The market is saturated with cutters, both manual and electric. It can be quite overwhelming to choose an appropriate tool for any specific job, especially if you’re not a pro. For example, an amateur will certainly struggle when dealing with a small cutter. For that reason alone, cutting experts from all over the world take great care when choosing the right cutter.
Today, we have for you a selection of the best multi tool electrical box cutter tools that you can buy this year. And to make sure that you settle on just the right device, we’ve even included a handy buyers’ guide at the end.
List of 10 Best multi tool electrical box cutter: Tested by Experts
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the multi tool electrical box cutter to grab the best one.
1. Jonard Tools EBC-400 Power Oscillating Multi-Tool Single Gang Electrical Wall Outlet Cutter
- QUICK & EASY: Cuts through drywall in seconds, making this the fastest and easiest tool to use for installing single gang electrical boxes
- PRECISION CUTTING: Creates a 2-3/8″ x 3-3/4″ hole in drywall, perfect for installing plastic, metal, or low voltage electrical boxes
- VERSATILE USE: Compatible with most industry-standard oscillating multi-tools
- HIGH DURABILITY: Constructed from stamped steel for long life and durability
- NOTE: For use with 18V, 20V or corded oscillating multi-tools. Does not work with 12V multi-tools.
Additional Info :
2. Square Slot Cutter Rectangle Electric Box Cutter Single Gang Oscillating Drywall Outlet Cutout Stainless Steel Multi Tool Electrical Box Cutter (Black)
- 【Size】The rectangle slot cutter size is 9.5*6*3.8cm（3-3/4″ H x 2-3/8″ W x 1-1/2″ D）.They are very suitable for plastic, metal or low-voltage electrical box installation.
- 【Material】High quality stainless steel construction and laser cutting technology for durability and long life.
- 【Quickly and Effortlessly】Cut-in single and double gang boxes quickly and effortlessly. Four blades are cutting at the same time, fast and simple, and the cutting surface is very smooth and tidy.
- 【Use of Safe】The bits provide greater stability and less vibration during use.Compatible with most industry standard oscillating multi-tools in the market.
- 【Wide Compatibilit】Used for drilling, installation of the drawer door spherical tip, tip, slat wall boards, plastic products, wood, plywood, etc.
Additional Info :
3. Square Slot Cutter, 2PCS Stainless Square Rectangle Milling Cutter Carving, One Step in Place Stainless Steel Slot Cutter for Plastic Metal or Low-Voltage Electrical Boxes mounting Compatible
- 🔧【Quickly and Effortlessly】Cut-in single and double gang boxes quickly and effortlessly. Four blades are cutting at the same time, fast and simple, and the cutting surface is very smooth and tidy.High quality stainless steel construction for durability and long life.
- 🔧【Precise Cutting】Square :4.01×4.01×1.57 in, 180 g /0.39 Ib. Rectangle: 3.74×2.44×1.57 in, 110 g /0.24 Ib.Precisely create a single gang size in the drywall, perfect for plastic, metal or low-voltage electrical boxes mounting. Fine and clean cutting makes the socket installation easier.
- 🔧【High Efficiency and Safe Tool】 Tongue and groove set are using for hand making a drawer or other woodworking,cutters to slice smoothly into stock producing clean, splinter free. it won’t cut wires and easy to use.
- 🔧【Wide Compatibility】Compatible with most industry standard oscillating multi-tools in the market. Make single gang or double gang rectangular holes in drywall for wall boxes such as high and low voltage tech, electrician, telephone, etc.Suitable for plasterboard, dry wall etc.
- 🔧【Strong and Durable】balanced craftsmanship and a solid hardened steel board these woodworking tools can withstand some heavy duty use and the test of time. Their clever anti kickback design ensures safe installation.
