A string winder and cutter is a must-have powerful cutting tool that can be used for more than just cutting for both domestic and professional purposes.
This standard cutter is highly versatile, lightweight, and heavy-duty, have traditional wheels and ever-so-effective rocker blades.
All you need is to place the cutting material and then run the cutter on it. Thus, the applied cutting pressure on the sharpened blades will cut through the material.
Top 10 Best string winder and cutter in 2022
These are available in different sizes, shapes, and cutting capacities, which makes it a bit hard to figure out the best option. We suggest you consider the bottom key factors before investing in the string winder and cutter to grab the best one.
1. D’Addario Pro-Winder – Guitar String Winder, Guitar String Cutter, Guitar Bridge Pin Puller – Ultimate Ergonomic All in One Guitar Tool for Restringing – Black
- All-In-One Restringing Tool – The Ergonomic And High-Quality Design Of The D’Addario Accessories Pro-Winder Makes String Changes Quicker And Easier Than Ever Before With Its Built-In Clippers, Bridge Pin Puller And Peg Winder All Rolled Into One Tool
- Must Have For Every Case – Why Fill Up Your Case With Three Tools When You Can Have One That Does It All? This Indispensable Tool Has Been Designed To Fit Comfortably In Your Hand And For Use On Virtually All Electric And Acoustic Guitars, Basses, Banjos And Mandolins. Also Available In A Bass Guitar Version
- Built-In String Cutter – With The Hardened Steel Clippers On The Pro-Winder String Cutter You Can Cleanly Cut Through Your Old Strings To Remove Them Quicker And Easier, And Trim The Excess Off New Strings After Looping Them Through The Tuning Machines
- Integrated Bridge Pin Puller- Designed With Acoustic Guitarists In Mind, The Pro-Winder Has A Built-In Bridge Pin Puller. This Makes Removing Stubborn Pins Simple Without Risking Damage Caused By Pliers And Other Tools
Additional Info :
2. DODOMI Professional Guitar String Winder Cutter and Bridge Pin Puller, Guitar Repair Tool Functional 3 in 1 (Black)
- Using high-strength ABS hard plastic, made of stainless steel
- Put the string, cut line, pull cone, 3 in 1 multifunctional guitar maintenance tool
- high-quality peg puller string winder and built-in string cutter,Fits virtually all guitars
- Size: 12*5*1 cm / 4.7*2*0.4 inch ; Weight: 45 g.
- Package include: 1 * 3 in 1 string tool
Additional Info :
3. Guitar String Winder Cutter and Bridge Pin Puller 3 in 1 Guitar Tool For Repairing Restringing
- All in one restringing tool, string winder, string cutter and bridge pin puller
- The guitar maintenance tool is made of high-strength ABS hard plastic, stainless steel for clipper
- Fits virtually all guitars ,bass
- Small and lightweight, easily put in gig bag or case
- Quickly annd easily change strings
Additional Info :
4. Guitar String Winder, String Cutter and Bridge Pin Puller – 3-in-1 Guitar Tool for Acoustic and Electric Guitars – Wind Guitar Strings Quickly – Cut Excess String Off – Pull Pins Out Easily
- 🎸 RESTRING YOUR GUITAR OR BASS WITH EASE – With this guitar string winder, you will be able to wind your guitar strings much faster than turning the tuning knobs with your fingers – universally fits all tuning pegs including bass guitars
- 🎸 EASILY SNIP THE EXCESS STRING – Nobody likes excess guitar string flailing from their guitar like a neglected child and with this guitar tool, you will easily be able to cut the strings
- 🎸 PULL YOUR PEGS OUT NOT YOUR HAIR – It has always been a pain in the butt trying to pull the bridge pins out of your acoustic guitar with your fingers, and tools like pliers will actually damage the peg but this guitar tool has a handy bridge pin puller built in
- 🎸 TREAT YOUR GUITAR RIGHT – Your guitar is a big investment both in time and money, and you need to make sure you keep it looking and sounding great which is why you need the best guitar tools, such as this guitar multi-tool, to do that
- 🎸 SAVE TIME AND MONEY – Taking your guitar to a professional to get it restrung can cost quite a bit of money which is why you can save literally hundreds of dollars per year with this tool especially if you have multiple guitars
Additional Info :
5. MusicNomad GRIP Winder/Cutter/Puller/10mm Wrench All in One Premium String Changing Kit for all Guitars & Basses (MN295)
- GRIP Winder’s patented innovative dual bearing construction for effortless, silent & super fast winding combined with safe scratch-free & clank free rubber lined design that works on Electric, Acoustic, Classical and Bass Guitars
- GRIP Winder fits virtually all tuning pegs and narrow profile keeps your from hitting other pegs or headstock. Ergonomic handle and bonus 10mm hex wrench to safely tighten the most popular (10mm) tuning machine bushings.
