A mitter cutter is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty, have traditional wheels and ever-so-effective rocker blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material and then run the cutter on it. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
Top 10 Best mitter cutter in 2022
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the mitter cutter to grab the best one.
1. GARTOL Miter Shears- Multifunctional Trunking Shears for Angular Cutting of Moulding and Trim, Adjustable at 45 To 135 Degree, Hand Tools for Cutting Soft Wood, Plastic, PVC, with Replacement blades
- ANTIRUST SK 5 STEEL BLADE Sharp sturdy blade, ideal for cutting chamfer, round molds, trunking and pvc strips, rubber gaskets, molding and weatherstrip.
- HIGH-PRECISION ENGRAVING SCALE Clear and precise scale surface to help you cut accurately. Adjustable slider on the scale surface allows for a 45°-135°cutting angle, free to cut the trunking to different shape when needed.
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED HANDLE Strong and durable integrated handle is made of aluminum alloy and PPC anti-skid cover. Comfortable grip no hand fatigue for long-term use.
- TURN CLASP SAFETY LOCK The turn clasp closure is easy to close and open, safe and convenient, you no need to worry about being accidentally scratched by the blade.
- REPLACEABLE BLADE This trunking scissors set includes additional Spare Sharp heavy duty replaceable blade. Notice this shear is not suitable for cutting metal and stainless steel.
Additional Info :
2. BOSCH GCM12SD 15 Amp 12 Inch Corded Dual-Bevel Sliding Glide Miter Saw with 60 Tooth Saw Blade
- AXIAL GLIDE SYSTEM: patented glide system allows wider cross cuts and better alignment while also being compact, saving you 12 inches of valuable work space
- CAPACITY: expanded cutting capacity, 14 inch horizontal capacity nominal 6 1/2 inch vertical capacity against the fence base 6 1/2 inch crown capacity against the fence 45 spring
- ADJUSTABLE: provides easy adjustments with a large, easy-to-read uniform bevel and stainless steel miter scales with marked detentes and roof pitch angles; Bevel detents: 0, 33.9 degree, 45 degree left/right for accurate cuts; Category’s best 90 percentage dust collection optimized for cutting 2x material with a vacuum
- PRECISION: square lock quick release fences lock fence 90 degree to the table and requires no adjustment, 1 touch lock/unlock to slide fence for added support
- EASE OF USE: upfront bevel controls all metal bevel lock lever and range selector located upfront for quick and easy bevel settings without reaching behind the saw
- INCLUDES: miter saw, (1) 12 inch 60-tooth carbide-tipped blade, (1) wrench, (1) toolless vertical work clamp, (1) dust bag and a vacuum adapter elbow
Additional Info :
3. REEKON M1 Caliber Measuring Tool for Miter, Chop, and Band Saws – Eliminates Need to Measure & Mark Materials, Reduces Cut Time and Increases Safety, Measures Flat & Round Materials
- A BETTER WAY TO MEASURE – The M1 Caliber is a fully integrated, patent-pending, measuring tool that clamps to almost any kind of saw fence and outputs measurements of materials slid underneath its wheel on a large, backlit, LCD screen.
- DIGITIZE YOUR MITER SAW – Using modern technology with a focus on functionality, measure and cut stock materials up to 3 times faster than conventional methods and measuring tools. The M1 Caliber eliminates the need for a tape measure and pencil.
- COMPATIBILITY – Displays both English and Metric measurements and is compatible with most miter, cut-off, chop and vertical band saws. Make miter, bevel, compound, and straight cuts on a variety of materials ranging from boards to composites to pipe.
- INCREASED SAFETY – Whether cutting dimensional lumber to frame out a home, cutting composite planks for decking or putting the finish touches on an interior job, the M1 centralizes measurement related activity to a single location.
- QUICK AND EASY SETUP – Clamp to your saw fence, release the arm, input your blade thickness and begin to cut. Perfect for professionals, contractors, woodworkers and other tradespeople. The M1 will provide the most accurate read on smooth materials.