4. QBit SQ1000-S + SQ1000-D Saw Blade cut-in 1 & 2 gang Retrofit wall boxes Oscillating Tool Q-Bit
- Cuts-in Single and Double Gang Boxes Quickly and Effortlessly – eXact Cut Every Time
- 1 Gang Size: 2-3/8 x 3-3/4 — 2 Gang Size: 3-3/4″ x 4″ — Safe to use – won’t cut wires or you and simple to train techs
- Requires 18V,20V or Corded Oscillating Multi-Tool (some need an adapter) – Note: Will not work on 12V Systems
- High-Quality Stainless Steel Construction – American engineered and Made in the USA
- Note: Re-packages both blades into 1 clamshell
Additional Info :
5. Yajuhoy Square Slot Cutter,Stainless Steel Square Slot Cutter Oscillating Tool for Drywall,Wood,Electrical Boxes (Square+Rectangle)
- QUICKLY AND EFFORTLESSLY:Insert single and double boxes quickly and easily. Four blades cut at the same time, and the cutting surface is very smooth and clean. The fine and clean cut makes the installation process easier.
- DURABLE AND LONG-LASTING:High quality stainless steel construction and laser cutting technology for durability and long life, High-quality stainless steel structure and laser cutting technology, durable and long service life.
- PRECISE CUTTING:Create a single gang size of 2-3/8” x 3-3/4” or double gang size of 3-3/4” x 4” in the drywall, perfect for mounting plastic, metal, or low-voltage electrical boxes.
- WIEDLY COMPATIBLE: Compatible with most industry standard oscillating multi-tools in the market, such as Dewalt, Dremel, Makita, Porter Cable, Ridgid, Rockwell, Fein Multimaster, Ryobi, Milwaukee, Chicago, Genesis, Craftsman etc. Suitable for plasterboard, dry wall ,wood,electrical boxes etc.
- VARIOUS USED: Make single or double rectangular holes in drywall for wall boxes such as high and low voltage tech, electrician, telephone, alarm/ security, CCTV/ IP camera, antenna, automation, home-theater including CEDIA members, HAVC, drywall contractor/ installer.
Additional Info :
6. Selaginella 2 pcs one Step in Place Stainless Steel Square Slot Cutter for Electrical Box Drywall Outlet Cutout Tool oscillating Square Blade for Drywall, Plastic Metal, Wood (Rectangle + Square)
- 【Efficient tool】：Quickly cut into single-row and double-row boxes, smooth and flat cutting surface, saving you a lot of time
- 【Durable】: made of high-quality stainless steel, strong and difficult to use, not easy to damage
- 【Compatibility】：Compatible with most industry standard oscillating multi-tools on the market.
- 【Usage Scenarios】：Accurately create a single-group size of 2-3/8” x 3-3/4” or a double-group size of 3-3/4” x 4” on the dry wall, which is very suitable for plastic, metal or low-voltage electrical Box installation.
- 【Warranty】: If you have any problems in the use, please contact us
Additional Info :
7. Square Slot Cutter， Stainless Steel Drywall, Slot Cutter， Square Hole Cutter for Sheetrock Wood Dry Wall Electrical Boxes, Compatible with Most Industry Standard Oscillating Tool
- 【SQUARE SLOT CUTTER 2 PIECE SET】The package includes 2 square slot cutters with 4 blades, their sizes are: single gang size of 2-3/8 in x 3-3/4 in; double gang size of 3- 3/4 in x 4 in. The square drywall cutter is made of high-quality stainless steel, which is sturdy and durable.
- 【WIDE COMPATIBILITY】The square drywall slotting tool is compatible with most 18v, 20v vibration multi-function tools on the market, such as: Dremel, Makita, Porter Cable, Ridgid, Rockwell, Fein Multimaster, Ryobi, Milwaukee, Chicago, Genesis, Craftsman.
- 【SUITABLE FOR CUTTING VARIETY MATERIALS】The square slot cutter can be used not only for cutting gypsum boards, but also for wood panel, blue bricks, and soft metals. The stainless steel blade of the square slot cutter can cut the socket slot accurately and quickly. The drywall cutting tool with 4 blade has no sparks or splashed debris, which is extremely safe.