- GRIP Cutter high quality chrome vanadium steel blade is spring-loaded and comes with a convenient storage sheath when not using.
- GRIP Cutter is perfect for cutting all string types from big bass strings to your smallest guitar string, and the ergonomic non-slip comfort grips feel so good.
- GRIP Puller is a premium, innovative bridge pin puller for acoustic guitars. The metal free, ergonomic and clever design helps easily lift the pins.
Additional Info :
6. Guitar String Winder Cutter Pin Puller – 3 In 1 Multifunctional Guitar Maintenance Tool/String Peg Winder + String Cutter + Pin Puller Instrument Accessories (Style-A)
- ✔ 3 IN 1 DESIGN – Put the string, cut line, pull cone, 3 in 1 multifunctional guitar maintenance tool.
- ✔ HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL – The guitar maintenance tool is made of high-strength ABS hard plastic, made of stainless steel.
- ✔ EASY TO CARRY – Portable and easy to use; Helping musicians changing strings at home and more importantly on stage, much faster and easier.
- ✔ HUMANIZED DESIGN – The ergonomic design makes string changes easier than ever before with it’s built-in clippers, bridge pin puller, and peg winder all rolled into one product.
- ✔ UNIVERSAL DESIGN – Fits on virtually all guitars, banjos, and mandolins, truly making it a must have for every guitar case.
Additional Info :
7. String Winder Electric Winder Cutter and Bridge Pin Puller, 3 in 1 Peg Winder Rechargeable for Guitars Bass Banjo, By Vangoa
- ✅[3-in-1 Guitar String Tool] Including electric string winder, string cutter, pin puller, it makes changing strings easier. The powerful knob groove is suitable for most guitars, bass, ukulele, mandolin and other bass.
- ✅[String Winder Function] Electric string winder make string changing faster and more convenient, saving nearly 80% of the time. Powerful knob groove can adjust the rotation direction at will, you can install or remove the strings easily.
- ✅[String Cutter Function] After professional heat treatment, the blade can easily cut thick strings and thin strings.
- ✅[Pin Puller Function]The unique design of the pin puller can pull out the nail easier without damaging the bridge.
- ✅[Rechargeable Battery] Built-in 3.7v, 750 mAh rechargeable lithium battery, comes with a charging cable, you can quickly charge, It can be used for 4 hours per full charge. You can put it in a backpack and take it wherever you want to go.
Additional Info :
|Color||black and white|
8. Winder Guitar String Winder and Cutter, Strings Extractor, 3 in 1 Guitar Maintenance Tool
- String puller: A Practical and Necessary guitar maintenance tool for guitar player.Small size for storage in instrument cases or bags and very handy for strings changing in any unexpected cases
- String tool: Using high-strength ABS hard plastic and made of stainless steel,The ergonomic design makes, Size: 12*5*1 cm / 4.7*2*0.4 inch .
- 3 in 1 guitar multi tool: Put the string, cut line, pull cone,multifunctional guitar maintenance tool.
- string cutter: Guitar tool fits on virtually all guitars, banjos, and mandolins, truly making it a must have for every guitar case.
- Package include: 1 Pcs 3 in 1 string tool, Weight: 38 g.
9. GUITARX X101 – Guitar String Winder and Cutter Set – Guitar Peg Winder For Easy n Quick String Changes – #1 String Winder for Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele – Random Colors
- ✔ MUST-HAVE: The X101 string winder and cutter set is one of the must-have tools among guitar accessories and gear for every beginner or professional musician. Carry it everywhere in your gig bag or case. Your best choice among guitar string winders and cutters.
- ✔ FAST: Instead of turning tuning pegs by hand, save time with the X101 guitar string winder with bridge pin puller and cutter set. Make quick string changes!
- ✔ VERSATILE: String winder and bridge pin puller with a cutting tool for electric guitar, acoustic guitar, ukulele, banjo, and mandolin. Fits most instrument brands and models.
- ✔ EASILY RESTRING: The X101 string peg winder and bridge pin puller is comfortable to use. It can be easily applied, making the restringing process faster than ever before. Easily cut string ends for a better finished restringing.
