A plasma cutter vs torch is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty, have traditional wheels and ever-so-effective rocker blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material and then run the cutter on it. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
10 Best plasma cutter vs torch Ranked for 2022
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the plasma cutter vs torch to grab the best one.
1. Jack&Dave 100 Pcs Plasma Cutting Consumables (Standard) Fit Cut40 50 with Plasma Cutter Torch PT31 LG40
- 100PCS Plasma cutting consumables Common
- Package Include:10 Pcs Cup 30 Pcs Electrodes 20 Pcs Ring 40 Pcs Tip(Common)
- Fits Stahlwerk CT312, CUT50, ACDC TIG200 PLASMA, CT520, CT512P with PT-31 GUN
- Fit PT31-GUN
- For 40 50 Amps Cutting Machine
2. SUPRUS Lighter Electric Lighter Candle Lighter USB Lighter with Upgraded LED Battery Display Safety Switch Rechargeable Flameless Plasma Windproof Pocket Size for Candle Cooking BBQs Fireworks
- 【TREBLE SAFETY DESIGN】 – Our lighter had passed CE, RoHS, UL test. Adopt the updated version of bonnet, which gives you treble protection, you have to push the safety lock switch first, then press the ignition switch to work. For the safety of consumer, the igniting spark will auto stop beyond 7 seconds per igniting. Restart the switch, the igniting spark will be re-ignited.
- 【PORTABLE & CONVENIENT 】Wind & Splash Proof Design prevents the electric pulse produced from being blown out by strong wind, The lightweight design makes the lighter easy to carry and ideal for camping, BBQ ,hiking ,indoor and outdoor activitiess.
- 【BATTERY NOTIFICATION】This is the upgraded SUPRUS arc lighter which can display real time battery volume. When 4 LED lights on the barrel turn on, it is full charged.
- 【BUTANE FREE】No more harmful butane. SUPRUS uses plasma tech to eliminate the need for this harmful chemical.During the ignition, there will be noise of “ zee,zee”, which is high-voltage power generation, please use with relax.
- 【WHAT YOU GET】SUPRUS rechargeable lighter, USB charging cable, a gift box, a user manual and 24h friendly services.
Additional Info :
3. Welding for Vehicle Restorers
Additional Info :
4. YESWELDER Plasma Cutter Torch Consumables, 24 Pcs Cutting Torch Nozzles Tips Kit For SG-55 AG-60 WSD-60.
- HIGH QUALITY▶ Using high-quality materials, Provides premium strength and durability
- APPLICATION ▶This consumables are suitable for AG-60 AG-60P SG-55 WSD-60 Cutting Torch ,use for CUT60,CUT60SP,CUT50DP ,CUT50PI,LGK-60 ,LTP 5000 etc plasma cutter
- PACKAGE INCLUDED▶10 x -Extend Tip+10 x Electrodes+2 x protective cases+2 x isolation blocks
- MATERIAL▶ Metal + Porcelain
- OUR PROMISE ▶We strive to provide you with the highest quality product and the best customer experience, if you’re not entirely satisfied, please just feel free to contact us at any time.
Additional Info :
5. DEKOPRO 110/220V MMA Welder,160A ARC Welder Machine IGBT Digital Display LCD Hot Start Welder with Electrode Holder,Work Clamp, Input Power Adapter Cable and Brush
- ★Advanced IGBT Inverter Technology:Powerful welder capable of welding mild steel, weld steel, stainless steel and cast iron. IGBT power device with unique control mode improves the reliability of welding machine
- ★Professional ETL Certificate:The welding machine has ETL certificate for added safety. Each MMA welder device undergoes a strict inspection to ensure its reliability and efficiency. Built-in anti-stick, hot start and Excellent Arc stability.
- ★Portable Design:This welder features a easy carrying handle,compact design, easy for translation and storage. Very convenient, can be used anywhere you need
- ★Energy Efficient:Reduce the damage of Copper and Iron,obviously increase the welding frequency,and energy-conserving result is remarkable.Closed loop feedback control,the output voltage is stable,strong adaptability for electricity network.
