Choosing the right ratcheting steel cable cutter can make all the difference. Whether you’re looking for a precise and effective carving tool or need to cut any materials, have a look through our range of cutters to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Here we review the best ratcheting steel cable cutter, so you can choose the right cutter for any kind of your work.
List of 10 Best ratcheting steel cable cutter: Editor’s Choice
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the ratcheting steel cable cutter to grab the best one.
1. Southwire – 59556240 Tools & Equipment CCPR400S Ratcheting Cable Cutters With Comfort Grip Handles, Easy To Use Quick Release Leaver, Steel Blades Cut Up To 750 kcmil CU/1000 kcmil AL Black
- DURABLE ratcheting cable cutters perfect for cutting up to 600 kcmil copper and 600 kcmil aluminum cables
- MINIMAL CABLE DISTORTION: Hardened steel blades ensure consistent cuts and long-term durability
- REPLACEABLE BLADES provide long lasting cutting of copper and aluminum wire
- QUICK-RELEASE lever opens blade at any time during operation
- EXTRA COMFORT provided by molded grip for stability and leverage when making cuts
Additional Info :
2. Cable Cutters – Sanuke Ratcheting Cable Cutters Heavy Duty for Electricians – Cutting Aluminum Copper Soft Wire up to 600MCM / 240mm²
- 🌌【Cutting Capacity】Ratchet cable cutter can cut copper cable up to 300 MCM; aluminum cable up to 600 MCM; cutting range is about 240mm².
- 🌌【Premium Material】The sharp jaw of the cable cutter is made of heat-treated carbon steel with induction-hardened for maximum strength and durability, which is made for lifetime use. PVC material non-slip handle for comfortable and firm grip.
- 🌌【Ratchet Design】This heavy-duty ratchet cable cutter adopts a ratchet drive device, which is easy to operate. Fast ratchet mechanism for easy, clean cut and labor-saving.
- 🌌【Wide Application】Widely used for cutting copper/aluminum cable, single or multi stranded cable, communication cable, etc. Smooth and compact construction of the cable cutter allows you to cut cables even in a narrow area.
- 🌌【Attention】Not for cutting steel, steel wire, live wire or ACSR!
Additional Info :
3. SATA 240MM Ratcheting Cable Cutters, with Heavy-Duty Drop- Forged Alloy Steel Jaws and Ergonomic Green Nonslip Handles – ST72511
- 2-STAGE CUTTING: Unique 2-stage cutting design reduces the force required to cut cables
- ALLOY STEEL JAWS: Drop-forged, precision ground alloy steel jaws provide maximum durability and tool life
- CUTS 240MM CABLE: Special ratcheting tooth mechanism protects the blades and cuts copper or aluminum cables up to 240MM2 (3/8 in2)
- ERGONOMIC HANDLES: Comfortable, ergonomic handles provide a secure grip and increased cutting capacity
- COMPACT DESIGN: Lightweight, compact cutters are highly portable and feature a comfortable ratcheting action for easier cutting
Additional Info :
4. Klein Tools 63060 Cable Cutters, Ratcheting Heavy Duty Cutters for Up to 750 MCM, Great for Cable Preparation
- Higher cutting capacity and reduced hand force for easier cutting of large diameter cables
- Patented two-step ratchet mechanism requires fewer strokes per cut
- Cuts up to 600 MCM Copper and 750 MCM Aluminum
- Quick release lever opens blades easily in every cutting position, to allow removal of the cable before completion of cut
- Hardened steel cutting blades for lasting strength and sharpness
- Locking lever keeps handles closed for easy transport; fits in a tool box or bag
- Cable Cutter Replacement Part List available for reference if needed
Additional Info :
5. Ratcheting Cable Cutters, 400mm2 Aluminum Copper Wire Cutters for Cutting Electrical Wire as Ratcheting Wire Cut Hand Tool Ratchet Cable Cutter(400mm2)
- Lock ratcheting cable cutters cutting range: 400mm²max. Cutting copper or aluminum cable, single and multiple wire easily with forging blade
- Anti-slip rubber hand guard offers secure grip, with safety lock to hold cable tightly. No need to hold wire with hands when cutting.Ratchet structure design of compact ratcheting cable cutter easily cut cable and can be used in tight areas
- High Carbon Steel copper ratchet cable cutter prolong it’s lifetime, well hardened blade insure sharpness and high-efficiency
- heavy duty ratcheting wire cutter, but not heavy when working with them. 0.95kg insure quality and easy carry.minimal effort needed when cutting.Lock release is on the back side.
