Choosing the right metal stud cutter can make all the difference. Whether you’re looking for a precise and effective carving tool or need to cut any materials, have a look through our range of cutters to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Here we review the best metal stud cutter, so you can choose the right cutter for any kind of your work.
List of 10 Best metal stud cutter: Editor’s Choice
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the metal stud cutter to grab the best one.
1. Malco SRC24A Channel Shear with Compound Leverage for Cutting 1-5/8 in. 2-1/2 in. and 3-5/8 in. Steel Studs and Channel
- Clean, precise cuts
- Powerful compound leverage
- Lightweight and portable
- Long, dependable service life
- 3 channel sizes for cutting 1-5/8″, 2-1/2″, and 3-5/8″ (41, 64, 92 mm) studs and matching runners
Additional Info :
2. Greenlee – Stud Punch-Metal (710), Hole Making (710)
- Leading manufacturer of high-quality tools
- Trusted and used by experts, professionals and those who know quality
- Proven and Tested for durabilty and function in real world job site conditions
- Seven US Based Manufacturing Facilities
- United States Workforce
Additional Info :
3. TEMCo Industrial TH0021 Metal Stud Punch – 3 Die Set (7/8″, 1-1/8″, and 1-11/32″) 5 Year Warranty
- 20 ga (1 mm) Steel Punching Capacity. 3 Die Sets for pipe sizes: ½”, ¾”, 1″ (7/8″, 1-1/8″, and 1-11/32″ measured hole sizes). Hardened Tool Steel Punch Dies are guaranteed to outlast generic models.
- Compact, light weight design for field use on construction sites and maintenance jobs.
- NEO-GRIP Neoprene Composite Bonded Grip Material ensures zero handle slippage and efficient force transfer. Compound Lever Linkage reduces effort applied by up to 50%.
- Ram Shaft and Frame Bearing Bore are precision matched for perfect male and female punch die alignment, maximizing wear life. Auto Slug stripping function ejects steel disc after punch cycle is complete.
- 5 Year Warranty from an American name. NON-GENERIC. In-stock, ready to ship.
Additional Info :
4. Current Tools 141 Stud Punch – 1-11/32″ High Leverage Holemaker with Lightweight Aluminum Body & Ergonomic Handle Design
- 20 GAUGE PUNCHING CAPACITY – Punches 1-11/32” hole in steel studs up to 20-Gauge
- SELF-CLEARING – Utilizes a self-clearing mechanism to help avoid punch hang-up
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE – Unique handle design provides comfort while allowing for tight clearances
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN – Features a lightweight aluminum body weighing in at condensed 7 lbs
- MADE IN THE USA – Proudly designed and crafted at our manufacturing facility in Greenville SC
- Stud punch 1-11/32-Inch hole punches steel studs up to 20-Gauge
- Contains a self clearing mechanism to help avoid punch hang up
- Handle is designed to allow for tight clearances
- Self centering on standard width studs and has a lightweight aluminum body
- Capacity minimum stud width 2-1/2-Inch, up to 20-Gauge steel studs
Additional Info :
5. Happybuy CC-100 Industrial Manual Lever Sheet Metal Stud Punch 7/8″, 1-11/32″ Diameter, Metal Stud Hole Punch Dies 0.9″& 1.3″,Steel Stud Puncher Set Manual Knockout Hole Punch Driver Kit 20GA
- Compact Size: This manual tapping machine is equipped with two drill bits, which is compact and easy to carry. It can save space when placed at home, and it will not become a burden when going out.
- Double Drill Bits: The two drill bits can drill 0.9 inch and 1.3 inch holes respectively, which can drill both large diameter holes and small diameter holes, which fully meets daily needs.
- Run Smoothly: Smooth operation, clean hole edges, round and lovely holes, uniform hole size, easy to use, light and effortless.
- Humanized Design: Long handle, easy to use, ergonomic structure, maximizing human capital savings, saving time, with this manual punching machine, drilling worry-free.
- Strong Body: High-quality raw materials, alloy steel body, the quality is lighter than ordinary steel products, but the same hardness, corrosion resistance, careful use can extend the service life.
