A outlet cutter is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty, have traditional wheels and ever-so-effective rocker blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material and then run the cutter on it. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
Top 10 Best outlet cutter: Our Picks
1. Jonard Tools EBC-400 Power Oscillating Multi-Tool Single Gang Electrical Wall Outlet Cutter
- QUICK & EASY: Cuts through drywall in seconds, making this the fastest and easiest tool to use for installing single gang electrical boxes
- PRECISION CUTTING: Creates a 2-3/8″ x 3-3/4″ hole in drywall, perfect for installing plastic, metal, or low voltage electrical boxes
- VERSATILE USE: Compatible with most industry-standard oscillating multi-tools
- HIGH DURABILITY: Constructed from stamped steel for long life and durability
- NOTE: For use with 18V, 20V or corded oscillating multi-tools. Does not work with 12V multi-tools.
Additional Info :
2. QBit SQ1000-S + SQ1000-D Saw Blade cut-in 1 & 2 gang Retrofit wall boxes Oscillating Tool Q-Bit
- Cuts-in Single and Double Gang Boxes Quickly and Effortlessly – eXact Cut Every Time
- 1 Gang Size: 2-3/8 x 3-3/4 — 2 Gang Size: 3-3/4″ x 4″ — Safe to use – won’t cut wires or you and simple to train techs
- Requires 18V,20V or Corded Oscillating Multi-Tool (some need an adapter) – Note: Will not work on 12V Systems
- High-Quality Stainless Steel Construction – American engineered and Made in the USA
- Note: Re-packages both blades into 1 clamshell
Additional Info :
3. Selaginella 2 pcs one Step in Place Stainless Steel Square Slot Cutter for Electrical Box Drywall Outlet Cutout Tool oscillating Square Blade for Drywall, Plastic Metal, Wood (Rectangle + Square)
- 【Efficient tool】：Quickly cut into single-row and double-row boxes, smooth and flat cutting surface, saving you a lot of time
- 【Durable】: made of high-quality stainless steel, strong and difficult to use, not easy to damage
- 【Compatibility】：Compatible with most industry standard oscillating multi-tools on the market.
- 【Usage Scenarios】：Accurately create a single-group size of 2-3/8” x 3-3/4” or a double-group size of 3-3/4” x 4” on the dry wall, which is very suitable for plastic, metal or low-voltage electrical Box installation.
- 【Warranty】: If you have any problems in the use, please contact us
Additional Info :
4. Qbit SQ1000-S
- Specifically Designed to Cut-In Plastic 1-gang boxes (See Size Chart)
- Requires 18V,20V or corded oscillating Multi-Tool Will Not Work on 12 Volt Systems
- Safe to use – won’t cut wires or you & simple to train techs
- Stainless steel construction/American engineered & made in the USA
Additional Info :
5. DEWALT 20V MAX* Drywall Cutting Tool, Cut-Out, Tool Only (DCS551B)
- 26,000 RPM motor of the drywall cutting tool delivers fast cutting in drywall, acoustical ceiling tiles, plywood, etc.
- The drywall tool features tool-free for fast and easy bit changing without a wrench
- Dust-sealed switch protects against dust ingestion for longer tool life of DEWALT drywall cutout tool
- Bright LED light illuminates dark work surfaces for accurate cutting
Additional Info :
6. Square Slot Cutter Rectangle Electric Box Cutter Single Gang Oscillating Drywall Outlet Cutout Stainless Steel Multi Tool Electrical Box Cutter (Black)
- 【Size】The rectangle slot cutter size is 9.5*6*3.8cm（3-3/4″ H x 2-3/8″ W x 1-1/2″ D）.They are very suitable for plastic, metal or low-voltage electrical box installation.
- 【Material】High quality stainless steel construction and laser cutting technology for durability and long life.
- 【Quickly and Effortlessly】Cut-in single and double gang boxes quickly and effortlessly. Four blades are cutting at the same time, fast and simple, and the cutting surface is very smooth and tidy.
- 【Use of Safe】The bits provide greater stability and less vibration during use.Compatible with most industry standard oscillating multi-tools in the market.
- 【Wide Compatibilit】Used for drilling, installation of the drawer door spherical tip, tip, slat wall boards, plastic products, wood, plywood, etc.