- 【MULTI-PURPOSE TOOL】The sharp square slotting blade can be used for cutting electrical wall socket slots, installing low-voltage electrical boxes, etc. The unbreakable and durable stainless steel square slot cutter is an indispensable tool for professional installers or families. Two commonly used sizes can complete most of the slotting work.
- 【Quality Guarantee】: If you have any quality with our Square Slot Cutter, Please contact us, we will give a satisfactory solution.
8. Electrical Box Cutout Saw for Oscillating Multitools, Drywall Cutting Tool for Single Gang Boxes, Drywall Cutter, Sheetrock & Drywall Cutout Tool, Drywall Outlet Cutout, Square Slot Cutter
- 🔩【Tips】Please don’t cut the cement wall, brick, hard metal. Requires 18V,20V Or Corded Oscillating Multi-Tool Will, Not Work On 12 Volt Systems
- 🔩【Quickly And Effortlessly 】Insert Single And Double Boxes Quickly And Easily. Four Blades Cut At The Same Time, Fast And Simple, And The Cutting Surface Is Very Smooth And Clean. The Fine And Clean Cut Makes The Socket Installation Easier.
- 🔩【Strong And Durable】High Quality Stainless Steel Construction And Laser Cutting Technology For Durability And Long Life
- 🔩【Widely Use】 Compatible With Most Industry Standard Oscillating Multi-Tools In The Market, Such As Dewalt, Dremel, Makita, Porter Cable, Ridgid, Rockwell, Fein Multimaster, Ryobi, Milwaukee, Chicago, Genesis, Craftsman, Starlock Etc.
- 🔩【Fast And Convenient Operation】Low Voltage Tools, Make Single Gang Or Double Gang Rectangular Holes In Drywall For Wall Boxes Such As High And Low Voltage Tech, Electrician, Telephone, Alarm/ Security, Cctv/ Ip Camera, Antenna, Automation, Home-Theater Including Cedia Members, Havc, Drywall Contractor/ Installer, Etc.
Additional Info :
9. Square Slot Cutter, 2PCS Stainless Square Slot Cutter Rectangle Slot Cutter, Socket Slot Cutter Carving One Step in Place for Plastic Metal or Low-Voltage Electrical Boxes Mounting (Rectangle+ Square)
- 【SAFE TO USE】Embedded cutting design on the rectangle, square slot cutter oscillating tool, making the bits provide greater stability and less vibration during use that protects you from sparks and drywall chips while working. The square cutter also avoids accidentally hurting yourself or others with the blade during the cutting process, making the operation much safer
- 【ACCURATE CUTTING】The square slot cutter oscillating tool is designed to cut square hold. Our square slot cutter has two sizes for you to choose from square and rectangle. The slot cutter’s cutting surface is flat and smooth, which can help you accurately install low-voltage electrical boxes and sockets and no damage to the trim and wall. Furthermore, procut slot cutter is perfect for plastic, metal, or low-voltage electrical boxes mounting
- 【QUICKLY AND EFFORTLESSLY】Owing to the sharp serrated design, the square slot cutter becomes more smoother and stable. And the drywall outlet cutout can quickly and easily cut into single or double gang boxes, which ensures accurate cutting. The socket slot cutter also provides fast material removal, saving your time and effort for bending work. The slot cutter of fine and clean-cut makes the socket installation easier
- 【PREMIUM AND DURABLE DESIGN】The square slot cutter were well manufactured with exquisite and high-quality workmanship. Our rectangle, square slot cutter for electrical boxes are made of special technology and thick metal, the stainless blades of the socket slot cutter are sharp, strong, wear-resistant for a long-lasting time
- 【UNIVERSAL COMPATIBLE FOR OSCILLATING TOOLS】The universal interface system of the square slot cutter for electrical boxes is designed to be compatible with most industry-standard oscillating multi-tools in the market. Our rectangle, square slot cutter drywall is a great solution for cutting plasterboard, wood, and soft metal
Additional Info :
10. Qbit SQ1000-S
- Specifically Designed to Cut-In Plastic 1-gang boxes (See Size Chart)
- Requires 18V,20V or corded oscillating Multi-Tool Will Not Work on 12 Volt Systems
- Safe to use – won’t cut wires or you & simple to train techs
- Stainless steel construction/American engineered & made in the USA