- ✔ BUILT TO LAST: The X101 guitar winder and cutter set is made of high-quality light weight materials. The #1 acoustic guitar string winder and ukulele peg winder. Great gift idea!
Additional Info :
10. CJRSLRB 3Pack Guitar String Winder Guitar String Cutter and Bridge Pin Puller, 3 in 1 Guitar Tool Guitar Accessories
- 【3 in 1 Restringing Tool】- CJRSLRB guitar repair tools use ergonomic and high-quality design, which makes string changes quicker and easier than ever before with its built-in clippers, bridge pin puller and peg winder all rolled into one tool.
- 【Universal Design Guitar Repair Tools】- This Guitar tool almost apply to all electric and acoustic guitars, banjos, basses and mandolins.
- 【Built-in String Cutter】- Use the hardened steel clippers string cutter you can cleanly cut through your old strings to remove them quicker and easier, and trim the excess off new strings after looping them through the tuning machines.
- 【Integrated Bridge Pin Puller】- This pro guitar string winder designed with acoustic guitarists in mind, has a built-in bridge pin puller, whichmakes removing stubborn pins simple without risking damage caused by pliers and other tools.
- 【Guitar String Winder Size】- 120x50x10mm/4.72×1.97×0.39 inch. Package includes 3pcs Guitar String Winder Cutter. If you have any questions during use, please contact us as soon as possible, we will solve your problem within 24 hours.
List of string winder and cutter: Comparison Table
|#||Product Name||Popularity Score||Quality Score||Sentiment Score||Sales Volume|
|1||D'Addario Pro-Winder - Guitar String Winder, Guitar String Cutter, Guitar Bridge Pin Puller -...||
|2||Winder Guitar String Winder and Cutter, Strings Extractor, 3 in 1 Guitar Maintenance Tool||
|3||Guitar String Winder, String Cutter and Bridge Pin Puller - 3-in-1 Guitar Tool for Acoustic and...||
|4||DODOMI Professional Guitar String Winder Cutter and Bridge Pin Puller, Guitar Repair Tool Functional...||
|5||Vangoa Electric String Winder Cutter and Bridge Pin Puller, 3 in 1 Electric Restringing Tool...||
|6||GUITARX X101 - Guitar String Winder and Cutter Set - Guitar Peg Winder For Easy n Quick String...||
|7||Guitar String Winder Cutter Pin Puller - 3 In 1 Multifunctional Guitar Maintenance Tool/String Peg...||
|8||Guitar String Winder Cutter and Bridge Pin Puller 3 in 1 Guitar Tool For Repairing Restringing||
|9||D'Addario Accessories Planet Waves DP0002B Bass Pro-Winder String Winder and Cutter, Black||
|10||Guitar String Winder String Cutter and Pin Puller 3-in-1 Guitar Tool Guitar Repairing and Adjustment...||
How to Choose the Best string winder and cutter?
To help you pick the best string winder and cutter for your tasks, examine these very important aspects.
- Comfortable Grips- The grip design is essential to the operation. You will be exerting a considerable amount of force, so you want to make sure you have something that is both comfortable in your hand and easy to hold onto. While it shouldn’t be a driving reason to consider a string winder and cutter, it is something to prioritize during selection.
- Foldable Design- If you need to carry string winder and cutter in a tool bag, you might want to invest in a set designed with that in mind. This is especially true if you know you will need longer handles for an increased mechanical advantage. Again, this is not a standard design feature, so you will need to search specifically for sets that offer it.
- Adjustable Blade- Most string winder and cutter features an adjustable blade. With this adjustment, you can set the proper cutting depth to fine-tune performance. How this adjustment is made can vary, and it is something to pay careful attention to. You want to make sure that the mechanism is both easy to use and will provide reliable results.
- Cutting Style or Angle- If you think all string winder and cutter cut in exactly the same way, it’s time to take a close look at the ones you’re thinking about buying. string winder and cutters actually have different cut styles, or angles, which creates different end results. You can choose from angled, shear, clipper, or center cut string winder and cutter. Each of these types of cuts can shape how you position yourstring winder and cutter, how much pressure is applied to one point, and how the jaws open.
- Hydraulic or Hand-Powered- Most string winder and cutter are powered by nothing but your own force applied via the handles. However, you can opt for a hydraulic string winder and cutter if you’d like. In these tools, a motor powers the cutting blades via a hydraulic piston. That piston moves the blades with increased force — more force than you could likely create with hand- and handle-operated string winder and cutter. Hydraulic string winder and cutter is especially helpful if you’re trying to cut through thicker locks.
string winder and cutter are offered in a wide range of sizes: 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24, 30, 36, and 42-inches. The cutter size will affect its capacity to cut through a variety of materials and metal thicknesses.