- ★Multi Use: The MMA welder is suitable for welding stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum and other metal materials
Additional Info :
6. Plasma Cutter, CUT50 50 Amp 110V/220V Dual Voltage AC DC IGBT Cutting Machine with LCD Display
- 🛡️【High Quality】Cut-50 50AMP Plasma Cutter Is Made Of High Quality Components, By Adopting The Most Advanced Inverter Technical Of Switch Power, As Well As The Product Life And Work Efficiency Are Increased By 30% Than Ordinary Machines, Smooth Cutting Surface,Permanent Supply Of High Auality Consumables
- 🛡️【Portable Design】 Compact Plasma Cutting Machine With LCD Digital Display And Equipped With A Portable Handle，It Is Very Convenient To Operate And Carry.Long Term Supply Of Consumables
- 🛡️【Dual Voltage】This Plasma Cutter Can Automatically Adapt To Switch Input Power Of 90V-260V(110V/220V), Plug And Play In Different Environments, No External Conversion Plug Required
- 🛡️【Application】This Is A Professional Plasma Cutter, Which Is Widely Used For Cutting Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Mild Steel, Copper And Other Color Metal Materials, Cutting Thickness Is 1-20mm
Additional Info :
7. 20pcs 52582 Electrode 51313 Tip Nozzle 1.0mm for Plasma Cutter Torch IPT-60 PT60
- Compatibility:PT60 IPT-60 plasma cutting torch
- Package: 10Pcs Electrodes 52582 + 10Pcs Nozzles 51313
- Material : Plasma Cutting Torch Part is made of high quality Durable and reliable to use, long service life.
- Notice : Tig torch consumables are replacement parts
- Service : If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us, we will do our best to help you resolve it soon.
Additional Info :
8. YESWELDER CUT-55DS 55Amp Non-Touch Pilot Arc Air Plasma Cutter 1/2 Inch Clean Cut, Digital 110/220V Dual Voltage IGBT Inverter Plasma Cutting Machine with ETL Approved
- Non-Touch Pilot Arc: Efficiently cuts though rough, painted, and rusty surfaces and produces minimal slag. Pilot arc technology allows you to cut without touching the tip to the metal. Better cutting quality and longer consumable life.
- Built-in Post Flow：When you stop cutting, the air runs on for a minute to cool the consumable of the plasma cutter torch. This will extend consumable life.
- Powerful Cutting Ability：10-55 A DC output, 1/2”ideal clean cut and 3/4”maximum severance cut under 220/240V，60% Duty Cycle. Uses non-hazardous compressed air to cut stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper, and aluminum.
- Lightweight and Portable：Allows for connection to 110- or 220-volt receptacles without tools，Portable in the shop or at the job site—at 13 lb the shoulder strap allows the end user to easily move from location to location
- Added Safety：Certificated by ETL，Automatic compensation for voltage fluctuation, over current protection, over load protection,temperature control
Additional Info :
9. 50Amp Non-Touch Pilot Air Plasma Cutter 110V / 220V Dual Voltage Inverter DC Digital Display IGBT Portable Cutting Machine
- 🛡️ Non-Touch Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter★: Pilot Arc Technology Allows You To Cut Without Touching The Tip To The Metal.Efficiently Cuts Though Rough, Painted, And Rusty Surfaces. Portablet Plasma Cutter Has A Handle For Portability And Uses Non-hazardous Compressed Air To Cut Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel, Mild Steel, Copper, And Torch Efficiently Cuts Though Rough, Painted, And Rusty Surfaces And Produces Minimal Slag; Better Cutting Quality And Longer Consumable Life
- 🛡️50 Amp OUTPUT ★: Up To 50A Output Current Can Cut Up To 31/64 Inch (13.0mm) Plate. Equipped With Digital Display And Alarm LED, Read The Output Welding Current
- 🛡️ PACKAGE INCLUDES★: Power Supply, Plasma Cutting Torch, Ground Clamp,Converter Power Cord, Pre-installed NPT 1/4” Industry Type D Plug And Air Filter Regulator, Consumables, Instruction Manual, Etc.(As Picture)( Stainless Steel,Gas Tube, Hoop,Plasma Tips Nozzle Extended, Electrode- Extended,Shroud Ceramic Cup ,Gas Ring)
- 🛡️Plasma Cutter Can Be Plugged Into 120V / 230V Dual Voltage Using(Automatic Fitting)
Additional Info :
10. YESWELDER 145A ARC MMA Stick Welder with Lift TIG Torch, Digital Display 110/220V Dual Voltage IGBT Inverter Welder Built-in Hot Start ARC force, Stick MMA/Lift TIG 2 in 1 Portable Welding Machine
