10 Best poly pipe cutter: Top Seller
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the poly pipe cutter to grab the best one.
1. Pipe Cutters Irwin-Tools (TUBE AND PIPE CUTTER 1-1/2″ CAPACITY). Cuts CPVC, PVC, ABS, PEX, Vinyl and Rubber Tubing and Pipes
- Cuts up to 1-1/2-in OD plastic (CPVC, PVC, ABS, PEX), vinyl and rubber tubing
- Quick action ratcheting cutting allows for one handed operation
- Curved, non-slip cast aluminum grip handle
- Removable Blade for Ease of Sharpening
- Expand handle arms to open blade
Additional Info :
2. RIDGID 23488 Model PC-1250 Single Stroke Plastic Pipe and Tubing Cutter, 1/8-inch to 1-5/8-inch Pipe Cutter
- Cuts plastic (PVC, CPVC, PP, PEX, PE)
- Spring-loaded handles allow for faster positioning. Single stroke, easy cut
- Features a reversible blade that provides two times the blade life; Not suitable for cutting multilayer tubing
- PVC pipe cutter has a 1/8-inch to 1-5/8-inch (3 mm to 42 mm) outer diameter capacity
- RIDGID covers its products with a lifetime warranty against defects in material or workmanship for the life of the tool
Additional Info :
3. Orbit 26120 Sprinkler System Up to 1-1/4-Inch PVC/Poly Pipe Cutting Tool 261, Red
- Cuts plastic pipe up to 1 1/4 In. in diameter
- Sharp, heat-treated, steel, replaceable blade
- Ergonomic grip and spring jaws put less strain on hands
- Catch ring holds the blade closed
- Heavy-duty aluminum and steel construction
Additional Info :
4. Zantle Ratchet-type Tube and Pipe Cutter for Cutting O.D. PEX, PVC, and PPR Plastic Hoses and Plumbing Pipes up to 1-5/8″ inches, Ideal for Home Working and Plumbers (orange)
- Use Area: Durable pipe cutter for cutting PVC, plastic & rubber tubing.Great helper for home handy man, plumbers, electricians, and vehicle mechanics
- Easy Operation:One-hand Fast Poly pipe cutter tool with ratchet drive for cutting less than 1-5/8in (38mm)
- Durability: professional pipe cutter adopts ratchet drive technology to greatly save your strength
- Safe for You:In the bottom of pipe cutter, there have a stainless buckle. When you don’t use it, you can buckle the safe lock.
- Service:Our product warranty against material defects and workmanship. We promise full refund if you are not satisfied with our products. No questions asked!
Additional Info :
5. AIRAJ Ratchet PVC Pipe Cutter,Cuts up to 2-1/2″PEX,PVC,PPR and Plastic Hoses,Pipe Cutters with Sharp SK5 Stainless Steel Blades,Suitable for Home Repairs and Plumbers
- 🌷High Quality:The durable tube cutter is made of manganese steel and high-quality aluminum alloy that is high hardness,good toughness,strength and durable not easily to rust.
- 🌷Wide Application:The tube cutter is commonly used for cutting most kinds of plastic (PVC,CPVC,PPR,PEX,PE,Rubber hose,ect.)and multilayer tubing.Cutting capacity is up to 2-1/2 inch.
- 🌷Safe and convenient for you:Ratchet drive design makes sure auto-locking function in the process of cutting, which protects users away from hurt because blade bounces back.Because of the rubber handle the stainless buckle is not easily to slip off.Buckle the safe lock,the tube cutter will become small to carry or store.
- 🌷Labor-saving:Gear driver,save strength.The ratcheting action allows for easy,one-hand cutting and blade release.
- 🌷Ergonomics handle Design:rubber-made handle is comfortable and powerful which guarantee on long-lasting working.
Additional Info :
6. Libraton PVC Cutter, Up to 2-1/2″, PVC Pipe Cutter 2 Inch, ABS Pipe Cutter, Ratchet Pipe Cutter Heavy-Duty, Pex Cutting Tool, PEX Pipe Cutter for Cutting PEX, PVC, PPR Plastic Hoses and Plumbing Pipe
- 【Heavy Duty & Premium Quality】The Libraton PVC cutter body is made of durable hardness aluminum alloy steel. The thick 3mm blade used is SK5 material with precision sharped and Teflon coated. Sturdy construction and big size suitable for heavy-duty use.
- 【Widely Application】The PVC pipe cutter is designed up to 2-1/2-inch (63mm) outer diameter capacity ideal for use to cut a variety of plastic pipe and tube(PVC,CPVC,PP-R, PEX, PE, Rubber Hose etc.), It is an essential PVC cutting tool for your home handyman, plumbers, electricians, and vehicle mechanics. Please note that our PVC cutter is not suitable for thin PVC pipe.
- 【Efficient Working with Safety】This professional ABS cutter equipped with ratcheting drive technology and arch angle design to greatly save your strength when cut pipes. The Spring-loaded ergonomic handle provide a reliable grip and powerful bite force improve work efficiency by fast cutting, faster positioning and single stroke cuts. User can cut pipe within 5 to 20 seconds .There is a safe lock in the bottom of PEX cutting tool. You can buckle it when you don’t use the cutter.