- Prime Item: Insure very quick replace or return, just give yourself a chance to try.Warm notice: Ratchet wire Cutter Not for cutting steel Or steel wire
Additional Info :
6. SogYupk USA Ratchet Cable Wire Cutter,Ratcheting Cable Cutter Hand Tool,Heavy Duty Aluminum Copper Ratchet Wire Cutting For Cutting Electrical Wire Up to 240mm²/10.23Inch Cutter Pliers
- 【Note】Not suitable for cutting steel cores, steel wires, steel cables, and iron wires. Equipped with 1000 volt insulated handle, but for your safety, please do not cut live cables! The quick release lever can open the blade during operation, and use the safety lock to fix the product after use.
- 【Cutting range】The heavy-duty ratchet cable cutting machine is mechanically designed ,It is forged blade which can easily cut ordinary copper-aluminum cables, single-stranded and multi-stranded cables ≤240mm² (AWG ≤ 600MCM).
- 【Unique design】High quality-ratchet cable cutter is made of carbon steel, wear-resistant, not easy to break, and not rust. The ergonomic cable handle can be adjusted by the ratchet action to control the connection force of the handle. It is easy to operate and more convenient to cut the wire, ensuring comfort and reducing fatigue during wire cutting.
- 【Convenient application】 Product model: WX-325A. The ratchet cable cutter has a simple and compact structure and a high-quality non-slip handle. It allows you to cut cables in narrow areas where other cutting machines fail, making it more convenient to use.
- 【100% Satisfaction Gurantee】60 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE ensures your satisfaction. If you aren’t impressed with the durability and performance of our Ratchet Wire Cutters, return it for a full refund of your purchase price.
Additional Info :
7. Jonard Tools RC-600 Stainless Steel Ratcheting Cable Cutter, Cuts Copper and Aluminum Cable, Up to 1 3/4″ Diameter.
- HIGH DURABILITY: Made of heat-treated carbon steel with induction-hardened cutting edges for maximum strength and durability
- VERSATILE USE: Cleanly cuts copper up to 600 MCM or aluminum up to 750 MCM and multi-conductor cable. Maximum capacity is 1 3/4″ (45 mm) diameter
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE: Ergonomically designed handle is spring-loaded for easy opening and has cushioned rubber grip for greater comfort and torque
- EASY OPERATION: Unique design with quick release allows cable to be easily and quickly held and cut
- LIFETIME USE: This tool is made for lifetime use as Jonard Tools makes high-quality tools that are designed to last for life.
Additional Info :
8. New steel Ratchet cable cutter hand wire ratcheting cutting tool Up To 300 mm²
- Compact structure,light weight,suitable for operation in narrow space
- Blade is made of special tool steel, with reliable performance and durable property
- The tool edge is specially treated, enjoys smooth shearing surface
- High torque driving design, easy to operate by one hand.
- Scope of application: cut copper and aluminum cables up to 30 mm in diameter or 300 mm²
Additional Info :
9. TEMCo TH0035 Heavy Duty 500 MCM Ratcheting Wire & Cable Cutter for Copper and Aluminum
- TH0035 Effortlessly Cuts Tough, Coarse-Strand Copper & Aluminum Cables up to 500 MCM.
- Hard, black oxide cutting head with Tempered, Precision Ground Shear Action Blades won’t chip or flake.
- Handles are designed for comfort and safety.
- Unlocking blade design with quick release lever allows the blades to be opened mid cycle should a positioning mistake be made.
- 5 Year Warranty and 1 year no questions asked return policy
Additional Info :
10. IDEAL Electrical 35-056 Ratcheting Cable Cutter – 400 MCM, Wire Cutting Tool w/ Steel Rounded Blade, Quick Release Handle
- Cable Cutting Tool: designed to cut hard drawn copper or aluminum cables, this industrial wire cutter is light in weight, allowing easy one-hand operation.
