A moulding cutter is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty, have traditional wheels and ever-so-effective rocker blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material and then run the cutter on it. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
10 Best moulding cutter Ranked for 2022
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the moulding cutter to grab the best one.
1. GARTOL Miter Shears- Multifunctional Trunking Shears for Angular Cutting of Moulding and Trim, Adjustable at 45 To 135 Degree, Hand Tools for Cutting Soft Wood, Plastic, PVC, with Replacement blades
- ANTIRUST SK 5 STEEL BLADE Sharp sturdy blade, ideal for cutting chamfer, round molds, trunking and pvc strips, rubber gaskets, molding and weatherstrip.
- HIGH-PRECISION ENGRAVING SCALE Clear and precise scale surface to help you cut accurately. Adjustable slider on the scale surface allows for a 45°-135°cutting angle, free to cut the trunking to different shape when needed.
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED HANDLE Strong and durable integrated handle is made of aluminum alloy and PPC anti-skid cover. Comfortable grip no hand fatigue for long-term use.
- TURN CLASP SAFETY LOCK The turn clasp closure is easy to close and open, safe and convenient, you no need to worry about being accidentally scratched by the blade.
- REPLACEABLE BLADE This trunking scissors set includes additional Spare Sharp heavy duty replaceable blade. Notice this shear is not suitable for cutting metal and stainless steel.
Additional Info :
2. Tanzfrosch Multi Angle Miter Shear Cutter for Angular Cutting of Moulding and Trim from 45 to 135 Degree Hand Tools for Cutting Soft Wood Plastic PVC with 10 Replacement Blades (12 Pack)
- ★ GOOD DESIGN: 45 -135 Degrees cutting angle with clear marking to adjust free to cut the trunking to different shapes when needed.
- ★ ANTIRUST SK-5 STEEL BLADE: Sharp sturdy blade designed for cutting material thicknesses under 1/4 inch such as chamfer, round molds, trunking and PVC strips, rubber strips, molding, and weatherstrip. (Notice this shear is not suitable for cutting metal).
- ★ HIGH QUALITY: Strong and durable integrated handle is made of aluminum alloy and PPC anti-skid cover. Comfortable grip no hand fatigue for long-term use.
- ★ SAFETY LOCK：The turn clasp closure is easy to close and open, safe and convenient, you don’t need to worry about being accidentally scratched by the blade.
- ★ BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: If any of our products fail to meet your expectations, please get in touch with us and we will try our best to resolve the issue.
Additional Info :
3. FLORA GUARD Miter Shears – Multifunctional Trunking Shears for Angular Cutting of Moulding and Trim, Hand Tools, Including 2 Spare Blades
- Great for cutting Chamfer, Shoe Molding, Truncking, Plastic and Soft Wood parts
- Sharp blade with new angle adjustable block 45° -135° cutting angle, free to cut the trunking to different shape when needed
- Strong and durable integrated handle is made of aluminum alloy and PPC anti-skid cover. Comfortable grip no hand fatigue for long-term use.
- The turn clasp closure is easy to close and open, safe and convenient, you no need to worry about being accidentally scratched by the blade.
- Sharp, heavy duty replaceable blade, including 2 additional Spare Blade
Additional Info :
4. Gentlecarin Trim Angle Cutter, Mitre Shear, 0° – 135° Multi Angle Gasket Shear Cutter Hand Tools, Adjustable Trunking Shear Scissors for Chamfer, Shoe Moulding, Trunking and Wood Parts
- HEAVY DUTY– High quality stainless steel blade, high hardness, high strength and durability
- HIGH PRECISION-The angle and length scale on the frame help you to select and measure the angle in a very short time, when also increase the precision.
- 0°~135°ADJUSTABLE–45 60 75 90 105 120 135 degree, 7 type of guide adjustment–Simply adjust the guide with the desired angle line on the platform, you will have a perfect miter cut.