Additional Info :
4. Lowe Miter Cutter 815-1000 Hand Shear
- An essential tool for any woodworker who needs to cut 45-degree miters in small moldings on a regular basis
- Similar to a garden shear, the built-in fence allows you to cut miter joints quickly, easily, and with accuracy
Additional Info :
5. Terizger Miter Shears for Angular Cutting Molding,Quarter Round Cutting Tool,Multi Angle Miter Shear Cutter for Wood Chips, 0 – 135 Degree Adjustable , with 1 Stainless Steel blade
- ✮ DESIGN TO CUT FREELY AND TRIM This Miter Shears is suitable for wire slot, timber strip, hosepipe, PVC pipe and other light materials at quick cutting. It’s a great helper as a scissor tool using indoors and outdoors, easy to carry.**PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SCISSORS IS NOT SUITABLE FOR CUTTING METAL.
- ✮ WIDE ADJUSTABLE ANGLE This quarter round cutting tool has wide angles that can be adjusted from 0 to 135 degree, which can give you the most help to cut materials into different shapes and to make various splicing.
- ✮ SHARP & DURABLE & SAFE The blade of miter shears is made of high quality carbon steel, and polished finely. This material makes sure of long life of this product. And its sliding block design let the cutting more safer as the hand no need to put near to blade.
- ✮ ANTI-SLIP HANDLE This miter shears handle is designed to be anti-slip, as its handle is covered with frosted face, this design helps you to use this tool more safely and freely.
- ✮ EASY TO REPLACE NEW BLADE Our miter shears is equipped with one brand new replaceable blade within the package. And it is very easy and convenient for an adult to change the old one to a new one. If you have any question or need any help, please feel free to contact us at any time, our service is online 7 X 24 hours.
Additional Info :
|Color||Black & Orange|
6. Skil 10″ Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw – MS6305-00
- POWERFUL 15 AMP MOTOR – Delivers 4,800 RPM for quick, detailed cuts
- DUAL BEVEL – Perform cuts in four positive stop positions at 48° & 45° left, 0°, and 45° right
- LED SHADOW LINE – Provides high precision cuts with greater accuracy than lasers
- 2×12 CUTTING CAPACITY – Cross cuts lumber up to 2×12 at 90 degrees, and 2×8 lumber at 45 degrees
- CUTS AT COMMON ANGLES – Cuts up to 50 degrees left and right with 11 positive stops at most used angles
Additional Info :
7. Tanzfrosch Multi Angle Miter Shear Cutter for Angular Cutting of Moulding and Trim from 45 to 135 Degree Hand Tools for Cutting Soft Wood Plastic PVC with 10 Replacement Blades (12 Pack)
- ★ GOOD DESIGN: 45 -135 Degrees cutting angle with clear marking to adjust free to cut the trunking to different shapes when needed.
- ★ ANTIRUST SK-5 STEEL BLADE: Sharp sturdy blade designed for cutting material thicknesses under 1/4 inch such as chamfer, round molds, trunking and PVC strips, rubber strips, molding, and weatherstrip. (Notice this shear is not suitable for cutting metal).
- ★ HIGH QUALITY: Strong and durable integrated handle is made of aluminum alloy and PPC anti-skid cover. Comfortable grip no hand fatigue for long-term use.
- ★ SAFETY LOCK：The turn clasp closure is easy to close and open, safe and convenient, you don’t need to worry about being accidentally scratched by the blade.
- ★ BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: If any of our products fail to meet your expectations, please get in touch with us and we will try our best to resolve the issue.
Additional Info :
8. Hilitchi Upgraded Multi Angle Miter Shear Cutter Cuts 45 to 135 Degree Miter Snips Cutting Tool for Small Miter Jobs and DIY Projects with 5 Replacement Blades and Spanner
- ✅【PREMIUM STAINLESS STEEL】Stainless steel Quenching treatment, Higher impact toughness and wear resistance with 5pcs SK5 spare blades and 1pc spanner.
- ✅【GOOD PERFORMANCE】45 Degree To 135 Degree, nice and clean cut, with no burrs. Big open mouth design and with clear marking to adjust to the angle you want, for easy and accurate operation. It saves you a lot of trouble to measure the angle you’re trying to cut. Adjustable, convenient, fast and efficient.
- ✅【WIDELY USED】 Miter snips cutting tool for cutting plastic tubing,shoe moulding and most soft items, household decoration, making picture frames, daily tasks work activities or even DIY projects. They’re also known as shear scissors, chamfer, trim, and quarter round cutters.
