A ratchet exhaust cutter is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty, have traditional wheels and ever-so-effective rocker blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material and then run the cutter on it. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
10 Best ratchet exhaust cutter Ranked for 2022
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the ratchet exhaust cutter to grab the best one.
1. BGS 66250 | Ratcheting Tube Cutter for Exhaust Pipes | 28-67 mm
- Exhaust Pipe Cutter with ratchet function, 28 – 67 mm
- Item number: 66250
- Original BGS quality
- Strong and hard wearing
Additional Info :
2. Sealey Exhaust Pipe Cutter Ratcheting
- Ratcheting Exhaust Pipe Cutter
- Exhaust Tools
- Pipe Cutters
Additional Info :
3. Nerrad Tools NT4035 Adjustable Ratchet Action Copper/INOX Tube Cutter, Red/Black, 12-35 mm
- Internal cutting mechanism rotates independently from outer body
- Ideal for working in confined spaces
- Ergonomic handle is designed for single hand operation and requires low effort to operate
- Built in foldable reamer for removing burrs from pipe work.
Additional Info :
4. Eastwood Exhaust Pipe and Roll Cage Cutter Tubing 1-3/8″ – 2-5/8″ Diameter cuts Mild Hardened Stainless Steel with Quick Release Cutting Head
- Use on 1-3/8″ – 2-5/8″ Diameter Tubing
- Cuts Mild Steel, Hardened Steel, Stainless Steel
- Perfect for Exhaust or Roll Cage Tubing
- Quick Release Cutting Head
- Spare Cutting Wheel included on handle
Additional Info :
5. OEMTOOLS 27045 Tailpipe Cutter, Features Pipe Cutter Chain w/ Cutting Wheels, Exhaust Pipe Cutter w/ Cushion Grips, Can Be Used as PVC Cutter or Copper Pipe Cutter
- CUT ON OR OFF THE VEHICLE: Get a clean cut with minimal rough edges or burrs on your exhaust pipe, tailpipe, and when installing or making repairs on catalytic converters; Keep well oiled, not for use on stainless steel
- EFFECTIVELY CUT TAILPIPES: Work on tailpipes and exhaust pipes with diameters ranging from 3/4″ to 3-1/4″ (19-83 mm); Lubricating the exhaust cutter cutting wheels before use will give an even smooth cutting operation and extends the life of the item
- EASY TO USE: Cut pipe with our pipe cutter tool in four easy steps; Wrap chain around the pipe, hook the chain onto the plier jaw, close plier jaw until pipe cutter wheels are tight on the pipe, hand rotate chain around pipe until pipe is cut
- NO POWER TOOLS NEEDED: Breaking out the Sawzall or angle grinder is unnecessary with our exhaust cutter tool; Work in cramped spaces with one-handed rotation; The cushion grip handles ease pressure on your hand while you increase your grip
- BUILT TO LAST: This quality metal pipe cutter’s cutting wheels won’t dull easily during use; The head of the exhaust cutting tool won’t bend from during rotation; Use as a copper and PVC pipe cutter; Lightly lubricate cutting wheels before use
Additional Info :
6. RIDGID 69982 Model 226 In-Place Soil Pipe Cutter, 1-1/2-inch to 6-inch Chain Pipe Cutter,Black/Red
- Compact and lightweight 17-inch tool designed to cut hub and NO HUB soil pipe in tight quarters
- Suitable for against-the-wall and other tight space applications
- Perfect for cutting cast iron, cement and clay pipe where space is limited
- Rotating hooks allow for fast, safe and easy latching
- Soil pipe cutter has a 1-1/2-inch to 6-inch (40 mm to 150 mm) pipe capacity
Additional Info :
7. Powerbuilt Exhaust Tool Kit, Replace and Repair Vehicle Exhaust Pipes, Remove Dents, Chain Cutter, Expander, 2 Piece Set – 648634
- Disk brake cylinderhone, 3
- Tool solutions for most all situations
- Built to exceed tool standards
- This kit has everything you need to replace or repair exhaust pipes up to 3-1/2″ in diameter in one set
- Highly durable
- Tool set for expanding and cutting exhaust pipe
- Cuts pipe up to 3-1/2-Inch
- Use for pipe dent removal
- Cutting rollers produce clean, straight edges
- Kit 9 includes 2-Piece for expanding and cutting exhaust pipe
Additional Info :
8. Exhaust Pipe Cutter Water Pipe Exhaust Pipe Quick Cutter Cutting Tool For Auto Repairing
- Made of fine quality material, practical, easy to operate and use, wide application range, has a long service life.
- Suitable for cutting thin wall tubing up to 3mm thick.
