A root cutter is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty, have traditional wheels and ever-so-effective rocker blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material and then run the cutter on it. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
10 Best root cutter Popular Models
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the root cutter to grab the best one.
1. Radius Garden 22011 Root Slayer Shovel, Red
- Serrated shovel designed for reducing stress on your hands and wrist
- Digging shovel with V-shaped cutting tip to easily rip roots and dirt
- Garden digging shovel with durable powder-coated carbon steel tip
- Sturdy tip suitable for any garden task- not meant for prying
- Lifetime manufacturer warranty (continental US only)
Additional Info :
2. Fire Rescue Demolition Carbide Chunk Root Cutter Blade for PVC, Aluminum, Masonry, Railroad Ties, Shingle Roofs (14 Inch)
- Demolition / Rescue Carbide Segmented Blade – Laser Welded
- Used by: Fire Departments | Rescue | Military | Law Enforcement | Municipalities
- Diameter: 12″, 14″ or 16″ / Thickness: 0.250 / Arbor Size: 1″/20mm | Segment Height: 7MM
- Cutting Method: Wet or Dry
- Cuts: Roots | Railroad Ties | PVC | Aluminum | Wood | Masonry | Shingle Roofs
Additional Info :
3. B’ROOT BAR – Root Cutting Tool, Digging Tool, Vertical Axe, 72- Inch
- Engineered and designed strictly to cut through large tree roots and dense vegetation
- Can cut the larger roots near the trees base allowing you to shape the root ball to the size you want it.
- Effectively and efficiently saving time, energy and labor cost
- Allows the worker to operate in the standing position over the work area.
- 72-Inch Vertical Axe/Root-Bar, Commercial grade, Made in USA
4. Radius Garden 17011 Root Slayer, Trowel/Holster, Original Red
- Multi-purpose root cutter tool designed to last a lifetime of digging for serious gardeners; Includes a holster for safe storage and easy transport
- Heavy-duty and versatile trowel with teeth that has two dozen ripsaw teeth, inverted v-shaped cutting tip
- Powder-coated carbon steel root cutter blade that can be sharpened for optimal digging and cutting performance
- Carbon shovel with a non-latex, thermoplastic grip with a polypropylene core for comfort and ease of use
Additional Info :
5. Hanafubuki Wazakura Hand Forged Bonsai Root Cutter Made in Japan 6.7inch(170mm), Trunk Splitter Branch Cutter Small Multipurpose Japanese Garden Tool – 6.7inch(170mm), Black
- 【Specification】Size: L 6.7 x W 1.8 x H 0.8 inch (170 x 45 x 20 mm) | Length of Blades: 0.75 inch (19 mm) | Weight: 5.5 oz (155 g) | Material: S55C Carbon steel | Black Coated
- 【Origin】Made in Japan (Sanjo, Niigata prefecture); Packaging Design may vary – due to current packaging box updates
- 【Root Cutting and Trunk Split Tool】Serves multiple purposes; Ideal for cutting root and branches; Also used as a trunk splitter on smaller branches
- 【Little Scarring】Cuts roots and branches in a way that the wound heals quickly and with little scarring
- 【Hand Forged Made】Beat and shape the heated steel to make it even stronger; Japanese samurai swords have also been made by this forging method
Additional Info :
6. Red Devil Root Cutter Shovel – Dual Serrated Root Slicing Blade – T-Handle Construction. Professional Landscapers, Lawn and Gardeners. Relic, Metal Detecting, & Gold Prospecting – Survival & Military
- SUPER HEAVY DUTY SHOVEL: This shovel is extra heavy duty and designed specifically for digging out large roots. The sharpened edge makes it easy to cut through the roots, and the sturdy construction ensures that it will last for years.
- ULTIMATE DURABILITY: The Root Cutter Shovel is the great tool for quickly and easily removing tree roots and other stubborn debris. Made with heavy-duty, durable construction, this shovel can withstand even the toughest jobs. With its sharpened edge and pointed tip, the Root Cutter Shovel is ideal for quickly and easily removing roots and debris from any surface.
- RAZOR SHARP SPADE IS HEAT TREATED AND SHARPENED: The Red Devil Root Cutter Shovel is the great tool for quickly and easily removing stubborn tree roots. The razor sharp spade is heat treated and sharpened, making it easy to cut through even the toughest roots.
- DIG DEEPER, FASTER, AND EASIER: The Red Devil Root Cutter Shovel is the great tool for digging deep, fast, and easy. With its sharpened edges and sturdy construction, this shovel makes quick work of even the toughest of roots.
- SLEEK AND ERGONOMIC SHOVEL: The Root Cutter Shovel is the great tool for anyone who needs to quickly and easily remove large amounts of dirt and roots. The sleek and ergonomic design makes it easy to grip and use, while the sharp cutting blades quickly cut through dirt and roots.