Additional Info :
|Color||Metal Stud Punch 0.9/1.3 Inch|
6. Metal Stud Crimper Punch Lock Framing Fastening Crimping Single Hand Tool 10″
- Function: Used for fastening metal studs together without screws or rivets
- Maximum Clamping Size: 10mm; Punch Hole Diameter: 6mm
- Reliable Design: The exquisite mechanical structure designed make sures a large output force when operating with one hand.
- Application: Plant construction, office decoration, furniture decoration, shop decoration, tree house frame, etc.
- Potable Size: Small size, easy to carry and store, convenient to use and with good performance.
Additional Info :
7. Muzata 60Pack Hand Swage Threaded Stud Tensioner 1/8″ Cable Railing Kit End Fitting Terminal for 2×2 Metal Post with Cable Cutter Deck SolidSlice System T316 Stainless Steel, CR23 CA6
- Wide Adjustment- This threaded stud tensioner is suitable for 2″x2″ metal and aluminum posts. The overall length of the hardware is 4″, the thread length is 2″. If you use the hand swage fitting on the post smaller than 2″, you can cut off the extra threads with a power cutting tool. Need other end caps to match different styles, please search MUZATA CB15 to find the POM end cap in various colors to make your cable railing project more unique
- Material- This cable railing kit is made of T316 stainless steel, which has excellent resistance to rust and seawater and is ideal for indoor and outdoor, even coastal applications
- SolidSlice system- This hand swage tensioner fitting belongs to the SolidSlice system, which includes everything you need to build a cable railing project: cable railing tensioner Muzata CR23, stemball terminal Muzata CR24, level protector sleeves Muzata CR67, angled protector sleeves, hydraulic crimper and cutter suit Muzata CK12, wire rope Muzata WR02. The angled beveled washer Muzata CR25 is recommended for the stair deck railing application
- Why Choose Us- MUZATA is a leading cable railing manufacturer offering premium products at competitive ex-factory prices. Over years of research on cable railing hardware and industry, MUZATA products have been proven by markets to be high-quality, safe, and reliable. Our experts will provide you with professional planning, designing, and estimating services without extra charges. Please reach us to get FREE DESIGN or After-Sales service. Check Pic-6 to find our contact way.
Additional Info :
8. Stud Earrings for Women Men 925 Sterling Silver Earrings Round Cut 5A Cubic Zirconia Jewelry Birthday Gifts for Women Men
- 💎WHY NINA&NANA💎 Are you looking for something you could wear daily without worrying about losing your $2000 diamond earrings? Are you tired of the $2 glass earrings which may hurt your skin? NINA&NANA Cubic Zirconia Silver Earrings are properly for you.
- 💎CUT💎 The round brilliant cut maximizes light return and sparkle. Thanks to the superior cutting style, proportions, and finish necessary, our skilled stone cutter from Austria can release the stone’s sparkle, brilliance, and beauty. NINA&NANA’s Cubic Zirconia Cut is equivalent to “Excellent”, the term GIA used for the highest cut grade in round brilliant diamonds.
- 💎CARAT & COLOR💎 Carat total weight: 0.9 (0.45 each stone). Optically flawless and colorless – the equivalent to D on a diamond color grading scale – NINA&NANA cubic zirconia possesses less brilliance than a diamond, but more flashes of color.
- 💎CLARITY💎 Inclusions and blemishes aren’t visible on our stone, even under 10x magnification – equivalent to Flawless (FL) on a diamond clarity grading scale. Less than 1% of all diamonds are FL clarity.
- 💎CUSTOMER SERVICE💎 Jewelry box packaging for you to gift it. 30-day money-back guarantee for any reason and 12-month warranty for quality-related issues. NINA&NANA always puts you first.
Additional Info :
|Color||4mm White Gold|
9. Rose Gold Flashed Sterling Silver 5mm Bezel-set Martini Pink Stud Earrings created with European Crystals
- FEATURE – Classy and elegant, these beautiful stud earrings feature 5mm bezel-set stones created with European crystals.
- CRAFTED – The earrings are crafted of fine rose gold flashed sterling silver and are secured by post with friction-backs.
- CARE – Keep from water cosmetics & chemical product. Clean with microfiber cloth
- PACKAGING – Jewelry packaged with a nice pouch ready for gifting.