- More powerful :Up to 145 more amps, Ideal performance for most 6010, 6011, 6013 and 7018 rods
- Lift TIG Mode: Come with WP-17V gas valve lift tig torch, Simply touch the tungsten to the work piece and lift off,it’s like getting a tig welder for free
- Safety：Automatic compensation for voltage fluctuation, over current protection, over load protection,temperature control
- Automatic Hot Start：boosts the current during starting to provides easy, quick and reliable arc starts
- Auto Adaptive Arc Force：Minimizes electrode sticking in the puddle without compromising arc stability or increased spatter
List of plasma cutter vs torch: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||Jack&Dave 100 Pcs Plasma Cutting Consumables (Standard) Fit Cut40 50 with Plasma Cutter Torch PT31...||
|2||SUPRUS Lighter Electric Lighter Candle Lighter USB Lighter with Upgraded LED Battery Display Safety...||
|3||Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter, Non-touch, BTC500DP CUT50DP 50Amps Plasma Cutter 110/220V Dual Voltage...||
|4||YESWELDER Plasma Cutter Torch Consumables, 24 Pcs Cutting Torch Nozzles Tips Kit For SG-55 AG-60...||
|5||YESWELDER CUT-55DS 55Amp Non-Touch Pilot Arc Air Plasma Cutter 1/2 Inch Clean Cut, Digital 110/220V...||
|6||Mellcom CT520D Welding Machine 50Amp Plasma Cutter, 200Amp TIG Welder 3 in 1 Multifunctional...||
|7||Hobart AirForce 40i Plasma Cutter, Model:500576||
|8||20pcs 52582 Electrode 51313 Tip Nozzle 1.0mm for Plasma Cutter Torch IPT-60 PT60||
|9||Plasma Cutter, CUT50 50 Amp 110V/220V Dual Voltage AC DC IGBT Cutting Machine with LCD Display||
|10||Plasma Cutter, Max Cutting Thickness 20MM, 50A Inverter DC Inverter 110/220V Dual Voltage Cutting...||
How to Choose the Best plasma cutter vs torch?
To help you pick the best plasma cutter vs torch for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a plasma cutter vs torch, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry plasma cutter vs torch in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most plasma cutter vs torch features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all plasma cutter vs torch cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. plasma cutter vs torchs actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut plasma cutter vs torch. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourplasma cutter vs torch, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most plasma cutter vs torch are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic plasma cutter vs torch if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated plasma cutter vs torch. Hydraulic plasma cutter vs torch is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
plasma cutter vs torch are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small plasma cutter vs torch
Small plasma cutter vs torch that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of plasma cutter vs torch, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools plasma cutter vs torch, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized plasma cutter vs torch
Medium-sized plasma cutter vs torch range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large plasma cutter vs torch
Large plasma cutter vs torch that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most plasma cutter vs torch are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The plasma cutter vs torch may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini plasma cutter vs torch or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier plasma cutter vs torch offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight plasma cutter vs torch is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, plasma cutter vs torchs with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different plasma cutter vs torch are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with a heavy-duty job can be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the plasma cutter vs torch from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The plasma cutter vs torch needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various plasma cutter vs torchs that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right plasma cutter vs torch simple.