- NON SLIP HANDLE–Solid steel frame with plastic cover handle, comfortable to grip miter snips.
- APPLICATION SCOPE — flexible packaging repair, plastic glue, PVC wiring duct, decorative wood, polyurethane etc
Additional Info :
5. Woodstock D1701 3-Inch Moulding Head System Cutter head with 1-Inch Bore
- 3-Inch Diameter
- 3-Inch Long
- Accepts 2 inch and 3 inch Knives
Additional Info :
6. Miter Shears- Trunking Shears for Angular Cutting of Moulding and Trim at 45 Degree, 60, 90 Degree Angles, by American Heritage Industries
- MITER SHEARS- Perfectly cut trim and other materials at up to a 45 degree angles to create clean joints; Designed to cut moulding, trim, plastic tubing, tack strip, quarter round, and any light material
- TRIM SHEARS- The angle cutters come with angle markings and adjustable holder to properly place your moulding at the desired angle
- SHOE MOULDING CUTTERS- Made with durable, high quality stainless steel, these shoe mould shears will last for years, and will continue to be the ideal home improvement tool
- AMBIDEXTROUS- The design of this blade makes it easy to use with either the left or the right hand; It locks simply and easily for safety and blade preservation
- QUALITY GUARANTEED- This American Heritage Industry product comes with our satisfaction guarantee; If you have any issues at all we will remedy the situation
7. Miter Shear, Multi Angle Miter Shear Cutter Cuts 45 to 135 Degree with 5 Replacement Blades, Miter Shear Cutter for Angular Cutting and Trimming of Trunking and PVC Strips
- 【Wide Application】- Note: this shear is not suitable for cutting wood or soft material(such as cardboard, carpet or soft plastic board). Miter shear is designed for cutting hard material(thickness under 1/4 inch), such as trunking and PVC strips, molding, and weatherstrip.
- 【Multi Angle】- 45 to 135 degrees, clean and tidy cut, no burrs. Large opening design, and with clear marks, the angle can be adjusted as needed to achieve simple and accurate operation.
- 【Premium Stainless Steel】- The stainless steel blade is quenched, which has higher impact toughness and wear resistance. It is not easy to break or fall off during use.
- 【Safe and Convenien】- The rotary lock is easy to close and open, safe and convenient, you don’t need to worry about accidental scratching. It is comfortable to hold and suitable for long-term use.
- 【Replaceable Blades】- The miter shear kit includes 5 extra spare sharp and heavy duty replaceable blades. Please note that this miter shear cutter is not suitable for cutting metal or stainless steel.
Additional Info :
8. Miter Shears, Multi -functional cutting, Wood Cutter, 45 To 135 Degree Adjustable Angle Scissors Trim Cutter Hand Tool, with 1 Replacement Blades and 1 Spanner
- ①【Premium stainless steel】antirust SK-5 steel blade, Higher impact toughness, shearing strong, durable and replaceable with 1pc SK5 spare blade and 1pc spanner.
- ②【Good performance】45 Degree To 135 Degree, nice and clean cut, with no burrs. Big open mouth design and with clear marking to adjust to the angle you want, for easy and accurate operation. Ergonomic handles to let it easy to use and not easy to slip. It saves you a lot of trouble to measure the angle you’re trying to cut. Adjustable, convenient, fast and efficient.
- ③【Widely used】 Miter snips cutting tool for cutting plastic pipes, household decoration, making picture frames, any plastic products, any angle trunk, daily tasks work activities or even DIY projects. They’re also known as shear scissors, chamfer, trim, and quarter round cutters. But please attention, please DO NOT cut the steel materials.
- ④【Safe & Easy to Use】Safety Lock is for your safety and Convenience. The Turn Clasp Is easy to close and open. safe and convenient, you no need to worry about being accidentally scratched by the blade. Comfortable Grip for long-term use.