7. Radius Garden 16211 Root Slayer Soil Knife, Red
- Versatile Root Slayer garden knife for serious gardeners and metal detecting enthusiasts
- Heavy-duty soil knife with ripsaw teeth on one side and a smooth cutting blade on the other with a signature Root Slayer inverted V-shaped tip for cutting roots
- Root knife with powder-coated carbon steel blade that can be sharpened; Soil knife that can penetrate rocky landscapes, red clay soil, and clay-like soil
- Soil knife with a non-latex, thermoplastic grip with a polypropylene core for optimal comfort and ease of use
Additional Info :
8. Shark Corporation 10-5206 6-Inch Root Cutter
- 6-inch root cutter with stiff, sharply pointed blade
- Easily cuts roots in lawns, flowerbeds and over grown potted plants
- Made with high-quality Japanese high-carbon steel blade
- Teeth are diamond-ground on two edges for exceptional sharpness
- 6 inches long
9. Moongiantgo Biltong Slicer Chinese Medicine Radiused Beef Jerky Cutter, 0-0.5” Adjustable Thickness, Wooden Base Herb Root Cutting Machine for Ginseng Antler Gastrodiae Maca Ganoderma
- DOUBLE BLADE CUTTING – There are two curved blades on the handle and base, and the curved edges give the food a certain thrust to help cutting, which is very labor-saving!
- PREMIUM QUALITY – The sharp blade is made of 30CR13 stainless steel, and the base and handle are made of solid rubber wood, built to last!
- EASY TO CLEAN – Rinse the manual biltong slicer in the sink after each use, and then keep it dry. Apply a few drops of cooking oil to the blades and bearings for simple maintenance.
- PERFECT SIZE – The size of this Chinese herbal cutter is (LxWxH): 14.4×7.5×5.5 inch. An easy to store kitchen tool! Slice thickness range: 0-12mm/0.47inch.
- WARRANTY – 1-year warranty: free replacement for any quality problems. This radiused biltong slicer is also a good choice as a GIFT!
Additional Info :
10. Kings County Tools Japanese Root Cutter and Weeder | 30-Degree Cutting Angle | 2-3/4″ Stainless Steel Serrated Blade | Wooden Handle | 9” Length | Easy to Use Garden Tool
- TAKE OUT WEEDS WITH EASE – A wonderfully simple little tool that any gardener or homeowner will love as it an engineering masterpiece
- DESIGNED WITH PURPOSE – Has an aggressively serrated 2-3/4″ blade set at about a 30-degree angle to the wood handle with thick and deep teeth
- CUT THAT ROOT – Simply push the blade against the root’s underside and pull straight up to sever it to clean that area of the soil
- DURABLE AND LONG LASTING – Our stainless-steel blade is small in stature while performing beyond expectations
- GREAT GARDEN TOOL – Made in Japan, this is a horticultural favorite as it works quickly without having to exert extra effort
Additional Info :
List of root cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||Radius Garden 22011 Root Slayer Shovel, Red||
|2||Radius Garden 22511 Root Slayer XL, Root Slayer XL, Red||
|3||Shark Corporation 10-5206 6-Inch Root Cutter||
|4||Fire Rescue Demolition Carbide Chunk Root Cutter Blade for PVC, Aluminum, Masonry, Railroad Ties,...||
|5||B'ROOT BAR - Root Cutting Tool, Digging Tool, Vertical Axe, 72- Inch||
|6||RIDGID 63025 T-209 2" Spiral Cutter||
|7||Radius Garden 16011 Root Slayer Trowel, Red||
|8||Red Devil Root Cutter Shovel - Dual Serrated Root Slicing Blade - T-Handle Construction....||
|9||Kings County Tools Japanese Root Cutter and Weeder | 30-Degree Cutting Angle | 2-3/4" Stainless...||
|10||Radius Garden 22211, Root Slayer Round Head Shovel, Red||
How to Choose the Best root cutter?
To help you pick the best root cutter for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a root cutter, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry root cutter in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most root cutter features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all root cutter cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. root cutters actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut root cutter. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourroot cutter, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most root cutter are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic root cutter if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated root cutter. Hydraulic root cutter is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
root cutter are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small root cutter
Small root cutter that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of root cutter, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools root cutter, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized root cutter
Medium-sized root cutter range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large root cutter
Large root cutter that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most root cutter are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The root cutter may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini root cutter or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier root cutter offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight root cutter is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, root cutters with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different root cutter are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with a heavy-duty job can be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the root cutter from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The root cutter needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various root cutters that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right root cutter simple.