- 【Quick Change】This PVC pipe cutter is unique designed with Quick Change system. You can quick change the blade replacement easily within 10 seconds without any other tools. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE REPLACEMENT BLADE IS NOT INCLUDED. SPARE BLADE COULD BE PURCHASED SEPERATELY.
- 【100% Satisfaction Guarantee】Supply a 12 month lifetime warranty to this 2inch PVC pipe cutter. We have professional product development team to support all your applications to make sure your 100% satisfaction. OUR SERVICE TEAM WILL REPLY ANY OF YOUR MESSAGES WITHIN 24H.
Additional Info :
7. Dawn Industries SS200 1-7/8-Inch Black Handle Original KwikCut PVC Cutter
- Multi purpose cutter designed to make quick work of thin wall PVC, poly pipe, hose and tubing
- Blade forged from longest lasting, highest quality stainless steel
Additional Info :
8. Conbraco Industries 69PTKC001 Apollo Tubing Cutter 1/8″ – 2″
- Specifically designed for cutting PEX and polyethylene tubing
- Spring loaded handles for ease of use
- Cuts up to 1-1/2″ PEX, PE, PB and rubber
- Not for use with metal pipe
Additional Info :
9. Superior Tool Company 37115 PVC Pipe Cutter – Heavy Duty Cutter up to 2-1/2-Inch O.D. , Gray
- Extra-large capacity (up to 2″)
- Replacement part number 42771
- Superior Tool 37115
- 2″ PVC Cutter (Two Inch)
Additional Info :
10. Libraton PVC Pipe Cutter 2-1/2″, Large PVC Cutter, Improved Blade for Heavy-duty, Plastic Pipe Cutter for Cutting PVC Pipe, PEX Pipe, Plastic Pipes (Improved Version)
- IMPROVED BLADE: The Libraton PVC pipe cutter blade is of SK5 material, and an improved hardness process can ensure its longer service life.
- CUTTING RANGE: The PVC cutter is of large cutting range, up to 2-1/2-inch (63mm) outer diameter.
- WIDE APPLICATION: The ratchet PVC cutter can be also applied to cut different plastics pipes and tubes (PVC, PEX, CPVC, PP-R, PE, Rubber Hose, etc.). It is not recommended for cutting THIN PVC pipe.
- RATCHET DESIGN: The plastic pipe cutter is designed with a ratcheting driver so that you can do the pipe cutting job with one hand easily. OUR TEST SHOWS THAT ONE CUT WITHIN 5 TO 20 SECONDS ONLY.
- AFTER-SALES SERVICE: We offer a 12-month warranty on this PVC pipe cutter. And our after-sales service team promise to reply to your ANY question WITHIN 24H to help you solve ANY problem with the PVC cutter.
List of poly pipe cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||Orbit 26120 Sprinkler System Up to 1-1/4-Inch PVC/Poly Pipe Cutting Tool 261, Red||
|2||RIDGID 23488 Model PC-1250 Single Stroke Plastic Pipe and Tubing Cutter, 1/8-inch to 1-5/8-inch Pipe...||
|3||Pipe Cutters Irwin-Tools (TUBE AND PIPE CUTTER 1-1/2" CAPACITY). Cuts CPVC, PVC, ABS, PEX, Vinyl and...||
|4||Zantle Ratchet-type Tube and Pipe Cutter for Cutting O.D. PEX, PVC, and PPR Plastic Hoses and...||
|5||AIRAJ Ratchet PVC Pipe Cutter,Cuts up to 2-1/2"PEX,PVC,PPR and Plastic Hoses,Pipe Cutters with Sharp...||
|6||Dawn Industries SS200 1-7/8-Inch Black Handle Original KwikCut PVC Cutter||
|7||iWork PVC Cutter 1-5/8", PVC Pipe Cutter, Ratcheting PVC Cutter for PVC, PEX PPR Plastic Pipes,...||
|8||Orbit PVC & Poly Pipe Cutter Set: 2 Inch Poly Pipe Cutter and 1/2 in. to 1 in. PVC Cutting Tool||
|9||EFIELD 3/8" - 1" Pex Pipe and Plastic Pipe Cutter||
|10||Conbraco Industries 69PTKC001 Apollo Tubing Cutter 1/8" - 2"||
How to Choose the Best poly pipe cutter?
To help you pick the best poly pipe cutter for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a poly pipe cutter, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry poly pipe cutter in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most poly pipe cutter features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all poly pipe cutter cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. poly pipe cutters actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut poly pipe cutter. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourpoly pipe cutter, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most poly pipe cutter are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic poly pipe cutter if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated poly pipe cutter. Hydraulic poly pipe cutter is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
poly pipe cutter are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small poly pipe cutter
Small poly pipe cutter that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of poly pipe cutter, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools poly pipe cutter, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized poly pipe cutter
Medium-sized poly pipe cutter range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large poly pipe cutter
Large poly pipe cutter that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most poly pipe cutter are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The poly pipe cutter may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini poly pipe cutter or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier poly pipe cutter offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight poly pipe cutter is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, poly pipe cutters with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different poly pipe cutter are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working a heavy-duty job can be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the poly pipe cutter from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The poly pipe cutter needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various poly pipe cutters that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right poly pipe cutter simple.