A professional paper cutter is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty, have traditional wheels and ever-so-effective rocker blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material and then run the cutter on it. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
10 Best professional paper cutter Ranked for 2022
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the professional paper cutter to grab the best one.
1. CARL Heavy Duty Rotary Paper Trimmer 18inch – 12238
- Heavy-duty 36-sheet rotary trimmer with carbide blade, patented rail system, calibrated metal base board, adjustable magnetic paper guide and storage compartment.
- The choice for the most demanding trimming projects.
- The patented locking rail mechanism hold paper firmly in place while the Premium carbide blade ensures an accurate cut.
- Cuts up to 36 sheets of standard 20-pound paper.
- 18- Inch Rotary Paper trimmer.
- CARL Model: DC-238N / CUI12238
- Green-friendly paper trimmer
- Adjustable magnetic paper guide hold materials on a calibrated sturdy metal base board
- Handy storage compartment for extra blades and cutting mats
- A spare cutting mat, straight blade and perforating blade are included
- Limited lifetime warranty -excluding blade and cutting mat
Additional Info :
2. Dahle 550 Professional Rotary Trimmer, 14″ Cut Length, 20 Sheet Capacity, Self-Sharpening, Dual Guide Bar, Automatic Clamp, German Engineered Paper Cutter
- [SELF-SHARPENING] — Cuts in both directions
- [DUAL-BARREL GUIDE BAR] — Provides strength and accuracy
- [AUTOMATIC CLAMP] — Holds work securely and prevents uneven cutting
- [PROTECTIVE BLADE HOUSING] — Ground steel blade is encased for safety
- [STURDY METAL BASE] — Provides a solid surface that won’t warp or crack
Additional Info :
3. X-ACTO 24×24 Commercial Grade Square Guillotine Trimmer
- Commercial grade paper trimmer cuts up to 20 sheets at once
- Cut paper, film, and photographs with precision
- Perpetual Edge self sharpening system keeps blade sharp
- Heavy wood base provides a solid and stable platform for cutting
- Safety guard and latch.Durable 3/4 inch thick solid wood base
Additional Info :
4. HFS (R) Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter -12” (12” Paper Cutter)
- [Size]: Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter -12’‘, Base Size: 21″ x 15″ x 1 1/2” Overall Size: 21″ x 15″ x 13 1/2″ (including cutting bar) Maximum Cutting Width: 12″;
- [Maximum Cutting Capacity]: 400 Sheets (for 2.85oz Letter Paper), The HFS Stack Guillotine Cutters are able to slice through 400 sheets (1.5″ thick) in one pass. The built-in heavy-duty clamp puts even pressure across the entire cut area to eliminate paper shift and drag. This model features a 12″ cut length from front to back, large enough to cut posters and larger books.
- [Solid Steel Construction]: Solid steel construction ensures this cutter will last a long time, and you’ll be able to tell the moment you pick it up. Rubber feet at each corner stop the cutter from sliding during use, and a removable handle allows for easier storage.
- [Hardened Steel Blade]: The hardened steel blade comes razor sharp, but is also easily replaceable as it wears down over time. Professional knife sharpening services can bring life to old blades, or you can purchase new ones separately from HFS.
- [Replacement Parts & Aftersales Service]: The replacements parts and operation instructions are available if needed.
Additional Info :
5. Paper Cutter Paper Trimmer Authentic COME 9770EZ 19Inch A2 19″ Commercial Heavy Duty Guillotine Stack Paper Cutter 300 Sheets Metal Base Desktop New
- THE ONLY AUTHENTIC 19” PAPER CUTTER THAT CUTS THROUGH 300-SHEET OF 20LB PAPER LIKE BUTTER – This is an authentic COME-9770EZ Stack Paper Cutter. This machine’s cutting width is 19” (much bigger than the 12” models) and cutting capacity is 300-sheet of 20lb bond paper. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
- AUTHENTIC – This is the AUTHENTIC COME 9770EZ 19” stack paper cutter equipped with the back support/extension table. The back support/extension table extends the back side of the cutter and provides a more well balanced and stable platform for the cutter. It also provides balanced support for the stack to be cut and catches the output from the cutter.
- AVOID ACCIDENTAL CUTS AND RESHARPENABLE AND REPLACEABLE BLADE – It has a built-in safety lock mechanism that is engaged automatically to prevent accidental cuts until released. The blade is re-sharpen-able and replaceable.
- NO NEED TO SHARPEN THE BLADE UNTIL AFTER THOUSANDS OF CUTS – The blade edge is made of high-speed steel (HSS) with the hardness grade of 60-62 on the Rockwell Equivalent C scale (i.e., 60-62 HRC). It will last over thousands of cuts before requiring re-sharpening or replacement. it is razor sharp and can cut through 300 sheets of 20lb paper stack with a single easy stroke.
- SOLID METAL CONSTRUCTION AND 1/32” RESOLUTION – It is constructed of all steel and features a SOLID aluminum alloy back support and side gauge with measurements scaled in standard inches (1/32” resolution) and metric (1 mm resolution).
Additional Info :
6. Mophorn Electric Paper Cutter 450mm 17.7 Inch Paper Cutter Guillotine Numerical Control Automatic Digital
- Product Parameter: Max. Cutting Size:18 inch (450 mm), Min. Cutting Size: 2 inch(50 mm), Cutting thickness:1.6 inch(40 mm), Cutting Precision:±0.02 inch(±0.5 mm).
- Premium Quality: The electric paper cutter mainly adopts metal structure, sturdy and durable. The blade uses the sharp, thickened steel knife with fast cutting speed and high efficiency.
- Smart LCD Display: LCD display brings intelligent control and digital operation. The integrated control panel designs the comfortable keys for easy and convenient operation.
