A root cutter tool is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is a highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty option, which is precious in an emergency and worthwhile in a lot of destruction and demolition jobs with its long handles and short blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material in two halves and then squeeze the cutter handles together. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
Top 10 Best root cutter tool: Reviews with Features
1. B’ROOT BAR – Root Cutting Tool, Digging Tool, Vertical Axe, 72- Inch
- Engineered and designed strictly to cut through large tree roots and dense vegetation
- Can cut the larger roots near the trees base allowing you to shape the root ball to the size you want it.
- Effectively and efficiently saving time, energy and labor cost
- Allows the worker to operate in the standing position over the work area.
- 72-Inch Vertical Axe/Root-Bar, Commercial grade, Made in USA
2. Radius Garden 22011 Root Slayer Shovel, Red
- Serrated shovel designed for reducing stress on your hands and wrist
- Digging shovel with V-shaped cutting tip to easily rip roots and dirt
- Garden digging shovel with durable powder-coated carbon steel tip
- Sturdy tip suitable for any garden task- not meant for prying
- Lifetime manufacturer warranty (continental US only)
Additional Info :
3. Fire Rescue Demolition Carbide Chunk Root Cutter Blade for PVC, Aluminum, Masonry, Railroad Ties, Shingle Roofs (14 Inch)
- Demolition / Rescue Carbide Segmented Blade – Laser Welded
- Used by: Fire Departments | Rescue | Military | Law Enforcement | Municipalities
- Diameter: 12″, 14″ or 16″ / Thickness: 0.250 / Arbor Size: 1″/20mm | Segment Height: 7MM
- Cutting Method: Wet or Dry
- Cuts: Roots | Railroad Ties | PVC | Aluminum | Wood | Masonry | Shingle Roofs
Additional Info :
4. Weed Root Remover Tool, Folding Weed Razor, Lake Weed Rake, Aquatic Plants Grass Cutter Great for Removing Water Plants (20m)
- This weed scraper is specially designed for grass cutting,adopts professional design.
- The pond rake provides you efficient and convenient grass cutting experience.
- Wide bend angle will play great role in cutting,offering high-speed cutting for your work,time saving and labor saving meanwhile.
- Its top is screw design,adjustable,and ensure your safety as well.
- The lake weed cutter is made from stainless steel, high intensity,rust resistance, and durable.
Additional Info :
5. Shark Corporation 10-5206 6-Inch Root Cutter
- 6-inch root cutter with stiff, sharply pointed blade
- Easily cuts roots in lawns, flowerbeds and over grown potted plants
- Made with high-quality Japanese high-carbon steel blade
- Teeth are diamond-ground on two edges for exceptional sharpness
- 6 inches long
6. Radius Garden 22611 Root Slayer Edger, Red
- Power Source Type: Manual
Additional Info :
7. Radius Garden 16211 Root Slayer Soil Knife, Red
- Versatile Root Slayer garden knife for serious gardeners and metal detecting enthusiasts
- Heavy-duty soil knife with ripsaw teeth on one side and a smooth cutting blade on the other with a signature Root Slayer inverted V-shaped tip for cutting roots
- Root knife with powder-coated carbon steel blade that can be sharpened; Soil knife that can penetrate rocky landscapes, red clay soil, and clay-like soil
- Soil knife with a non-latex, thermoplastic grip with a polypropylene core for optimal comfort and ease of use
Additional Info :
8. Radius Garden 17011 Root Slayer, Trowel/Holster, Original Red
- Multi-purpose root cutter tool designed to last a lifetime of digging for serious gardeners; Includes a holster for safe storage and easy transport
- Heavy-duty and versatile trowel with teeth that has two dozen ripsaw teeth, inverted v-shaped cutting tip
- Powder-coated carbon steel root cutter blade that can be sharpened for optimal digging and cutting performance
- Carbon shovel with a non-latex, thermoplastic grip with a polypropylene core for comfort and ease of use
Additional Info :
9. Red Devil Root Cutter Shovel – Dual Serrated Root Slicing Blade – T-Handle Construction. Professional Landscapers, Lawn and Gardeners. Relic, Metal Detecting, & Gold Prospecting – Survival & Military
- SUPER HEAVY DUTY SHOVEL: This shovel is extra heavy duty and designed specifically for digging out large roots. The sharpened edge makes it easy to cut through the roots, and the sturdy construction ensures that it will last for years.