- ABOUT – We offer a variety of fine fashion gemstone CZ and fine metal jewelry
Additional Info :
|Color||June – Pink|
10. 18g 4-Pack Surgical Steel 2mm Press Fit CZ Fishtail Custom Bend Nose Studs
- This adjustable nose stud can be custom trimmed/cut and bent to best fit your specific piercing. Length: 19mm; CZ Size: 2mm
- Select gauge and CZ color. PLUS receive a second bonus nose ring FREE with purchase! **No promo code necessary – free jewelry will ship with purchase** (Applies to single unit purchases, 4-packs not included in promo)
- Forbidden Body Jewelry nose stud
Additional Info :
|Color||18G 4-Pack AB/Clear/Pink/Aqua|
List of metal stud cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||Malco SRC24A Channel Shear with Compound Leverage for Cutting 1-5/8 in. 2-1/2 in. and 3-5/8 in....||
|2||100 Sets 7 mm x 10 mm Punk Spikes Bullet Cone Spikes Rivets and Metal Studs Screw Back Studs with 3...||
|3||TEMCo Industrial TH0021 Metal Stud Punch - 3 Die Set (7/8", 1-1/8", and 1-11/32") 5 Year Warranty||
|4||Happybuy CC-100 Industrial Manual Lever Sheet Metal Stud Punch 7/8", 1-11/32" Diameter, Metal Stud...||
|5||DeWalt DW8003 14 x 3/32 x 7/64 x 1 Stud Cutter Chop Saw Wheel, Light Metal||
|6||JIFENG Cigar Cutter - Vintage Silver Floral Small Studs Western Engraved - Duty Heavy Metal Cigar...||
|7||Century Drill & Tool 08716 14" X 7/64" Stud Cutter Blade||
|8||Watts Tankless Water Heater Service Valve Kit||
|9||Hurricane 10 Inch Aviation Tin Snips, Straight Cut, Heavy Duty Metal Cutter for Cutting Sheet Metal,...||
|10||Polymer Clay Cookie Cutters – The Clayful Co Mini Floral Flower Stud Pack Set of 10 – Plastic...||
What to Consider When Choosing the Best metal stud cutter
The Best metal stud cutter saves time compared to the automatic cutter. They’re simple to use and produce faultless results. Not all manual metal stud cutterare effective. This section explains how to choose the best cutter.
Using the appropriate tool provides you with an advantage and makes it easier for you to complete your responsibilities. Each wire cutter has a unique feature that makes it appropriate for a certain project type. But every good wire cutter needs to have a few particular traits. When buying a wire cutter, be sure that it:
- Multitask– It should enable you to carry out tasks in addition to cutting wire. You can avoid the inconvenience of needing to purchase numerous instruments for various activities in this way.
- Material: To enable you to do your task with ease, your wire cutter should be manufactured of a durable material that meets safety regulations, such as nickel-chromium, pure stainless steel, etc.
- Has rubber grips: This will lessen the potential of injury from electrical shocks or jerks and assist to prevent the possibility of your wire cutter slipping off your hand.
“metal stud cutter” is a misnomer. Manual tools score and snap tiles rather than cut them. Small, pointed wheels scratch the tile’s surface, creating the perfect location for a clean snap.
Wheel material affects tool performance. Tungsten carbide-tipped wheels endure longer than steel wheels while scoring tiles. Even if you’re only cutting materials for one job, utilizing the same wheel ensures accuracy.
metal stud cutter beds are also crucial. There are some specific characteristics that can improve the usability of your manual metal stud cutter.
metal stud cutter have central ridges. Best manual tile cutters have foam or rubber on either side of the ridge. This foam or rubber creates a nonslip surface that keeps tiles in place while scoring or snapping, improving accuracy and reducing waste.
Foam or rubber supports the tile while absorbing snapping pressure. Without giving, you couldn’t snap tiles cleanly.
You may not notice the characteristics and differences in the bases of different manuals metal stud cutter. Larger tiles benefit from rubber feet and foldable sidebars.
It’s hard to provide continuous downward pressure while scoring larger tiles. On flat surfaces, a tile cutter without rubber feet can skid. It’s irritating and superficial.
