A small cutter is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty, have traditional wheels and ever-so-effective rocker blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material and then run the cutter on it. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
Top 10 Best small cutter: Our Picks
1. Hakko-CHP-170 Micro Cutter – Red
- Flush-cut micro soft-wire cutter has 8mm long jaw with angled head for flush-cutting applications on up to 16 gauge (1.3mm) copper and soft wire
- 2.5mm heat-treated carbon steel construction provides durability and long life
- Precision-ground holes and surfaces provide smooth movement, and spring returns tool to open position to reduce operator fatigue
- Dolphin-style nonslip hand grips with curved fore-edge provide comfort and control, and Parkerized surfaces prevent glare and increase corrosion resistance
Additional Info :
2. Flisin Paper Cutter,Portable Paper Slicer,12 Inch Paper Trimmer Scrapbooking Tool with Automatic Security Safeguard and Side Ruler for Craft Paper,A4 Paper,Coupon, Label and Cardstock (Black)
- ★【Portable and Safe】:You use this paper cutter for craft projects – much easier and more accurate than using scissors! Paper trimmer really helps that there is a ruler built in so you don’t have to measure by hand.if you wanted to cut small cards and did not want a big paper cutter. This worked perfectly. you will love that there is a safeguard to eliminate cutting yourself in error. This cutter is just what you was looking for and is small enough to store on a desk.
- ★【Professional Guillotine】:The blade on the paper cutter for cardstock was sharp and you was able to cut through heavy-weight paper and cardstock with no issues. you’ve used it to cut cardstock, laminated cardstock, sticker paper, clear (really thick) sticker paper, presentation paper, and standard paper. it cuts smooth and straight.Your ideal cutting tool for making craft projects, wedding invitation cards and greating card. Suit for home, office, and school.
- ★【The Price is a Good Value】:This paper slicer works as well as your more expensive paper cutter heavy duty. It can cut through two layers of cardstock.The fact that it has an extended ruler is also convenient. It is light weight and easy to move around. The blade on the paper cutter can be changed if this one wears out. The slot that the blade travels down is useful for eyeballing the cut if you don’t need to make precise cuts using the ruler.
- ★【Kids Handcraft Helpers】: Due to its net weight only 12oz and blade with safety protection design and other advantage, parents can rest assured let the children operate the paper cutter alone to complete some handcraft projects.
- ★【What You Get】: Guillotine paper cutter and 7 x 24h friendly services. If you have any product problem or service system close return window, click “contact seller” on order list, you will find us.Please don’t hesitate to contact us if at any time you aren’t completely satisfied with your purchased, we will try our best to make things right.
Additional Info :
3. HongWay 5pcs Micro Flush Cutters, Wire Cutter with Internal Spring, Diagonal Cutters for Electronics, Heating Wire, Model Sprue, Soft Copper Wire Snips, 5 inches, Yellow
- Economical diagonal cutter – 5pcs 170 Shear Cutter, yellow, 5 inches, made from high-hardness carbon steel, 10mm long jaws can be cut up to 18 AWG copper wire (0.04 “/ 1mm).
- Thin blade profile – Industrial-grade manufacturing standard, fine workmanship. The cutting edge is treated with high frequency, the surface is polished, with repeated grinding, and the cutting is sharp.
- Spring-back action – Lightweight spring design, easy to open and engage, to reduce workload and effectively prevent long-term work fatigue.
- Ergonomic handle design – Ergonomically designed non-slip rubber handle for a comfortable grip.
- Application – Can be used for cutting electronic component pins for trimming in tight areas, as well as cutting soft copper wire, soft iron wire, injection gate flashing, heating wire, etc. It can also be used for manual DIY, jewelry processing, model cutting and fishing. Please do not use the cutting pliers to cut objects beyond its cutting capacity, like hard metal, otherwise the cutting edge might be broken and cause irrecoverable gaps.
Additional Info :
4. IGAN-330 Wire Flush Cutters, Electronic Model Sprue Wire Clippers, Ultra Sharp and Precision CR-V Side Cutting nippers, Ideal for Clean Cut and Precision Cutting Needs
- 1.Ultra Sharp Wire Cutter: 13mm long upgraded jaw can achieve flush-cutting applications on up to 14 gauge (1.6mm) copper and soft wire.
- 2.High Hardness CR-V: Made of heat-treated chrome vanadium steel with angled head,rockwell hardness 60C.One of the strongest 5-inch flush cutter.
- 3.Compact design: Longer cutting jaws make flush cuts and fast cuts in tight spaces. The opening spring can help save force.
- 4.Comfortable grip: Ergonomically designed non-slip rubber handle for comfortable operation.
- 5.Ideal Shear Pliers for Electronics, Jewelry making, Zip ties, Plastic sprue cutters and more. Each customer will get our worry-free 12-month warranty and friendly customer service.