Additional Info :
7. 2 PCS Stainless Square Slot Cutter Square Rectangle Slot Cutter Universal Open-Backed Holes Opener Tool for Plastic oscillating Tool Saw Blade for Single Gang Outlet Box(Rectangle + Square)
- Easy to use: this slot cutter square hole cutter can quickly and easily cut into single and double row boxes, while its smooth and neat cutting surface can precisely cut the desired size, making socket installation easier.
- Sufficient to replace: the set contains a total of 2 slot cutters, size is about 9.5 x 9.5 x 4 cm/ 9.5 x 6.5 x 4 cm, compatible with most cutting tool tools.
- Precise cutting: this oscillating cutter tool is finely crafted to create the right single-row size or double-row size precisely on drywall, helping you to install low-voltage electrical boxes, outlets and so on, precisely in the right place.
- Sturdy and stubborn: with quality stainless steel material, this slot cutter is wear-resistant, strong, sturdy, no rust, not easy to break, can serve you for a long time; With fine workmanship and advanced silver, it looks beautiful.
- Precautions： Requires 18V,20V, or corded oscillating Multi-Tool Will Not Work on 12 Volt Systems, Some tools need to be adapted to the multi-purpose tool, and they are fitted between the machine and this hole-opening tool.
Additional Info :
8. Square Slot Cutter， Stainless Steel Drywall, Slot Cutter， Square Hole Cutter for Sheetrock Wood Dry Wall Electrical Boxes, Compatible with Most Industry Standard Oscillating Tool
- 【SQUARE SLOT CUTTER 2 PIECE SET】The package includes 2 square slot cutters with 4 blades, their sizes are: single gang size of 2-3/8 in x 3-3/4 in; double gang size of 3- 3/4 in x 4 in. The square drywall cutter is made of high-quality stainless steel, which is sturdy and durable.
- 【WIDE COMPATIBILITY】The square drywall slotting tool is compatible with most 18v, 20v vibration multi-function tools on the market, such as: Dremel, Makita, Porter Cable, Ridgid, Rockwell, Fein Multimaster, Ryobi, Milwaukee, Chicago, Genesis, Craftsman.
- 【SUITABLE FOR CUTTING VARIETY MATERIALS】The square slot cutter can be used not only for cutting gypsum boards, but also for wood panel, blue bricks, and soft metals. The stainless steel blade of the square slot cutter can cut the socket slot accurately and quickly. The drywall cutting tool with 4 blade has no sparks or splashed debris, which is extremely safe.
- 【MULTI-PURPOSE TOOL】The sharp square slotting blade can be used for cutting electrical wall socket slots, installing low-voltage electrical boxes, etc. The unbreakable and durable stainless steel square slot cutter is an indispensable tool for professional installers or families. Two commonly used sizes can complete most of the slotting work.
- 【Quality Guarantee】: If you have any quality with our Square Slot Cutter, Please contact us, we will give a satisfactory solution.
9. Square Slot Cutter, 2PCS Stainless Square Slot Cutter Rectangle Slot Cutter, Socket Slot Cutter Carving One Step in Place for Plastic Metal or Low-Voltage Electrical Boxes Mounting (Rectangle+ Square)
- 【SAFE TO USE】Embedded cutting design on the rectangle, square slot cutter oscillating tool, making the bits provide greater stability and less vibration during use that protects you from sparks and drywall chips while working. The square cutter also avoids accidentally hurting yourself or others with the blade during the cutting process, making the operation much safer
- 【ACCURATE CUTTING】The square slot cutter oscillating tool is designed to cut square hold. Our square slot cutter has two sizes for you to choose from square and rectangle. The slot cutter’s cutting surface is flat and smooth, which can help you accurately install low-voltage electrical boxes and sockets and no damage to the trim and wall. Furthermore, procut slot cutter is perfect for plastic, metal, or low-voltage electrical boxes mounting
- 【QUICKLY AND EFFORTLESSLY】Owing to the sharp serrated design, the square slot cutter becomes more smoother and stable. And the drywall outlet cutout can quickly and easily cut into single or double gang boxes, which ensures accurate cutting. The socket slot cutter also provides fast material removal, saving your time and effort for bending work. The slot cutter of fine and clean-cut makes the socket installation easier
- 【PREMIUM AND DURABLE DESIGN】The square slot cutter were well manufactured with exquisite and high-quality workmanship. Our rectangle, square slot cutter for electrical boxes are made of special technology and thick metal, the stainless blades of the socket slot cutter are sharp, strong, wear-resistant for a long-lasting time
- 【UNIVERSAL COMPATIBLE FOR OSCILLATING TOOLS】The universal interface system of the square slot cutter for electrical boxes is designed to be compatible with most industry-standard oscillating multi-tools in the market. Our rectangle, square slot cutter drywall is a great solution for cutting plasterboard, wood, and soft metal
Additional Info :
10. Electrical Box Cutout Saw for Oscillating Multitools, Drywall Cutting Tool for Single Gang Boxes, Drywall Cutter, Sheetrock & Drywall Cutout Tool, Drywall Outlet Cutout, Square Slot Cutter
- 🔩【Tips】Please don’t cut the cement wall, brick, hard metal. Requires 18V,20V Or Corded Oscillating Multi-Tool Will, Not Work On 12 Volt Systems
- 🔩【Quickly And Effortlessly 】Insert Single And Double Boxes Quickly And Easily. Four Blades Cut At The Same Time, Fast And Simple, And The Cutting Surface Is Very Smooth And Clean. The Fine And Clean Cut Makes The Socket Installation Easier.
