A pie dough cutter is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty, have traditional wheels and ever-so-effective rocker blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material and then run the cutter on it. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
10 Best pie dough cutter Ranked for 2022
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the pie dough cutter to grab the best one.
1. Spring Chef Dough Blender, Top Professional Pastry Cutter with Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Blades, Medium Size, Black
- Better Than Your Grandma’s Dough Blender – You’ll be shocked by the high quality and WANT to bake more just so you can use it, which is ultimately healthier for you and your family. Sturdy and durable with metal blades that are twice as thick as our competitors…Your search is over for one of the greatest kitchen gadgets that you can now pass on to future generations.
- Wow The Crowd With Impressive Results – Get ready for better texture and taste from all of your baked goods. Make flakier and fluffier biscuits, pie crust, pizza dough, scones, pastries and more. You’ll be amazed at how quickly this tool works to get uniform pieces of butter mixed in flour which creates a better, yummier end product.
- You’ll Wonder How You Ever Managed Without It – Heavy duty without being heavy and cuts through cold butter beautifully, making it a must-have tool if you bake. Don’t waste time or effort using a fork or potato masher only to get half results.
- No More Sore Hands And Wrists – Comfortable soft grip handle that fits small to medium-sized hands perfectly – and it won’t make you tired after using it. You can do more without having to worry about hand and wrist fatigue. The thick rubber is much safer than plastic and easy on those with arthritis.
- Good For More Than Just Cutting Butter – Chop fruit and soft vegetables or nuts, mash up baby food, make salsa, guacamole and muffin topping – the options are endless
Additional Info :
2. AMPSEVEN Stainless Steel Dough Lattice Top Cookie Pie Pizza Bread Pastry Crust Roller Cutter,Wood Handle
- 1.You can use it to make biscuits, cookies, chocolate,bread, pie, cake, pizza, beef wellington,etc
- 2. Simply roll this lattice dough cutter over chilled dough, roll the dough onto a rolling pin, then unroll the dough over the pie.
- 3.Create perfect lattice tops for pies and tarts in seconds with a simple roll action
- 4.Size: 20.5 x 13.3 x 5cm/ 8.07″ x 5.23″ x 1.9″; Net Weight: 0.8lb
- 5. How to use: roll out the dough to a suitable thickness(maybe you can try 1/4″ ),then Sprinkle with dried flour on the dough surface, use cooking oil to thoroughly grease the cutter`s blades, firmly run the cutter across the dough just once. trim the excess from the sides,then gently stretch the dough to open up the lattice. Then use a rolling pin to transfer the top to the pie.note: Dough must be well chilled.
Additional Info :
3. OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Dough Blender and Cutter
- Stainless steel blades easily cut butter and shortening into dry ingredients
- Broad, soft, non-slip handle absorbs pressure
- Dishwasher safe
Additional Info :
4. Norpro Grip-EZ Pastry/Ravioli Wheel, 1 piece, Black
- Measures: 7″ x 3″ x .75″ / 18cm x 7.5cm x 2cm
- Pastry wheel, sometimes called pastry cutter, makes cutting shapes fast and easy. Making homemade ravioli will be a snap with the ravioli cutter wheel.
- Double-headed fluted wheel for scalloped edge and straight cut with flat wheel. Ideal for pasta, pastry or cookie dough, create beautiful lattice crusts and decorative cuts for pies, pastries and ravioli.
- Soft santoprene handle provides a comfortable non-slip grip, ideal for left or right hand use.
- Stainless steel cutting blades.
Additional Info :
5. Pastry Wheel Decorator And Cutter Beautiful Pie Crust, Pizza Pastry lattice Decoration Tools, Plastic Pastry Pie Decoration Cutter Lattice Cutter Pastry Tool for Beautiful Pie Crust or Ravioli Pasta
- Safe and high quality: Made of BPA-free plastic. Environmentally friendly,non-toxic,easy to disassemble and clean; Safe pie wheel cutter tools for adults and children. High quality pie tools will help any baker make the perfect pie, every time. Dishwasher safe.
- Easy To Use: Easy to use with consistent results; roll the wheel cutter through pie dough or pasta to create even strips for lattice pies, ravioli and more! Can be used by both adult and child.