Folding base sidebars support wide tiles and give stability when scoring and snapping. Cutting a wide tile off to one side creates uneven leverage. Sidebars allow for a more accurate, less uncomfortable cut.
Horizontal and angle rulers
Many of the greatest manual metal stud cutter have built-in measurement instruments to speed up, improve, and maintain accuracy. These features allow repetitive cutting without measuring.
Best metal stud cutterhave built-in horizontal rulers for trimming tiles. Some rulers extend to measure tiles that overhang the base.
Angle guidelines are convenient and consistent. Once you know the angle to cut, locate and lock the adjustable guides. You can register the tile against the guide to score and snap accurately.
How To Replace metal stud cutter Blade?
Nearly every warehouse has a cutter, often known as a metal stud cutter. These knives, which have a short blade and a compact design, may easily cut open cardboard boxes and take off packaging tape and other shipping-related wrappings. Box cutters are frequently built of extremely durable plastic or metal due to the trauma they endure.
metal stud cutter are often viewed as disposable by warehouse workers. Workers in the warehouse will often start looking for a new one as soon as the blades begin to wear out. Fortunately, your organization doesn’t have to continually spend money on new box cutter purchases each week. Simply replacing the blade is a straightforward fix. The best thing, though? They frequently include bonuses!
Opening The metal stud cutter
Finding out how a box cutter opens is the first step in replacing the blade. In our example, we only need to remove one side screw with a Phillips head screwdriver. Simply take the top off after removing the screw to divide the knife in half.
The actual number of parts in our metal stud cutter is just five. The handle, screw, blade, housing for the blade, and a pack of extra blades. We can remove the blade and blade housing from the knife after the blade has been opened.
When you get to this stage, be careful to pay attention to how the knife is positioned in the housing. Once you’ve taken note of this, you can remove the knife from the housing and properly dispose of it.
The spare blades are often contained in a little pack. They frequently arrive in sets of three to five. You should carefully take these blades out of the knife. To avoid getting sliced, locate the
extra blades in the metal stud cutter handle. Next, unwrap the blades and take one out of the box. Put the other blades back into the handle once the new one is out.
Next, insert the new blade into the housing in the same manner you did with the old one. This knife’s blades have a two-notch system that must be properly reinstalled into the housing. This gives the blade a wonderful, secure hold.
Putting The metal stud cutter Back Together
We should now begin putting the metal stud cutter back together. Reinstall the blade and housing in the handle, check that the extra blades are correctly placed, and then reattach the handle’s top to its base. Your metal stud cutter will then be in like-new condition when you tighten the screw back into place.
When reinstalling the screw, make sure you tighten it just enough to hold it in place. Overtightening the screw will compress the handle and impede the movement of the blades in the handle. To prevent this, tighten it and then test it by repeatedly opening and closing the metal stud cutter to ensure that it is at a comfortable resistance.
3 Features of a metal stud cutter
The following characteristics are necessary for a heavy-duty metal stud cutter. Don’t buy it if even one component is missing. If you choose a less expensive model made of plastic or with a snap-off blade, it is not worth it because you will wind up spending more money replacing it more frequently.
Finger notch and grip
A handle that is comfortable for your fingers will have a deep notch that will stop your finger from creeping up near the blade as you cut. To prevent your hand from slipping while squeezing through tight materials, it should also feature a secure and non-slip grip.
Spend a little more money to purchase a tool with a metal body because metal stud cutter with a plastic body won’t be able to survive continuous use on the job site.
Easy blade change
Frequently, standard box cutters don’t have changeable blades and need a screwdriver to do so. When your metal stud cutter blade becomes dull, you can easily replace it using a thumbscrew or finger release instead of searching for a screwdriver. To ensure that you always have extra blades on hand for quick swaps, look for a metal stud cutter with a blade storage system.
Ergonomics is a top consideration in our design process. We always look for new ways to make our tools more comfortable and easier to use. This helps cut down on fatigue and reduces overuse injuries. It’s also why several of our tools look different from anything else you’ve ever seen.
Tool-Free Blade Changes
When you need to change a blade, you don’t need another tool to get the job done. You change blades less frequently because our blades last longer, and you change them easily.