- ✅【STRONG & EASY TO OPERATE】Miter cutter has a built-in stencil for angle cuts. It cuts smooth and clean. Incredible precision multi angle miter cutter works great for 1/4 rounds cutting, any small miter job or science projects.
- ✅【QUALITY AFTER-SALE SERVICE】If you do not satisfy with our products or if you have any questions, please come to us. We would work out satisfactory solution to all your problems. 12 hours quick response. FREE REPLACEMENT or REFUND within 90days.
9. GRR-RIPPER 3D Pushblock for Table Saws, Router Tables, Band Saws, and Jointers by MICROJIG
- Protect hands and prevent kickback like never before
- Powerful high-friction durable grip for extreme hold
- Precision cutting and control down to 1/4″ Ripping
- Fully adjustable for easy handling
- Work with small stock safely on the table saw, Router table, Jointer, & Band saw
- Designed in USA. A true MICROJIG Innovation.
- 3-Directional Force for total control of the workpiece
- Moving-Blade-Guard Hand protection
- Precise 1/4″ thin rips
- Virtually eliminates kickback
- Work with small stock safely
Additional Info :
10. Multi Angle Miter Shear Cutter Hand Tools,45-135 Degree Adjustable Angle Scissors Trim Shears Tools
- Designed to cuts tile trim, PVC piping, quarter round, tack strip and other light materials.
- Suitable for cutting PVC PPR PE plastic pipe, timber strips, wire, ect. Can’t cut hard wood.
- MULTI DEGREE: The sharp blades have a cutting angle of 45, 60, 75, 90, 105, 120, 135 degrees, allowing you to freely cut differently shaped wire slots when needed.
- HIHG QUALITY: Sturdy steel frame with plastic cover handle for comfortable diagonal cutting, not suitable for cutting metal and stainless steel.
- Non-slip ergonomic handle, time and labour saving, easy to cut.
List of mitter cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||GARTOL Miter Shears- Multifunctional Trunking Shears for Angular Cutting of Moulding and Trim,...||
|2||Terizger Miter Shears for Angular Cutting Molding,Quarter Round Cutting Tool,Multi Angle Miter Shear...||
|3||Red Oak Miter Shears Angular Cutting Molding, Quarter Round Cutting Tool, Multi-Angle Miter Shear...||
|4||Miter Shears for Angular Cutting Molding, Quarter Round Cutting Tool, Trim Cutter Hand Tool, Multi...||
|5||Multi Angle Miter Shear Cutter 0 Degree to 135 Degree Hand Tool||
|6||Gentlecarin Trim Angle Cutter, Mitre Shear, 0° - 135° Multi Angle Gasket Shear Cutter Hand Tools,...||
|7||Ezy Dose Pill Cutter and Splitter with Dispenser, Cuts Pills, Vitamins, Tablets, Stainless Steel...||
|8||Multi Angle Miter Cutter | Blades Shear Multipurpose Hand Tool | 45 to 135 Degrees Miter...||
|9||Multiple Pill Splitter. Original Patented Design, with Accurate Pill Alignment, Sturdy Cutting Blade...||
|10||DUEBEL Miter Shear with Angle Cutting Plate 0 22.5 45 Degree Quarter Round Cutting Tool Angular...||
How to Choose the Best mitter cutter?
To help you pick the best mitter cutter for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a mitter cutter, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry mitter cutter in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most mitter cutter features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all mitter cutter cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. mitter cutters actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut mitter cutter. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourmitter cutter, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most mitter cutter are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic mitter cutter if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated mitter cutter. Hydraulic mitter cutter is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
mitter cutter are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small mitter cutter
Small mitter cutter that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of mitter cutter, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools mitter cutter, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized mitter cutter
Medium-sized mitter cutter range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large mitter cutter
Large mitter cutter that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most mitter cutter are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The mitter cutter may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini mitter cutter or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier mitter cutter offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight mitter cutter is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, mitter cutters with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different mitter cutter are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with heavy-duty job can be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the mitter cutter from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The mitter cutter needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various mitter cutters that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right mitter cutter simple.