Additional Info :
5. Slice 10514 Mini Box Cutter, Package & Box Opener, Safe Ceramic Blade Retracts Automatically, Stays Sharp Up to 11x Longer, Right or Left Handed, Keychain, Magnetic
- Extremely hard ceramic maintains sharpness for consistently smooth cuts
- Finger-friendly edge helps keep your fingers safe during use
- Auto-retractable design retracts blade to prevent injuries from slips
- Key hole and magnet allow easy storage to stay within quick reach
- No-tool blade change allows quick, simple blade replacement
- Sport type: Indoor
Additional Info :
6. Klein Tools D275-5 Pliers, Diagonal Cutting Pliers with Precision Flush Cutter is Light and Ultra-Slim for Work in Confined Areas, 5-Inch
- Flush Cutter Pliers with improved knife design snips wire up to 16 AWG, producing a flat, flush cut
- Pliers’ pinch cutting greatly reduces cutting effort and minimizes fly-off
- Grips designed for greater tool control
- Ultra slim profile increases access in confined areas
- Made in USA
- Heat treated for increased durability
- Steel return spring for increased comfort during repetitive cutting
Additional Info :
7. Leven Cute Retractable Box Cutters, 3 Utility Knife, Sharp Cartons Cardboard Cutter Razor Knife for Christmas, Smooth Mechanism Perfect for Office and Home Use
- Built to Last: High-grade carbon steel blades allow for long lasting, durable cuts and slices on plastic packaging, boxes and straps
- Great box cutter utensil: With smooth mechanism, our utility knife slides open with ease and self retractable to ensure safety
- Portable: small and light weight allows you to take the utility knives anywhere when traveling
- Comfort Grip: Thickened hard plastic frame makes it comfortable for you to grip the knife
- Cute Design: cute cat paw shape
Additional Info :
8. Firbon A4 Paper Cutter 12 Inch Titanium Paper Trimmer Scrapbooking Tool with Automatic Security Safeguard and Side Ruler for Craft Paper, Coupon, Label and Cardstock (Black)
- Professional Guillotine: Present the clean straight cutting along printed line. No drag! And easy to replace the blade when it become blunt.
- Size and Materials: Design to cut A3,A4,A5 Paper, Photos, Cards, Laminated Stuff (within 1.5mm) and more. Max cut 12 sheets paper (80g/m2) every time. Cut a little lesser prolongs blades’ service life better.
- Accurate Measurement: With 45-degree to 90-degree angle measuring plate and cm/inch scale. Ensure to trim the angle and length you wanted.
- Portable and Safe: This cutter is lightweight and convenience. Only work when you press the blade, perfectly protect user especially children.
- Versatile Making: Your ideal cutting tool for making craft projects, wedding invitation cards and greeting card. Suit for home, office, and school.
Additional Info :
9. RJWKAZ Mini Utility Knives Box Cutter Retractable Letter Opener (Blue/Pink/White) 3PC
- COLOR:Cute colors-Blue,Pink,White
- DIMENSION: 2.7″ x 1.5″;Blade Thickness: 0.4mm/0.015″please refer to our picture 2;Small and sharp, very handy and pretty; Mini Size ,Fits in your Palm! Light weight!
- KEY CHAIN DESIGN: Hanging hole design, convenient lanyard/key-ring hole.
- APPLICATION: Can be used for letters, packages, envelope, food bags, plastic bag, wrapping tape,even to cut up large boxes. They are easy to grip, to use.
- PACKAGE CONTENT: 3 x Mini Cutter (1 PC each color)
Additional Info :
|Color||Mini Cutter 3PC (1Blue+1Pink+1White)|
10. IGAN-P6 Wire Flush Cutters, 6-inch Ultra Sharp & Powerful Side Cutter Clippers with Longer Flush Cutting Edge, Ideal Wire Snips for Crafting, Floral, Electrical & Any Clean Cut Needs
- 1.Ultra-Sharp Wire Cutters: 13/16” extra-long cutting edge can easily snips electrical wire up to 12 AWG.
- 2.Specialized Flush Cut: Improved blades design provide a smooth, flat and clean cut. Ideal wire cutters for Crafting, Floral wire, Electrical wire, Artificial flowers, Cable Ties, Plastic, Edge banding, etc.
- 3.High Hardness CR-V: Forged from chrome vanadium tool steel, heat-treated and precision ground angled head. One of the strongest 6-inch wire clippers.
- 4.Labor-saving Tools: Perfect length to provide great leverage with a spring-loaded mechanism to minimize hand fatigue.
- 5.Full lifetime warranty: If any IGAN P6 Flush Cutter ever fails for any reason, simply email or reply to the IGAN customer service and IGAN will ship a replacement.
Additional Info :
List of small cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||Hakko-CHP-170 Micro Cutter - Red||
|2||RJWKAZ Mini Utility Knives Box Cutter Retractable Letter Opener (Blue/Pink/White) 3PC||
|3||BOENFU Wire Cutters for Crafts Flush Cut Pliers 6 Inch Wire Clippers Micro Side Cutters for...||
|4||IGAN-330 Wire Flush Cutters, Electronic Model Sprue Wire Clippers, Ultra Sharp and Precision CR-V...||
|5||HongWay 5pcs Micro Flush Cutters, Wire Cutter with Internal Spring, Diagonal Cutters for...||
|6||Klein Tools D275-5 Pliers, Diagonal Cutting Pliers with Precision Flush Cutter is Light and...||
|7||IGAN-P6 Wire Flush Cutters, 6-inch Ultra Sharp & Powerful Side Cutter Clippers with Longer Flush...||
|8||Wire Cutters, BOOSDEN 5 inch Flush Cutter, Dikes Wire Cutter for Crafting Electrical Jewelry Making,...||
|9||2PCS Pill Cutter, Professional Pill Splitter for Cutting Small Pills or Large Pills in Half (Blue)||
|10||KATA 2-Pack Utility Knife, Heavy Duty Retractable and Folding Box Cutter for Cartons, Cardboard and...||
How to Choose the Best small cutter?
To help you pick the best small cutter for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a small cutter, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry small cutter in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most small cutter features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all small cutter cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. small cutters actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut small cutter. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yoursmall cutter, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most small cutter are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic small cutter if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated small cutter. Hydraulic small cutter is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
small cutter are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small small cutter
Small small cutter that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of small cutter, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools small cutter, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized small cutter
Medium-sized small cutter range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large small cutter
Large small cutter that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most small cutter are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The small cutter may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini small cutter or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier small cutter offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight small cutter is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, small cutters with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different small cutter are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with heavy-duty jobcan be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the small cutter from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The small cutter needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various small cutters that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right small cutter simple.