- Precise Cutting: Cut even and consistent 3/4″ Strips or braided edges for a perfect lattice pie. Decorate your pie crusts and quiches easily and beautifully.
- Widely Used: Use for pies, pasta, puff pastry or fondanT, a nice mold for lattice pie. Spend time with your family and prepare a beautiful and delicious meal with the Pastry Decorator as well as it will be a great gift for friends and family who love baking and cooking.
Additional Info :
6. Lattice Roller Cutter, Cookie Pie Pizza Bread Pastry Crust Roller Cutter Baking Tool, Household Time-Saver Baking Pastry Tools for Pie Pizza Biscuits, Plastic Dough Lattice Cutter
- 🧇Make lattice pastries easily: A perfect lattice roller cutter. Craft grid tool tops for pies and bread in seconds with a simple roll action.
- 🍩Multi-Function uses: Ideal for pastries, pastry surface when fishnet pattern is pulled out, ideal for making pizza, bread, pastries, cookies, chocolate, cakes, etc.
- 🍞A must for home cooks: When you make the pie crust, the lattice roller can provide you with a variety of design options, perfect for the homemade classic appearance.
- 🍩Perfect design: Perfect handle length, comfortable grip, smooth use, very easy to clean, punching design at the end for easy storage.
- 🍞Made of high quality material: Lattice roller cutter is made of ABS plastic, odorless and safe, which can ensure the safety of you and your family.
Additional Info :
7. Tredoni 1.6″ Pastry Wheel – Dough Stamp Cutter/Crimper, Pasta/Ravioli/Pie Maker, 4cm Stainless Steel Wheel Wooden Handle
- Crimping, Stamping & Cutting Dough or Pasta.
- Making Ravioli, Pastries, Pies, Cookies, Empanadas, Samosa, Dumplings or just stamps.
- Also use for scraping coconut meat.
- Super Comfortable & Easily cleaned.
- Made in Italy. Durable for years.
Additional Info :
8. Spring Chef – Dough Blender and Pastry Cutter, Stainless Steel Nut, Pie, Pastry and Dough Cutter and Scraper, Multipurpose Baking Tools with Soft Grip Handles, Black
- Reliable Baking Tools – With these indispensable kitchen tools, baking is a breeze! Use the dough blender for expertly combining ingredients and the pastry cutter to measure, cut and transfer your dough effortlessly.
- Time-saving and Handy – No more tough dough! Our easy to use pastry blender works efficiently and requires minimal handling. To cut the dough in equal sizes, take advantage of the precise pastry scraper. The handy measurement markings allow you to portion and cut all at once!
- Comes with Comfortable Handles – These kitchen tools also come with handles that are easy to hold. So, you can maintain a good grip every time, without worrying about hand and wrist fatigue.
- Built to Last – An excellent addition to your kitchen essentials, our pastry blender and cutter stand out due to their superior quality. So, you can look forward to using them easily and conveniently for a long time.
- Multifunctional Baking Pastry Tools – This versatile set is made for more than just blending, cutting and scraping. Whether you’re chopping fruits and vegetables, scooping chopped ingredients, or smoothing frosting on cakes; these tools will get the job done!
