Choosing the right mat board cutter can make all the difference. Whether you’re looking for a precise and effective carving tool or need to cut any materials, have a look through our range of cutters to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Here we review the best mat board cutter, so you can choose the right cutter for any kind of your work.
List of 10 Best mat board cutter: Expert Recommendation
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the mat board cutter to grab the best one.
1. NT Professional Mat Cutter, 45 Degree Bevel Mat Board Cutter, 1 Cutter (MAT-45P), Aluminum Die-Cast Grip
- If you are a first-time user, you may need some practice to use this product.
- Mat Board Cutter, 45 degree bevel straight cut
- Aluminum Die-Cast Slide Grip
- Included non-slip rubber base-sheet to stabilize ruler placement.
- Replacement Blade: BMC-45P
- Tips for a clean cut: Do not force the cut with one stroke. You will get a cleaner cut if you carefully score the mat and cut over it a few times until it cuts through.
- Tips for a clean cut: Slightly over cut the 4 corners of the mat for a nice sharp cutout.
- Tips for a clean cut: Do not stick the blade out too far. Position the blade point about 0.3mm out of the matboard.
- Tips for a clean cut: Use a thick, wide ruler to guide your cut along the lines. Included with this cutter are non-slip seals which you can cut-to-size and attached to the underside of your ruler for extra stability.
- Cutting material: Mat board, Foam board
Additional Info :
2. Logan 804010600 LOG2000 Jn Mat Cutter Retractable Blade, Multicolor
- 2000 push style mat cutter
- Product is unique and carries its own natural characteristics as this is a natural product
- Manufactured in united states
Additional Info :
3. Logan 350-1 Compact Elite Mat Cutter
- This large-capacity precision cutting system creates professional looking beveled mats for all your framing projects
- Features include a 32-inch cutting capacity board
- Works with standard thickness mat board only
- Includes 1 cutting board, mat guide stop, guiderail stop, straight cutting measuring bar and stop
- Also includes bevel cutter, heavy duty straight cutter, and five blades.
Additional Info :
4. Logan Graphics 4000 Deluxe Handheld Pull Style Mat Cutter, Silver
- Cutter cuts full bevel cuts on any mat board and will also cut foamcore. Always use matboard underneath the board to ensure clean cuts.
- Perfect for cutting mat board, foam board, and other similar materials-works by pivot-and-pull blade action for easy, accurate cutting.
- Includes a marker bar for faster marking on mats for cutting with ease.
- Mat Cutter features an ergonomic knob for comfortable operation for all ages.
- Can upgrade for use on the Adapt-A-Rule straight edge,Compact, Artist or Simplex board mounted mat cutting systems. Uses Logan 270 blade.
Additional Info :
5. Logan Graphics Compact Classic Versatile Portable Mat Cutter Model 301-1
- This large-capacity precision mat cutting system creates professional beveled mats for all your framing projects.
- Bevel cutting head and mat knife for straight cuts as well as a parallel mat guide to maximize cutting potential and options
- Open ended machine means the length of a cut can be infinite by cutting and sliding the material through the length of the machine. Not limited to 32 inch length cut.
- Works with standard thickness 4-ply mat board only and uses Logan 270 blades
- Includes 1 cutting board, mat guide, bevel cutter, straight cut knife and instruction manual
Additional Info :
6. Logan Graphic 424-1 Team System Plus Mat Cutting Kit
- Retractable blade for added safety with included mat cutter and 24 inch straight edge
- Unique start – stop indicator helps prevent over-cutting of material-great for students and professionals
- Patented blade slot and Adapt-A-Rule straight edge-safer and easier to use
- Helps you make straighter – more accurate cuts for mat cutting, framing, design and technical projects.
- Can be used with Logan glass cutter or straight cutter as well.
Additional Info :
7. Logan Graphic Products Inc. 450-1 Artist Elite Mat Cutter for Framing, Art, and Design or Creative Signage Projects-best for At-Home Framers
- Cut Easily with Straight Cutter Elite & Pull Style Bevel Cutters, includes both bevel and straight cutting heads
- Fully Adjustable to Suit your Professional or at-home framing needs up to 40″ cuts
- Equipped with Parallel Mat Guide, Scaled measuring bar, Hinging Guide Rail & Production Stops for Precision Cutting
- Includes Five Extra Blades for Convenience.