Additional Info :
List of multi tool electrical box cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||Selaginella 2 pcs one Step in Place Stainless Steel Square Slot Cutter for Electrical Box Drywall...||
|2||Stainless Square Slot-Cutter Compatible-oscillating Multi-Tools - one Step in Placecutting Cutout...||
|3||Jonard Tools EBC-400 Power Oscillating Multi-Tool Single Gang Electrical Wall Outlet Cutter||
|4||Square Slot Cutter Rectangle Electric Box Cutter Single Gang Oscillating Stainless Steel Multi Tool...||
|5||Square Slot Cutter One Step in Place Stainless Steel Precise Cutting Quickly with Standard...||
|6||Mempa Square Slot Cutter Square Rectangle Milling Cutter Carving Quickly for Plastic Metal or...||
|7||Square Slot Cutter, 2PCS Stainless Square Rectangle Milling Cutter Carving, One Step in Place...||
|8||Rectangle Slot Cutter High Speed Steel Saw Blade Safe Electric Box Slot Cutting Blades Oscillating...||
|9||Slice - 10400 Box Cutter, 3 Position Manual Button with Ceramic Blade, Locking blade||
|10||APT/EZ-Cut Level Template 53-315 + QBit SQ1000-S-BK + SQ1000-D-BK Oscillating Tool Saw Blades 1 & 2...||
What to Consider When Choosing the Best multi tool electrical box cutter
The Best multi tool electrical box cutter saves time compared to the automatic cutter. They’re simple to use and produce faultless results. Not all manual multi tool electrical box cutterare effective. This section explains how to choose the best cutter.
Using the appropriate tool provides you with an advantage and makes it easier for you to complete your responsibilities. Each wire cutter has a unique feature that makes it appropriate for a certain project type. But every good wire cutter needs to have a few particular traits. When buying a wire cutter, be sure that it:
- Multitask– It should enable you to carry out tasks in addition to cutting wire. You can avoid the inconvenience of needing to purchase numerous instruments for various activities in this way.
- Material: To enable you to do your task with ease, your wire cutter should be manufactured of a durable material that meets safety regulations, such as nickel-chromium, pure stainless steel, etc.
- Has rubber grips: This will lessen the potential of injury from electrical shocks or jerks and assist to prevent the possibility of your wire cutter slipping off your hand.
“multi tool electrical box cutter” is a misnomer. Manual tools score and snap tiles rather than cut them. Small, pointed wheels scratch the tile’s surface, creating the perfect location for a clean snap.
Wheel material affects tool performance. Tungsten carbide-tipped wheels endure longer than steel wheels while scoring tiles. Even if you’re only cutting materials for one job, utilizing the same wheel ensures accuracy.
multi tool electrical box cutter beds are also crucial. There are some specific characteristics that can improve the usability of your manual multi tool electrical box cutter.
multi tool electrical box cutter have central ridges. Best manual tile cutters have foam or rubber on either side of the ridge. This foam or rubber creates a nonslip surface that keeps tiles in place while scoring or snapping, improving accuracy and reducing waste.
Foam or rubber supports the tile while absorbing snapping pressure. Without giving, you couldn’t snap tiles cleanly.
You may not notice the characteristics and differences in the bases of different manuals multi tool electrical box cutter. Larger tiles benefit from rubber feet and foldable sidebars.
It’s hard to provide continuous downward pressure while scoring larger tiles. On flat surfaces, a tile cutter without rubber feet can skid. It’s irritating and superficial.
Folding base sidebars support wide tiles and give stability when scoring and snapping. Cutting a wide tile off to one side creates uneven leverage. Sidebars allow for a more accurate, less uncomfortable cut.
Horizontal and angle rulers
Many of the greatest manual multi tool electrical box cutter have built-in measurement instruments to speed up, improve, and maintain accuracy. These features allow repetitive cutting without measuring.