- ULTIMATE DURABILITY: The Root Cutter Shovel is the great tool for quickly and easily removing tree roots and other stubborn debris. Made with heavy-duty, durable construction, this shovel can withstand even the toughest jobs. With its sharpened edge and pointed tip, the Root Cutter Shovel is ideal for quickly and easily removing roots and debris from any surface.
- RAZOR SHARP SPADE IS HEAT TREATED AND SHARPENED: The Red Devil Root Cutter Shovel is the great tool for quickly and easily removing stubborn tree roots. The razor sharp spade is heat treated and sharpened, making it easy to cut through even the toughest roots.
- DIG DEEPER, FASTER, AND EASIER: The Red Devil Root Cutter Shovel is the great tool for digging deep, fast, and easy. With its sharpened edges and sturdy construction, this shovel makes quick work of even the toughest of roots.
- SLEEK AND ERGONOMIC SHOVEL: The Root Cutter Shovel is the great tool for anyone who needs to quickly and easily remove large amounts of dirt and roots. The sleek and ergonomic design makes it easy to grip and use, while the sharp cutting blades quickly cut through dirt and roots.
10. Hanafubuki Wazakura Hand Forged Bonsai Root Cutter Made in Japan 6.7inch(170mm), Trunk Splitter Branch Cutter Small Multipurpose Japanese Garden Tool – 6.7inch(170mm), Black
- 【Specification】Size: L 6.7 x W 1.8 x H 0.8 inch (170 x 45 x 20 mm) | Length of Blades: 0.75 inch (19 mm) | Weight: 5.5 oz (155 g) | Material: S55C Carbon steel | Black Coated
- 【Origin】Made in Japan (Sanjo, Niigata prefecture); Packaging Design may vary – due to current packaging box updates
- 【Root Cutting and Trunk Split Tool】Serves multiple purposes; Ideal for cutting root and branches; Also used as a trunk splitter on smaller branches
- 【Little Scarring】Cuts roots and branches in a way that the wound heals quickly and with little scarring
- 【Hand Forged Made】Beat and shape the heated steel to make it even stronger; Japanese samurai swords have also been made by this forging method
Additional Info :
List of root cutter tool: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||Radius Garden 22011 Root Slayer Shovel, Red||
|2||B'ROOT BAR - Root Cutting Tool, Digging Tool, Vertical Axe, 72- Inch||
|3||Radius Garden 22511 Root Slayer XL, Root Slayer XL, Red||
|4||Radius Garden 16011 Root Slayer Trowel, Red||
|5||Radius Garden 22311 Root Slayer Nomad, Root Slayer Nomad, Red||
|6||Shark Corporation 10-5206 6-Inch Root Cutter||
|7||Radius Garden 17011 Root Slayer, Trowel/Holster, Original Red||
|8||Kings County Tools Japanese Root Cutter and Weeder | 30-Degree Cutting Angle | 2-3/4" Stainless...||
|9||Radius Garden 16211 Root Slayer Soil Knife, Red||
|10||Radius Garden 22611 Root Slayer Edger, Red||
How to Choose the Best root cutter tool?
To help you pick the best root cutter tool for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a root cutter tool, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry root cutter tool in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most root cutter tool features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all root cutter tool cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. root cutter tools actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut root cutter tool. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourroot cutter tool, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most root cutter tool are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic root cutter tool if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated root cutter tool. Hydraulic root cutter tool is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
root cutter tool are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small root cutter tool
Small root cutter tool that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of root cutter tool, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools root cutter tool, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized root cutter tool
Medium-sized root cutter tool range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large root cutter tool
Large root cutter tool that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most root cutter tool are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The root cutter tool may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini root cutter tool or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier root cutter tool offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight root cutter tool is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.