Additional Info :
8. Logan Simplex Classic 40 Inch Mat Cutter
- Board Mounted Mat Cutter with Bevel and Straight Cutting Heads
- High performance pivot-and-pull blade action
- Adjustable blade depth
- Anti-crawl button prevents creep
- Patented blade slot
Additional Info :
9. Logan Graphic Products 750-1 Simplex Elite Mat Cutter System, 40 inch Capacity (750-1DS)
- A board-mounted cutting system that cuts matboard up to 40 inches long
- Squaring arm for easy material downsizing
- Parallel mat guide for setting border widths up to 5.5 inches
- With a durable laminated surface and both straight and bevel cutting heads
- Each cutter also comes with creative matting instructions and five extra blade
Additional Info :
10. Dual Angle Artist’s Mat Cutter 45 & 90 Degree
- 45 or 90 Degree Angle Cutting
- Non-slip handle
- Adjustable Depth
List of mat board cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||Logan 804010600 LOG2000 Jn Mat Cutter Retractable Blade, Multicolor||
|2||NT Professional Mat Cutter, 45 Degree Bevel Mat Board Cutter, 1 Cutter (MAT-45P), Aluminum Die-Cast...||
|3||Logan Graphics Compact Classic Versatile Portable Mat Cutter Model 301-1||
|4||Logan Graphics 4000 Deluxe Handheld Pull Style Mat Cutter, Silver||
|5||Logan 350-1 Compact Elite Mat Cutter||
|6||Dual Angle Artist's Mat Cutter 45 & 90 Degree||
|7||Logan 701-1 Straight Cutter Elite Straight Matboard and Foamboard Cutter For Framing and Matting||
|8||Cutter 45 and 90 Degree Bevel Mat Board Cutter, Blades for Art Picture Framing||
|9||Logan 500 Model Mat Knife For Framing and Matting-Professional or At-Home Framing||
|10||anezus Self Healing Sewing Mat, 12inch x 18inch Rotary Cutting Mat Double Sided 5-Ply Craft Cutting...||
What to Consider When Choosing the Best mat board cutter
The Best mat board cutter saves time compared to the automatic cutter. They’re simple to use and produce faultless results. Not all manual mat board cutterare effective. This section explains how to choose the best cutter.
Using the appropriate tool provides you with an advantage and makes it easier for you to complete your responsibilities. Each wire cutter has a unique feature that makes it appropriate for a certain project type. But every good wire cutter needs to have a few particular traits. When buying a wire cutter, be sure that it:
- Multitask– It should enable you to carry out tasks in addition to cutting wire. You can avoid the inconvenience of needing to purchase numerous instruments for various activities in this way.
- Material: To enable you to do your task with ease, your wire cutter should be manufactured of a durable material that meets safety regulations, such as nickel-chromium, pure stainless steel, etc.
- Has rubber grips: This will lessen the potential of injury from electrical shocks or jerks and assist to prevent the possibility of your wire cutter slipping off your hand.
“mat board cutter” is a misnomer. Manual tools score and snap tiles rather than cut them. Small, pointed wheels scratch the tile’s surface, creating the perfect location for a clean snap.
Wheel material affects tool performance. Tungsten carbide-tipped wheels endure longer than steel wheels while scoring tiles. Even if you’re only cutting materials for one job, utilizing the same wheel ensures accuracy.
mat board cutter beds are also crucial. There are some specific characteristics that can improve the usability of your manual mat board cutter.
mat board cutter have central ridges. Best manual tile cutters have foam or rubber on either side of the ridge. This foam or rubber creates a nonslip surface that keeps tiles in place while scoring or snapping, improving accuracy and reducing waste.
Foam or rubber supports the tile while absorbing snapping pressure. Without giving, you couldn’t snap tiles cleanly.
You may not notice the characteristics and differences in the bases of different manuals mat board cutter. Larger tiles benefit from rubber feet and foldable sidebars.
It’s hard to provide continuous downward pressure while scoring larger tiles. On flat surfaces, a tile cutter without rubber feet can skid. It’s irritating and superficial.