- 🔩【Strong And Durable】High Quality Stainless Steel Construction And Laser Cutting Technology For Durability And Long Life
- 🔩【Widely Use】 Compatible With Most Industry Standard Oscillating Multi-Tools In The Market, Such As Dewalt, Dremel, Makita, Porter Cable, Ridgid, Rockwell, Fein Multimaster, Ryobi, Milwaukee, Chicago, Genesis, Craftsman, Starlock Etc.
- 🔩【Fast And Convenient Operation】Low Voltage Tools, Make Single Gang Or Double Gang Rectangular Holes In Drywall For Wall Boxes Such As High And Low Voltage Tech, Electrician, Telephone, Alarm/ Security, Cctv/ Ip Camera, Antenna, Automation, Home-Theater Including Cedia Members, Havc, Drywall Contractor/ Installer, Etc.
Additional Info :
List of outlet cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||Selaginella 2 pcs one Step in Place Stainless Steel Square Slot Cutter for Electrical Box Drywall...||
|2||Square Slot Cutter， Stainless Steel Drywall, Slot Cutter， Square Hole Cutter for Sheetrock Wood...||
|3||Electrical Box Cutout Saw for Oscillating Multitools,...||
|4||2 PCS Stainless Square Slot Cutter Square Rectangle Slot Cutter Universal Open-Backed Holes Opener...||
|5||Jonard Tools EBC-400 Power Oscillating Multi-Tool Single Gang Electrical Wall Outlet Cutter||
|6||Drywall Cutting Tool, Square Slot Electrical Box Cutter Drywall Outlet Cutout Quadsaw Drill...||
|7||NOTOWOLF Square Slot Cutter 2 Pcs Socket Slot Cutter One Step in Place for Oscillating Multi-Tools...||
|8||IMAYCC Square Slot Cutter,Thickened Steel square cutter for Drywall Electrical box, Plastic Metal,...||
|9||AugTouf Oscillating Multi Tool Saw Blade for Single Gang Outlet Box,Multi-Tool Outlet Box Cutter for...||
|10||Yajuhoy Square Slot Cutter,Stainless Steel Square Slot Cutter Oscillating Tool for...||
How to Choose the Best outlet cutter?
To help you pick the best outlet cutter for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a outlet cutter, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry outlet cutter in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most outlet cutter features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all outlet cutter cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. outlet cutters actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut outlet cutter. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position youroutlet cutter, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most outlet cutter are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic outlet cutter if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated outlet cutter. Hydraulic outlet cutter is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
outlet cutter are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small outlet cutter
Small outlet cutter that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of outlet cutter, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools outlet cutter, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized outlet cutter
Medium-sized outlet cutter range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large outlet cutter
Large outlet cutter that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most outlet cutter are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The outlet cutter may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini outlet cutter or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier outlet cutter offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight outlet cutter is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, outlet cutters with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different outlet cutter are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with heavy-duty jobcan be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the outlet cutter from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The outlet cutter needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various outlet cutters that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right outlet cutter simple.