45-163...||
|9||IDEAL Electrical 45-123 T-Cutter Wire Cutter - Spring Loaded Steel Pliers, Wire Range Up to 10 AWG...||
|10||IDEAL 35-078 PowerBlade Cable Cutter, Black||
What to Consider When Choosing the Best ideal cable cutter
The Best ideal cable cutter saves time compared to the automatic cutter. They’re simple to use and produce faultless results. Not all manual ideal cable cutterare effective. This section explains how to choose the best cutter.
Using the appropriate tool provides you with an advantage and makes it easier for you to complete your responsibilities. Each wire cutter has a unique feature that makes it appropriate for a certain project type. But every good wire cutter needs to have a few particular traits. When buying a wire cutter, be sure that it:
- Multitask– It should enable you to carry out tasks in addition to cutting wire. You can avoid the inconvenience of needing to purchase numerous instruments for various activities in this way.
- Material: To enable you to do your task with ease, your wire cutter should be manufactured of a durable material that meets safety regulations, such as nickel-chromium, pure stainless steel, etc.
- Has rubber grips: This will lessen the potential of injury from electrical shocks or jerks and assist to prevent the possibility of your wire cutter slipping off your hand.
“ideal cable cutter” is a misnomer. Manual tools score and snap tiles rather than cut them. Small, pointed wheels scratch the tile’s surface, creating the perfect location for a clean snap.
Wheel material affects tool performance. Tungsten carbide-tipped wheels endure longer than steel wheels while scoring tiles. Even if you’re only cutting materials for one job, utilizing the same wheel ensures accuracy.
ideal cable cutter beds are also crucial. There are some specific characteristics that can improve the usability of your manual ideal cable cutter.
ideal cable cutter have central ridges. Best manual tile cutters have foam or rubber on either side of the ridge. This foam or rubber creates a nonslip surface that keeps tiles in place while scoring or snapping, improving accuracy and reducing waste.
Foam or rubber supports the tile while absorbing snapping pressure. Without giving, you couldn’t snap tiles cleanly.
You may not notice the characteristics and differences in the bases of different manuals ideal cable cutter. Larger tiles benefit from rubber feet and foldable sidebars.
It’s hard to provide continuous downward pressure while scoring larger tiles. On flat surfaces, a tile cutter without rubber feet can skid. It’s irritating and superficial.
Folding base sidebars support wide tiles and give stability when scoring and snapping. Cutting a wide tile off to one side creates uneven leverage. Sidebars allow for a more accurate, less uncomfortable cut.
Horizontal and angle rulers
Many of the greatest manual ideal cable cutter have built-in measurement instruments to speed up, improve, and maintain accuracy. These features allow repetitive cutting without measuring.
Best ideal cable cutterhave built-in horizontal rulers for trimming tiles. Some rulers extend to measure tiles that overhang the base.
Angle guidelines are convenient and consistent. Once you know the angle to cut, locate and lock the adjustable guides. You can register the tile against the guide to score and snap accurately.
How To Replace ideal cable cutter Blade?
Nearly every warehouse has a cutter, often known as a ideal cable cutter. These knives, which have a short blade and a compact design, may easily cut open cardboard boxes and take off packaging tape and other shipping-related wrappings. Box cutters are frequently built of extremely durable plastic or metal due to the trauma they endure.
ideal cable cutter are often viewed as disposable by warehouse workers. Workers in the warehouse will often start looking for a new one as soon as the blades begin to wear out. Fortunately, your organization doesn’t have to continually spend money on new box cutter purchases each week. Simply replacing the blade is a straightforward fix. The best thing, though? They frequently include bonuses!
Opening The ideal cable cutter
Finding out how a box cutter opens is the first step in replacing the blade. In our example, we only need to remove one side screw with a Phillips head screwdriver. Simply take the top off after removing the screw to divide the knife in half.
The actual number of parts in our ideal cable cutter is just five. The handle, screw, blade, housing for the blade, and a pack of extra blades. We can remove the blade and blade housing from the knife after the blade has been opened.
When you get to this stage, be careful to pay attention to how the knife is positioned in the housing. Once you’ve taken note of this, you can remove the knife from the housing and properly dispose of it.
The spare blades are often contained in a little pack. They frequently arrive in sets of three to five. You should carefully take these blades out of the knife. To avoid getting sliced, locate the
extra blades in the ideal cable cutter handle. Next, unwrap the blades and take one out of the box. Put the other blades back into the handle once the new one is out.
Next, insert the new blade into the housing in the same manner you did with the old one. This knife’s blades have a two-notch system that must be properly reinstalled into the housing. This gives the blade a wonderful, secure hold.
Putting The ideal cable cutter Back Together
We should now begin putting the ideal cable cutter back together. Reinstall the blade and housing in the handle, check that the extra blades are correctly placed, and then reattach the handle’s top to its base. Your ideal cable cutter will then be in like-new condition when you tighten the screw back into place.
When reinstalling the screw, make sure you tighten it just enough to hold it in place. Overtightening the screw will compress the handle and impede the movement of the blades in the handle. To prevent this, tighten it and then test it by repeatedly opening and closing the ideal cable cutter to ensure that it is at a comfortable resistance.
3 Features of a ideal cable cutter
The following characteristics are necessary for a heavy-duty ideal cable cutter. Don’t buy it if even one component is missing. If you choose a less expensive model made of plastic or with a snap-off blade, it is not worth it because you will wind up spending more money replacing it more frequently.
Finger notch and grip
A handle that is comfortable for your fingers will have a deep notch that will stop your finger from creeping up near the blade as you cut. To prevent your hand from slipping while squeezing through tight materials, it should also feature a secure and non-slip grip.
Spend a little more money to purchase a tool with a metal body because ideal cable cutter with a plastic body won’t be able to survive continuous use on the job site.
Easy blade change
Frequently, standard box cutters don’t have changeable blades and need a screwdriver to do so. When your ideal cable cutter blade becomes dull, you can easily replace it using a thumbscrew or finger release instead of searching for a screwdriver. To ensure that you always have extra blades on hand for quick swaps, look for a ideal cable cutter with a blade storage system.
Ergonomics is a top consideration in our design process. We always look for new ways to make our tools more comfortable and easier to use. This helps cut down on fatigue and reduces overuse injuries. It’s also why several of our tools look different from anything else you’ve ever seen.
Tool-Free Blade Changes
When you need to change a blade, you don’t need another tool to get the job done. You change blades less frequently because our blades last longer, and you change them easily.