Additional Info :
9. Mini Cookie Cutter Shapes Set – 24 Small Molds to Cut Out Pastry Dough, Pie Crust & Fruit – Tiny Stainless Steel Metal Stamps Teardrop Leaf, Flower, Heart, Star, Geometric Shapes – Cut Fondant & Clay
- 24 MINI COOKIE CUTTERS: 24 tiny cookie cutter shapes to make small tea cookies, create fruit shapes, and decorate and design stunning pie top crusts, cakes, cupcakes, and fondant like a professional baker
- 3 ASSORTED SIZES OF EACH SHAPE: 8 assorted shapes of small cookie cutters in 3 different mini sizes ranging from 0.61 to 2.1 inches; set includes teardrop leaves, flower, star, heart, circle, square, triangle, and rectangle geometric punches
- ESSENTIAL FOR BAKING: Only Ultra Cuisine’s 24pc mini shapes cutter set features tear drop shape cookie cutters; the essential cutter for creating small flower petals and 3 different leaf sizes for autumn and fall decorations
- BAKE LIKE A PRO FOR A LIFETIME: Cut out soft fruit and vegetables, dough, fondant, sugar gum paste, aspic jelly, or polymer clay into multiple cute shapes for decorative plating or arts and crafts projects
- DURABLE STAINLESS STEEL DESIGN: Food-safe 304 stainless steel baking molds and small cookie cutter sets made of a higher quality than other brands; these cookie cutters are rust resistant, dishwasher-safe, BPA-free, and do not retain flavors or odors like plast; dry completely before storing
Additional Info :
10. Stainless Steel Lattice Dough Cutter, Dough Lattice Roller Cutter with Wood Handle, Cookie Pie Pizza Bread Pastry Crust Roller Cutter, Household Time-Saver Baking Pastry Tools for Pie Pizza Biscuits
- 🧇Make lattice pastries easily: Pattern is in the wheel design, so you simply roll it over the dough, It cuts cleanly, create a “lattice” look.
- 🍩Wide range of uses: The dough roller is a good baking helper, create perfect lattice top for pies🥧 and tarts🍕 in seconds, great for making pastry dough, pizza crust, pie crusts, tart dough, cookie dough and flatbreads, cakes, etc.
- 🍞Exquisite design: Our dough lattice tool is very sturdy and well built. Solid wood handle fits nicely in your hand. Cutting blades are made of good quality metal and are mounted solidly, no side to side wobble.
- 🍩High quality material: Heavy-duty, sturdy, and well made. Nice substantial wooden handle with stainless disks for cutting. Well constructed and durable lattice pastry cutter that you will still use after many years.
- 🍞Easy to clean: Rinse the pizza dough lattice under the tap after each use. Stainless steel blades and wood handle dough lattice craft roller are not only hand wash easily, but also no need to worry about hurting wood or getting rust.
Additional Info :
List of pie dough cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Dough Blender and Cutter||
|2||AMPSEVEN Stainless Steel Dough Lattice Top Cookie Pie Pizza Bread Pastry Crust Roller Cutter,Wood...||
|3||Tredoni 1.6" Pastry Wheel - Dough Stamp Cutter/Crimper, Pasta/Ravioli/Pie Maker, 4cm Stainless Steel...||
|4||Pastry Wheel Decorator And Cutter Beautiful Pie Crust Pizza Pastry lattice Decoration Tools Plastic...||
|5||Spring Chef - Dough Blender and Pastry Cutter, Stainless Steel Nut, Pie, Pastry and Dough Cutter and...||
|6||Stainless Steel Lattice Dough Cutter, Dough Lattice Roller Cutter with Wood Handle, Cookie Pie Pizza...||
|7||Joinor Cake Leaves Baking Pie Crust Cutters Set of 4 Random Color||
|8||Stainless Steel Dough Lattice Top Pizza Bread Pastry Cookie Pie Crust Roller Cutter With Wood Handle||
|9||Stainless Steel Lattice Cutter, Dough Lattice Roller Cutter Baking Tool Cookie Pie Pizza Bread...||
|10||Pastry Cutter by PASTRY QUEEN: Perfect Flaky Pie Crust, Dishwasher-Safe Dough Blender, Easy Grip...||
How to Choose the Best pie dough cutter?
To help you pick the best pie dough cutter for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a pie dough cutter, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry pie dough cutter in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most pie dough cutter features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all pie dough cutter cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. pie dough cutters actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut pie dough cutter. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourpie dough cutter, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most pie dough cutter are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic pie dough cutter if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated pie dough cutter. Hydraulic pie dough cutter is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
pie dough cutter are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small pie dough cutter
Small pie dough cutter that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of pie dough cutter, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools pie dough cutter, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized pie dough cutter
Medium-sized pie dough cutter range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large pie dough cutter
Large pie dough cutter that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most pie dough cutter are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The pie dough cutter may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini pie dough cutter or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier pie dough cutter offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight pie dough cutter is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, pie dough cutters with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different pie dough cutter are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with a heavy-duty job can be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the pie dough cutter from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The pie dough cutter needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various pie dough cutters that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right pie dough cutter simple.