- Precise Design: the wire cutter has hardened steel round blades that ensure consistent cuts. Its rounded blade design minimizes cable distortion during cutting. It is equipped with high strength ratcheting teeth that ensure clean cuts
- Ergonomic Grip: the heavy-duty wire cutter has a comfortable grip handle makes it easy to cut hard drawn cables
- Convenient Use: the ratchet cutter has a quick release mechanism that simplifies blade back out after cutting a wire. The locking mechanism of this cutter keeps the handle closed after use, enabling easy storage
- Product Specifications: the IDEAL electric cable cutter can cut 400 MCM and smaller hard-drawn cables. It has a 2 in. wide ratcheting steel jaw
Additional Info :
List of ratcheting steel cable cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||Yangoutool Ratchet Cable Wire Cutter and Heavy Duty Aluminum Copper Ratchet Cable Cutter for Cutting...||
|2||Southwire 58277740 Tools & Equipment CCPR400 Heavy Duty Compact Ratcheting Cable Cutters with...||
|3||SATA 240MM Ratcheting Cable Cutters, with Heavy-Duty Drop- Forged Alloy Steel Jaws and Ergonomic...||
|4||Jonard Tools RC-600 Stainless Steel Ratcheting Cable Cutter, Cuts Copper and Aluminum Cable, Up to 1...||
|5||New steel Ratchet cable cutter hand wire ratcheting cutting tool Up To 300 mm²||
|6||LUBAN Ratchet Cable Cutter, Heavy Duty Wire Cutter for Aluminum Copper Cable up to 400mm²,...||
|7||KNIPEX Tools - Cable Cutters, Ratcheting Type, 1000V Insulated (9536250SBA)||
|8||Ratcheting Cable Cutters, 400mm2 Aluminum Copper Wire Cutters for Cutting Electrical Wire as...||
|9||Cable Cutters - Sanuke Ratcheting Cable Cutters Heavy Duty for Electricians - Cutting Aluminum...||
|10||SogYupk USA Ratchet Cable Wire Cutter,Ratcheting Cable Cutter Hand Tool,Heavy Duty Aluminum Copper...||
What to Consider When Choosing the Best ratcheting steel cable cutter
The Best ratcheting steel cable cutter saves time compared to the automatic cutter. They’re simple to use and produce faultless results. Not all manual ratcheting steel cable cutterare effective. This section explains how to choose the best cutter.
Using the appropriate tool provides you with an advantage and makes it easier for you to complete your responsibilities. Each wire cutter has a unique feature that makes it appropriate for a certain project type. But every good wire cutter needs to have a few particular traits. When buying a wire cutter, be sure that it:
- Multitask– It should enable you to carry out tasks in addition to cutting wire. You can avoid the inconvenience of needing to purchase numerous instruments for various activities in this way.
- Material: To enable you to do your task with ease, your wire cutter should be manufactured of a durable material that meets safety regulations, such as nickel-chromium, pure stainless steel, etc.
- Has rubber grips: This will lessen the potential of injury from electrical shocks or jerks and assist to prevent the possibility of your wire cutter slipping off your hand.
“ratcheting steel cable cutter” is a misnomer. Manual tools score and snap tiles rather than cut them. Small, pointed wheels scratch the tile’s surface, creating the perfect location for a clean snap.
Wheel material affects tool performance. Tungsten carbide-tipped wheels endure longer than steel wheels while scoring tiles. Even if you’re only cutting materials for one job, utilizing the same wheel ensures accuracy.
ratcheting steel cable cutter beds are also crucial. There are some specific characteristics that can improve the usability of your manual ratcheting steel cable cutter.
ratcheting steel cable cutter have central ridges. Best manual tile cutters have foam or rubber on either side of the ridge. This foam or rubber creates a nonslip surface that keeps tiles in place while scoring or snapping, improving accuracy and reducing waste.
Foam or rubber supports the tile while absorbing snapping pressure. Without giving, you couldn’t snap tiles cleanly.
You may not notice the characteristics and differences in the bases of different manuals ratcheting steel cable cutter. Larger tiles benefit from rubber feet and foldable sidebars.
It’s hard to provide continuous downward pressure while scoring larger tiles. On flat surfaces, a tile cutter without rubber feet can skid. It’s irritating and superficial.
Folding base sidebars support wide tiles and give stability when scoring and snapping. Cutting a wide tile off to one side creates uneven leverage. Sidebars allow for a more accurate, less uncomfortable cut.