- ⑤【Quality after-sale service】If you do not satisfy with our products or if you have any questions, please come to us. We would work out satisfactory solution to all your problems. 12 hours quick response. FREE REPLACEMENT or REFUND within 90days.
Additional Info :
9. Terizger Miter Shears for Angular Cutting Molding,Quarter Round Cutting Tool,Multi Angle Miter Shear Cutter for Wood Chips, 0 – 135 Degree Adjustable , with 1 Stainless Steel blade
- ✮ DESIGN TO CUT FREELY AND TRIM This Miter Shears is suitable for wire slot, timber strip, hosepipe, PVC pipe and other light materials at quick cutting. It’s a great helper as a scissor tool using indoors and outdoors, easy to carry.**PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SCISSORS IS NOT SUITABLE FOR CUTTING METAL.
- ✮ WIDE ADJUSTABLE ANGLE This quarter round cutting tool has wide angles that can be adjusted from 0 to 135 degree, which can give you the most help to cut materials into different shapes and to make various splicing.
- ✮ SHARP & DURABLE & SAFE The blade of miter shears is made of high quality carbon steel, and polished finely. This material makes sure of long life of this product. And its sliding block design let the cutting more safer as the hand no need to put near to blade.
- ✮ ANTI-SLIP HANDLE This miter shears handle is designed to be anti-slip, as its handle is covered with frosted face, this design helps you to use this tool more safely and freely.
- ✮ EASY TO REPLACE NEW BLADE Our miter shears is equipped with one brand new replaceable blade within the package. And it is very easy and convenient for an adult to change the old one to a new one. If you have any question or need any help, please feel free to contact us at any time, our service is online 7 X 24 hours.
Additional Info :
|Color||Black & Orange|
10. ASA Ratched Multi Angle Miter Shear Cutter
Additional Info :
List of moulding cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||GARTOL Miter Shears- Multifunctional Trunking Shears for Angular Cutting of Moulding and Trim,...||
|2||Tanzfrosch Multi Angle Miter Shear Cutter for Angular Cutting of Moulding and Trim from 45 to 135...||
|3||TOWOT Sharp Multi Angle Miter Shear Cutter, Adjustable at 45 To 135 Degree With Safety Lock Hand...||
|4||Ronan Multi-Cut 401 Cutting Tool - Wood, Box, Branch, Plant, Plastic, Rope, Leather, Linoleum,...||
|5||Multi Angle Miter Shear Cutter - Multifunctional Trunking Shears for Angular Cutting of Moulding and...||
|6||Miter Shears,Multi Angle Cutter,Miter Snips Cutting Tool for Angular Cutting of Moulding and...||
|7||Gentlecarin Trim Angle Cutter, Mitre Shear, 0° - 135° Multi Angle Gasket Shear Cutter Hand Tools,...||
|8||Woodstock D1701 3-Inch Moulding Head System Cutter head with 1-Inch Bore||
|9||Woodstock D1700 2-Inch Moulding Head System Cutter head with 3/4-Inch Bore||
|10||Miter Shears- Trunking Shears for Angular Cutting of Moulding and Trim at 45 Degree, 60, 90 Degree...||
How to Choose the Best moulding cutter?
To help you pick the best moulding cutter for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a moulding cutter, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry moulding cutter in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most moulding cutter features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all moulding cutter cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. moulding cutters actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut moulding cutter. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourmoulding cutter, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most moulding cutter are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic moulding cutter if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated moulding cutter. Hydraulic moulding cutter is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
moulding cutter are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small moulding cutter
Small moulding cutter that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of moulding cutter, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools moulding cutter, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized moulding cutter
Medium-sized moulding cutter range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large moulding cutter
Large moulding cutter that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most moulding cutter are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The moulding cutter may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini moulding cutter or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier moulding cutter offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight moulding cutter is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, moulding cutters with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different moulding cutter are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with a heavy-duty job can be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the moulding cutter from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The moulding cutter needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various moulding cutters that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right moulding cutter simple.