- Perfect for cutting where space is restricted, 120° handle movement produces a 360° cutting action.
- Perfect for cutting all exhaust pipes from 35-64mm diameter.
- Zinc plated carbon steel frame with 4 hardened steel cutting blades.
9. CPS BLACKMAX BTB300 Premium Ratcheting Tube Bender with Reverse Bend, Includes 1/4-7/8 (7) Sizes
- WHAT IT DOES: The BLACKMAX BTB300 is a “ratchet crossbow” style tube bender that is ideal for easily bending soft copper and aluminum tube up to 90 degrees in both “forward” and “reverse” configurations
- CUSTOMIZE BY SIZE: The BTB300 features seven quick change color coded mandrels for bending soft copper and aluminum tube
- SUPERIOR DESIGN: CPS brings the BLACKMAX BTB300 to market with a compact, professional, patented design
- INCLUDED: The BTB300 comes with a strong molded plastic carrying case for safe storage
- ABOUT US: CPS Products is a business built by technicians, for technicians. We design Tools for the Professional Service Technician. With the world’s most comprehensive range of Leak Detection technologies, Smart Diagnostic tools, and proven Maintenance Solutions, CPS Products has been The Workingman’s Choice since 1989
Additional Info :
10. Exhaust Pipe Cutter, Universal Exhaust Tailpipe Tube Cutting Pliers Carbon Steel Tubing Cutter with 15 Blades
- 【Good quality】Made of high quality carbon steel, sturdy, not easy to damage and extremely durable. Cushion grip handles and non-slip, easy to operate
- 【Effective work】The 15 blades effectively cut the pipe, so complete cutting takes only 1/4 circles
- 【Cutting size】The cutter could cuts pipes with diameters of 3/4 to 3 inches
- 【Incidental use】The cutter with 13.7″ chain works well in areas that are hard to reach
- 【Nice design】Designed for both on and off car cutting.Double wall tube will not be cut
List of ratchet exhaust cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||Powerbuilt Exhaust Tool Kit, Replace and Repair Vehicle Exhaust Pipes, Remove Dents, Chain Cutter,...||
|2||BGS 66250 | Ratcheting Tube Cutter for Exhaust Pipes | 28-67 mm||
|3||Eastwood Exhaust Pipe and Roll Cage Cutter Tubing 1-3/8" - 2-5/8" Diameter cuts Mild Hardened...||
|4||Sealey Exhaust Pipe Cutter Ratcheting||
|5||Nerrad Tools NT4023 Adjustable Ratchet Action Copper/INOX Tube Cutter, Red/Black, 6-23 mm||
|6||RIDGID 69982 Model 226 In-Place Soil Pipe Cutter, 1-1/2-inch to 6-inch Chain Pipe Cutter,Black/Red||
|7||REXBETI Impact Bolt & Nut Remover Set, 13 Pieces Bolt Extractor Tool Set with Solid Storage Case||
|8||AIRAJ Ratchet PVC Pipe Cutter,Cuts up to 2-1/2"PEX,PVC,PPR and Plastic Hoses,Pipe Cutters with Sharp...||
|9||EZPHIX Pipe and Tube Cutter, Ratcheting Hose Cutter One-Hand Fast Pipe Cutting Tool with Ratchet...||
|10||ABN Exhaust Pipe Cutter Tool - 3/4 to 3 Inch Exhaust and Tailpipe Cutter Chain Exhaust Cutter Tool...||
How to Choose the Best ratchet exhaust cutter?
To help you pick the best ratchet exhaust cutter for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a ratchet exhaust cutter, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry ratchet exhaust cutter in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most ratchet exhaust cutter features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all ratchet exhaust cutter cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. ratchet exhaust cutters actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut ratchet exhaust cutter. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourratchet exhaust cutter, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most ratchet exhaust cutter are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic ratchet exhaust cutter if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated ratchet exhaust cutter. Hydraulic ratchet exhaust cutter is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
ratchet exhaust cutter are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small ratchet exhaust cutter
Small ratchet exhaust cutter that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of ratchet exhaust cutter, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools ratchet exhaust cutter, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized ratchet exhaust cutter
Medium-sized ratchet exhaust cutter range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large ratchet exhaust cutter
Large ratchet exhaust cutter that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most ratchet exhaust cutter are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The ratchet exhaust cutter may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini ratchet exhaust cutter or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier ratchet exhaust cutter offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight ratchet exhaust cutter is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, ratchet exhaust cutters with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different ratchet exhaust cutter are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with a heavy-duty job can be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the ratchet exhaust cutter from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The ratchet exhaust cutter needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various ratchet exhaust cutters that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right ratchet exhaust cutter simple.