Horizontal and angle rulers
Many of the greatest manual ratcheting steel cable cutter have built-in measurement instruments to speed up, improve, and maintain accuracy. These features allow repetitive cutting without measuring.
Best ratcheting steel cable cutterhave built-in horizontal rulers for trimming tiles. Some rulers extend to measure tiles that overhang the base.
Angle guidelines are convenient and consistent. Once you know the angle to cut, locate and lock the adjustable guides. You can register the tile against the guide to score and snap accurately.
How To Replace ratcheting steel cable cutter Blade?
Nearly every warehouse has a cutter, often known as a ratcheting steel cable cutter. These knives, which have a short blade and a compact design, may easily cut open cardboard boxes and take off packaging tape and other shipping-related wrappings. Box cutters are frequently built of extremely durable plastic or metal due to the trauma they endure.
ratcheting steel cable cutter are often viewed as disposable by warehouse workers. Workers in the warehouse will often start looking for a new one as soon as the blades begin to wear out. Fortunately, your organization doesn’t have to continually spend money on new box cutter purchases each week. Simply replacing the blade is a straightforward fix. The best thing, though? They frequently include bonuses!
Opening The ratcheting steel cable cutter
Finding out how a box cutter opens is the first step in replacing the blade. In our example, we only need to remove one side screw with a Phillips head screwdriver. Simply take the top off after removing the screw to divide the knife in half.
The actual number of parts in our ratcheting steel cable cutter is just five. The handle, screw, blade, housing for the blade, and a pack of extra blades. We can remove the blade and blade housing from the knife after the blade has been opened.
When you get to this stage, be careful to pay attention to how the knife is positioned in the housing. Once you’ve taken note of this, you can remove the knife from the housing and properly dispose of it.
The spare blades are often contained in a little pack. They frequently arrive in sets of three to five. You should carefully take these blades out of the knife. To avoid getting sliced, locate the
extra blades in the ratcheting steel cable cutter handle. Next, unwrap the blades and take one out of the box. Put the other blades back into the handle once the new one is out.
Next, insert the new blade into the housing in the same manner you did with the old one. This knife’s blades have a two-notch system that must be properly reinstalled into the housing. This gives the blade a wonderful, secure hold.
Putting The ratcheting steel cable cutter Back Together
We should now begin putting the ratcheting steel cable cutter back together. Reinstall the blade and housing in the handle, check that the extra blades are correctly placed, and then reattach the handle’s top to its base. Your ratcheting steel cable cutter will then be in like-new condition when you tighten the screw back into place.
When reinstalling the screw, make sure you tighten it just enough to hold it in place. Overtightening the screw will compress the handle and impede the movement of the blades in the handle. To prevent this, tighten it and then test it by repeatedly opening and closing the ratcheting steel cable cutter to ensure that it is at a comfortable resistance.
3 Features of a ratcheting steel cable cutter
The following characteristics are necessary for a heavy-duty ratcheting steel cable cutter. Don’t buy it if even one component is missing. If you choose a less expensive model made of plastic or with a snap-off blade, it is not worth it because you will wind up spending more money replacing it more frequently.
Finger notch and grip
A handle that is comfortable for your fingers will have a deep notch that will stop your finger from creeping up near the blade as you cut. To prevent your hand from slipping while squeezing through tight materials, it should also feature a secure and non-slip grip.
Spend a little more money to purchase a tool with a metal body because ratcheting steel cable cutter with a plastic body won’t be able to survive continuous use on the job site.
Easy blade change
Frequently, standard box cutters don’t have changeable blades and need a screwdriver to do so. When your ratcheting steel cable cutter blade becomes dull, you can easily replace it using a thumbscrew or finger release instead of searching for a screwdriver. To ensure that you always have extra blades on hand for quick swaps, look for a ratcheting steel cable cutter with a blade storage system.
Ergonomics is a top consideration in our design process. We always look for new ways to make our tools more comfortable and easier to use. This helps cut down on fatigue and reduces overuse injuries. It’s also why several of our tools look different from anything else you’ve ever seen.
Tool-Free Blade Changes
When you need to change a blade, you don’t need another tool to get the job done. You change blades less frequently because our blades last longer, and you change them easily.