Small string winder and cutter
Small string winder and cutter that size 8, 10-inch, 12-inch, or 14-inches in length are primarily meant to cut through thinner chains and pry off bolts that have a soft to medium hardness. These types of string winder and cutter, such as the outstanding Knipex Tools string winder and cutter, are also quite popular as they are sturdy, fit in tight, confined locations, and enable on-the-go versatility.
Medium Sized string winder and cutter
Medium-sized string winder and cutter range in size from 18-inches-24 -inches. They can be utilized with soft and medium-to-hard metals. As a medium bolt cutter has a long handle, it provides better leverage for cutting through bulky things such as padlocks and removing bolts.
Large string winder and cutter
Large string winder and cutter that measure 30-42-inches are suitable for cutting through medium-hard metal components such as thick steel chains, copper cable, steel rods, and large bolts and padlocks. These heavy-duty tools include super-strong steel jaws and longer handles that provide you with improved leverage and bolt-busting strength for particularly demanding work.
The cutter’s jaws and blade edge must be built of strong, sturdy, and hard steel for maximum cutting power.
Most string winder and cutter are forged from chrome molybdenum or chrome vanadium steel. Both forms of steel are strong and durable. Powder-coated steel prevents rust and corrosion.
Any knife or ax will have a Rockwell Hardness Scale-made blade. The Rockwell Scale’s HRC code indicates steel’s hardness and durability. Higher RHC means tougher steel.
Handles must offer the appropriate leverage to expand the jaws so they may grab and cut metal with less effort.
Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue. The string winder and cutter may feature thick molded plastic handles, like the Capri Tools CP40209 40209 8-inch Klinge Mini string winder and cutter or rolling steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips.
A heavier string winder and cutter offers more metal-crushing force, but it causes fatigue over time. A lightweight string winder and cutter is perfect for quick chores and everyday transport, but not for heavy-duty tasks. Consider the tasks you must complete. Keep a heavy and a lightweight bolt cutter in your toolbox.
Questions and Answers
- Which cutters are best for electricians, according to #1?
Ans: Depending on your line of work, you could need a cutter that meets specified requirements. For instance, string winder and cutters with a needle-nose are used by electricians. They have tapered jaws that make it simple for them to bend wires and insert them into panels that are too small for any other type of cutter or plier to fit.
How should I pick a cutter?
- Ans: When selecting a cutter, there are a few things to consider. Consider, for instance, the blade’s ability to cut, the handles’ length and insulation, the material from which they are formed, etc. Different string winder and cutter are used for various tasks. Choose the option that will enable you to complete your assignment with the very minimum amount of effort.
3. What distinguishes cutters from strippers?
- Ans: Contrary to what their names might imply, cutters focus primarily on cutting, whilst wire strippers assist in removing the insulation.
4. If I cut a cable wire, would I get electrocuted?
- Ans: There is a chance of electrocution while cutting a cable wire. Wire cutters include handles with rubber insulation to absorb such unforeseen shocks to reduce this risk.
5. For what purpose do cutters have holes?
- The wire cutters’ holes make it easier to use small bolts and screws. To achieve this, one must thread a bolt or screw the correct length into the appropriate-sized hole. When the handles are squeezed together, the bolt or screw will have a clean trim without any damage to the threads.
6. How are heavy-duty cuts?
- Ans: Working with heavy-duty job can be demanding and difficult. You need a variety of heavy-duty wire cutters to successfully cut heavy-duty wires in order to ease the difficulty of this challenging work.
The following is a list of some safety advice you can use when cutting through heavy-duty wires.
- To protect your eyes, you must use eye protection. This will shield you from any mishaps and stop dust, debris, and other flying objects from getting in your eyes.
- To ensure that the contact between the wire and the cutter is stable, cut the wire at an angle. This will stop any slippage-related mishaps.
- In order to prevent the string winder and cutter from flying off your palm and landing somewhere else, you must firmly grasp the handle.
- The string winder and cutter needs to be constantly oiled and lubricated to stay in top shape and cut wires effectively.
- We have compiled a list of the various string winder and cutters that are offered on the market. Every one of the products listed is specifically made for its assigned function and falls into a designated category.
Therefore, we have compiled a comprehensive list containing the aforementioned attributes to make the challenging decision of choosing the right string winder and cutter simple.