Folding base sidebars support wide tiles and give stability when scoring and snapping. Cutting a wide tile off to one side creates uneven leverage. Sidebars allow for a more accurate, less uncomfortable cut.
Horizontal and angle rulers
Many of the greatest manual mat board cutter have built-in measurement instruments to speed up, improve, and maintain accuracy. These features allow repetitive cutting without measuring.
Best mat board cutterhave built-in horizontal rulers for trimming tiles. Some rulers extend to measure tiles that overhang the base.
Angle guidelines are convenient and consistent. Once you know the angle to cut, locate and lock the adjustable guides. You can register the tile against the guide to score and snap accurately.
How To Replace mat board cutter Blade?
Nearly every warehouse has a cutter, often known as a mat board cutter. These knives, which have a short blade and a compact design, may easily cut open cardboard boxes and take off packaging tape and other shipping-related wrappings. Box cutters are frequently built of extremely durable plastic or metal due to the trauma they endure.
mat board cutter are often viewed as disposable by warehouse workers. Workers in the warehouse will often start looking for a new one as soon as the blades begin to wear out. Fortunately, your organization doesn’t have to continually spend money on new box cutter purchases each week. Simply replacing the blade is a straightforward fix. The best thing, though? They frequently include bonuses!
Opening The mat board cutter
Finding out how a box cutter opens is the first step in replacing the blade. In our example, we only need to remove one side screw with a Phillips head screwdriver. Simply take the top off after removing the screw to divide the knife in half.
The actual number of parts in our mat board cutter is just five. The handle, screw, blade, housing for the blade, and a pack of extra blades. We can remove the blade and blade housing from the knife after the blade has been opened.
When you get to this stage, be careful to pay attention to how the knife is positioned in the housing. Once you’ve taken note of this, you can remove the knife from the housing and properly dispose of it.
The spare blades are often contained in a little pack. They frequently arrive in sets of three to five. You should carefully take these blades out of the knife. To avoid getting sliced, locate the
extra blades in the mat board cutter handle. Next, unwrap the blades and take one out of the box. Put the other blades back into the handle once the new one is out.
Next, insert the new blade into the housing in the same manner you did with the old one. This knife’s blades have a two-notch system that must be properly reinstalled into the housing. This gives the blade a wonderful, secure hold.
Putting The mat board cutter Back Together
We should now begin putting the mat board cutter back together. Reinstall the blade and housing in the handle, check that the extra blades are correctly placed, and then reattach the handle’s top to its base. Your mat board cutter will then be in like-new condition when you tighten the screw back into place.
When reinstalling the screw, make sure you tighten it just enough to hold it in place. Overtightening the screw will compress the handle and impede the movement of the blades in the handle. To prevent this, tighten it and then test it by repeatedly opening and closing the mat board cutter to ensure that it is at a comfortable resistance.
3 Features of a mat board cutter
The following characteristics are necessary for a heavy-duty mat board cutter. Don’t buy it if even one component is missing. If you choose a less expensive model made of plastic or with a snap-off blade, it is not worth it because you will wind up spending more money replacing it more frequently.
Finger notch and grip
A handle that is comfortable for your fingers will have a deep notch that will stop your finger from creeping up near the blade as you cut. To prevent your hand from slipping while squeezing through tight materials, it should also feature a secure and non-slip grip.
Spend a little more money to purchase a tool with a metal body because mat board cutter with a plastic body won’t be able to survive continuous use on the job site.
Easy blade change
Frequently, standard box cutters don’t have changeable blades and need a screwdriver to do so. When your mat board cutter blade becomes dull, you can easily replace it using a thumbscrew or finger release instead of searching for a screwdriver. To ensure that you always have extra blades on hand for quick swaps, look for a mat board cutter with a blade storage system.
Ergonomics is a top consideration in our design process. We always look for new ways to make our tools more comfortable and easier to use. This helps cut down on fatigue and reduces overuse injuries. It’s also why several of our tools look different from anything else you’ve ever seen.
Tool-Free Blade Changes
When you need to change a blade, you don’t need another tool to get the job done. You change blades less frequently because our blades last longer, and you change them easily.