Best multi tool electrical box cutterhave built-in horizontal rulers for trimming tiles. Some rulers extend to measure tiles that overhang the base.
Angle guidelines are convenient and consistent. Once you know the angle to cut, locate and lock the adjustable guides. You can register the tile against the guide to score and snap accurately.
How To Replace multi tool electrical box cutter Blade?
Nearly every warehouse has a cutter, often known as a multi tool electrical box cutter. These knives, which have a short blade and a compact design, may easily cut open cardboard boxes and take off packaging tape and other shipping-related wrappings. Box cutters are frequently built of extremely durable plastic or metal due to the trauma they endure.
multi tool electrical box cutter are often viewed as disposable by warehouse workers. Workers in the warehouse will often start looking for a new one as soon as the blades begin to wear out. Fortunately, your organization doesn’t have to continually spend money on new box cutter purchases each week. Simply replacing the blade is a straightforward fix. The best thing, though? They frequently include bonuses!
Opening The multi tool electrical box cutter
Finding out how a box cutter opens is the first step in replacing the blade. In our example, we only need to remove one side screw with a Phillips head screwdriver. Simply take the top off after removing the screw to divide the knife in half.
The actual number of parts in our multi tool electrical box cutter is just five. The handle, screw, blade, housing for the blade, and a pack of extra blades. We can remove the blade and blade housing from the knife after the blade has been opened.
When you get to this stage, be careful to pay attention to how the knife is positioned in the housing. Once you’ve taken note of this, you can remove the knife from the housing and properly dispose of it.
The spare blades are often contained in a little pack. They frequently arrive in sets of three to five. You should carefully take these blades out of the knife. To avoid getting sliced, locate the
extra blades in the multi tool electrical box cutter handle. Next, unwrap the blades and take one out of the box. Put the other blades back into the handle once the new one is out.
Next, insert the new blade into the housing in the same manner you did with the old one. This knife’s blades have a two-notch system that must be properly reinstalled into the housing. This gives the blade a wonderful, secure hold.
Putting The multi tool electrical box cutter Back Together
We should now begin putting the multi tool electrical box cutter back together. Reinstall the blade and housing in the handle, check that the extra blades are correctly placed, and then reattach the handle’s top to its base. Your multi tool electrical box cutter will then be in like-new condition when you tighten the screw back into place.
When reinstalling the screw, make sure you tighten it just enough to hold it in place. Overtightening the screw will compress the handle and impede the movement of the blades in the handle. To prevent this, tighten it and then test it by repeatedly opening and closing the multi tool electrical box cutter to ensure that it is at a comfortable resistance.
3 Features of a multi tool electrical box cutter
The following characteristics are necessary for a heavy-duty multi tool electrical box cutter. Don’t buy it if even one component is missing. If you choose a less expensive model made of plastic or with a snap-off blade, it is not worth it because you will wind up spending more money replacing it more frequently.
Finger notch and grip
A handle that is comfortable for your fingers will have a deep notch that will stop your finger from creeping up near the blade as you cut. To prevent your hand from slipping while squeezing through tight materials, it should also feature a secure and non-slip grip.
Spend a little more money to purchase a tool with a metal body because multi tool electrical box cutter with a plastic body won’t be able to survive continuous use on the job site.
Easy blade change
Frequently, standard box cutters don’t have changeable blades and need a screwdriver to do so. When your multi tool electrical box cutter blade becomes dull, you can easily replace it using a thumbscrew or finger release instead of searching for a screwdriver. To ensure that you always have extra blades on hand for quick swaps, look for a multi tool electrical box cutter with a blade storage system.
Ergonomics is a top consideration in our design process. We always look for new ways to make our tools more comfortable and easier to use. This helps cut down on fatigue and reduces overuse injuries. It’s also why several of our tools look different from anything else you’ve ever seen.
Tool-Free Blade Changes
When you need to change a blade, you don’t need another tool to get the job done. You change blades less frequently because our blades last longer, and you change them easily.