- Infrared Light Positioning:Enclosed infrared light baffles are designed on both sides of the paper cutter guillotine. The positioning of infrared light makes the paper cutting more intuitive and accurate and provides more secure and reliable operation.
- Multiple Application: This electric guillotine paper cutter is ideal for cutting paper, coupon, label, cardstock, etc. For both commercial & professional use in the office, laboratory, industry, etc.
Additional Info :
7. VEVOR Electric Paper Cutter 0-330 Cutting Width, Electric Paper Trimmer, 40mm Cutting Thickness, Desktop Cutting Paper Machine, Industrial Paper Cutter, Heavy Duty Paper Cutter, for Office, School
- Precision Cutting: H-type paper feeder design, which is convenient for the paper to lay flat and aligned; with a precision scale, the cutting size can be adjusted; there is a red electronic line at the cutting position to ensure accurate cutting.
- Infrared Protection: Infrared photoelectric protection, sensitive monitoring, comprehensive protection of the safety of the operating environment; the design of the operation panel is simple and easy to operate.
- User-friendly Design: High-quality steel knife, sharp and durable, more comfortable to cut, suitable for thick paper cutting, removable and replaceable; Independent hand-cranked wheel press paper, easy to control the tightness.
- Heavy-duty Construction: Papers cutter is made of high-quality steel plate, universal wheel design for secure handling, precise circuit design, extended machine life, and high efficiency.
- Various Applications: Commercial paper cutter is ideal for offices, schools, churches, businesses, printing plants, and individual professional users.
Additional Info :
8. X-ACTO 26315 Heavy Duty Wood Guillotine Trimmer, 12″ x 15″
- Heavy-duty paper trimmer cuts up to 15 sheets at once
- Solid wood base and rubber feet provide stable platform for cutting
- Oversized rubber grip offers comfort and control
- Perpetual Edge self-sharpening system keeps blade sharp for every cut
- Safety guard and latch.Adjustable Paper Guide
Additional Info :
9. Swingline Paper Cutter, Guillotine Trimmer, 12″ Cut Length, 10 Sheet Capacity, ClassicCut Lite (9312)
- Easy to use trimmer – Lite trimmer is simple and easy to use, with a sharp guillotine blade and a handy alignment grid. Built with a sturdy plastic base, it’s also light enough for easy transport
- 12” Cutting length – With a 12” cutting length, it’s a convenient choice for most common trimming tasks. Ideal for use in the home or at the office
- Cuts 10 sheets – Excellent for everyday use, this neat little trimmer cuts through paper, photos and more, cleanly cutting up to 10 sheets at a time (20 pounds paper)
- Accurate cuts – Designed for accuracy, with an alignment grid for precision. Dual scale ruler, with marks in inches and centimeters, assists with measuring, regardless of which system you prefer
- Safety features – Guard rail keeps fingers safely away from the blade while it’s in use. Blade latch hook securely locks the trimmer arm when not in use
Additional Info :
10. Westcott 12” TrimAir Anti-Microbial Wood Guillotine Paper Cutter & Paper Trimmer, 30 Sheet (15106)
- Featuring titanium-bonded cutting technology and the contemporary design that Westcott is famous for, this cutting machine is designed to deliver unparalleled performance
- High-performance patented titanium-bonded blade provides three times the strength of stainless steel blades and will stay sharper longer
- Soft ergonomic handle and safety guard gives you total cutting control
- 30-Sheet Capacity: Paper slicer easily slices through 30 sheets of 20lb paper at a time
- Manufacturer’s 15-year warranty
Additional Info :
List of professional paper cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||Swingline Paper Cutter, Guillotine Trimmer, 12" Cut Length, 10 Sheet Capacity, ClassicCut Lite...||
|2||Firbon A4 Paper Cutter 12 Inch Titanium Straight Paper Trimmer with Side Ruler for Scrapbooking...||
|3||Swingline Guillotine Paper Cutter Heavy Duty, 12 Inch Paper Cutting Board with Guard Rail, Blade...||
|4||HFS (R) Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter -12'' (12'' Paper Cutter)||
|5||Westcott 12'' TrimAir Wood Guillotine Paper Cutter & Paper Trimmer, 30 Sheet (15106)||
|6||Fiskars Craft Supplies: Paper Cutter, Paper Trimmer for Crafts, Photos, and Stationary, 12” Cut...||
|7||Firbon A4 Paper Cutter 12 Inch Titanium Paper Trimmer Scrapbooking Tool with Automatic Security...||
|8||Swingline Paper Trimmer, Guillotine Paper Cutter, 18" Cut Length, 15 Sheet Capacity, ClassicCut...||
|9||A4 Paper Cutter 12 Inch Titanium Paper Trimmer Scrapbooking Tool with Automatic Security Safeguard...||
|10||AmazonBasics Paper Trimmer -12" Blade, 10 Sheet Capacity||
How to Choose the Best professional paper cutter?
To help you pick the best professional paper cutter for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a professional paper cutter, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry professional paper cutter in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most professional paper cutter features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all professional paper cutter cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. professional paper cutters actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut professional paper cutter. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourprofessional paper cutter, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most professional paper cutter are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic professional paper cutter if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated professional paper cutter. Hydraulic professional paper cutter is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
professional paper cutter are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small professional paper cutter
Small professional paper cutter that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of professional paper cutter, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools professional paper cutter, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized professional paper cutter
Medium-sized professional paper cutter range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large professional paper cutter
Large professional paper cutter that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most professional paper cutter are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The professional paper cutter may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini professional paper cutter or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier professional paper cutter offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight professional paper cutter is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, professional paper cutters with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different professional paper cutter are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with a heavy-duty job can be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the professional paper cutter from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The professional paper cutter needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various professional paper cutters that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right professional paper cutter simple.